“Not impressed” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 4 hotels in Hauppauge
Sarasota, Florida
“Not impressed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

In Long Island for business and had the opportunity to stay at this hotel for a couple nights. It's an older property compared to other Hyatt's I have stayed at. The staff was friendly and helpful. To me the rooms were a bit cramped as was the bathroom. The work desk is not really setup for your typical business traveler that needs room to work. From what I could tell, the location is not really close to much, suggest you have a car available if you want to explore. I will look for other options on my next trip to LI.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

20 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Hauppauge, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Awesome short term retreat for a quick re-charge. Hotel is more like a resort than just a hotel. Very spacious and wide open. Beautiful vistas and a great outdoor pool. Hotel is on top of high point on Long Island with great views. Beautiful Golf Course and club. The restaurants and wide open and clean and sunny. The clubhouse restaurant has great comfort food and nice people. Just a great place to get away for a couple days and recharge without the hassle of flights, trips, crowds etc.

Room Tip: Request a high floor with northern view to see expansive golf course and long views of long island
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

So I'm at the hotel right now and everything has been a bit off. When I call the front desk no one answers. When I call room service no one answers. I call guest relations and they transfer me to a line no one answers. Room service called me back an hour later last night at 11:35pm just to tell me it would be nearly an hour wait.

I wanted to go down and grab a bloody mary right now but the bar was closed and there was no where else. On top of that, I was supposed to be playing golf right now but the pro shop messed up my reservation and wouldn't even squeeze a two-some in even though it was their fault.

The rooms are so-so, the pool area is so-so, the layout sucks. You have to go all the way around to get to the only stack of Elevators. The place clearly was not designed in the intention of having guests.

Went to the "restaurant" this morning since room service didn't answer. It was $44 for two people at a very average at best buffet. Not terrible pricing but certainly not good for the quality.

Sorry, just can't see anything good about this place. Go elsewhere.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
LIHyatt-GM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Long Island, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Ralf690-

We appreciate you leaving us with this feedback. It is disappointing to see your experience was less then ideal. I have shared your concerns regarding the phones and the restaurant with the Managers, and please know that we will look into this. I can assure you our staff is completely dedicated to our Guests, and we strive to provide excellent, friendly and rapid service.

In regard to the concerns you mentioned about the layout of the Hotel, I apologize that you found it to be inconvenient and that you could not see anything good about this property. This is disappointing because our Hotel was beautifully renovated recently, and done so with the intention of pleasing each of our Guests. Many of our Guests find the hotel and property to be stunning, as you can see from previous reviews. Not only do we provide large Guestrooms to our Guests, but our two beautiful pools are lovely for Guests who enjoy swimming and relaxing. We maintain our pools thoroughly, and the indoor/outdoor option is great- as any inclement weather will not prevent a Guest from being able to utilize this amenity. We also have plenty of other great features, including our brand new fitness center, the basketball courts, the 18-hole golf course and etc. We have all of these features because we never want you to leave feeling as though your experience was sub-par.

Rest assured we take all of our Guest’s feedback very seriously. This feedback allows us to improve the overall quality of service that is provided to our Guests. Thank you again and we hope you give us another chance down the line.

Regards,

1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed at the Hyatt 4 times before. I'm not very happy with this particular hotel. My reunion committee chose this hotel and I am very disappointed. I've had screw ups with my reservations and my rates. I expected a lot more from the Hyatt. There was no overwhelming urge to correct the problem.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Shauna S-

Thank you for leaving us with this feedback. It is disappointing to see you had troubles regarding your reservations. We do our best to provide our Guests with excellent service, and to assist with any specific concerns or needs, as rapidly as possible. I will certainly send you a direct message in order to find out more details regarding your last visit with us. We are dedicated to providing a fantastic stay, and we want you to have a relaxing and positive experience with us.

NYC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My partner and I spent the 4th of July at the Hyatt. We checked in early and although weather wasn't great we went to the gym, bar etc,, staff was friendly and really took good care of us. The next day was beautiful and we spent it at the outdoor pool. Surprisingly busy but fun for sure. It was a great day and a nice little getwaway. For the holiday weekend the rates weren't that bad either I think we paid about 289,, pretty good considering chezzy motels in Montauk were $499 !!
I liked the Hyatt and we may return for a winter break in 2015 ! Enjoy .. PS- Great golf but we didn't use the course.

Joopola-

It is so nice to see you were able to spend the 4th of July weekend with us. Although the weather was not the best, I am glad you were able to utilize the fitness center, go to the bar and enjoy the service you received from our team. While the weather on the 4th was not the best, it is great that you got to experience the beautiful weather on the 5th and even took advantage of the outdoor pool- what a great way to spend the holiday weekend! We really appreciate your kind comments about your most recent visit and we would love to have back again for Winter Break as well!

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stayed here for a wedding and the hotel is a very luxurious and comfortable stay. The rooms are extremely comfy and amenities are ideal for what you're paying for, not to mention the ample room. During my stay we had an issue with housekeeping not cleaning our room, but the hotel staff was so excellent in their handling of this (and working directly with us rather than waiting around for me to bug them), so I give them 5 stars. Anytime a hotel contacts me to remedy a problem before I yell is a good servicing hotel. The rooms and views are great, and coupling it with good service make this an ideal place to stay if you're in the area.

I didn't get to use many amenities bc of the busy stay I had but they all looked busy and clean and comfy so that's always a good sign.

Anshu L-

Thank you for leaving us with such great feedback! It is so nice to see you had such a great experience. I am pleased that the team responded to your needs immediately and you felt that the service you received was excellent. Our team is dedicated to providing the highest standard of service in the industry, and we want to have each of our Guests leave smiling. It is also nice to see you enjoyed the room, they are certainly beautiful and the views are just phenomenal! Once again, thank you for the feedback and we would love to have you back again the next time you are in town!

Greenwood, Indiana, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed at this lovely hotel for 3 nights over the July 4th weekend. The staff were all very polite, professional and friendly. The room was what you would expect of a Hyatt - roomy, clean and nicely decorated, with a very nice view of the golf course. This hotel seems to be a good-to spot for events like weddings, conferences, etc, which I totally understand. Unfortunately for us there was some sort of sports conference going on that involved a bevy of teenage boys also staying in the hotel the same time as us. When in view of the staff (or parents) they were well behaved, but once left on their own they were more....mischievous. Running up and down the halls, having what I am guessing to be a game of elevator tag, when about a dozen of them tied up all 3 elevators, riding them up and down, trying to tag each other on different floors. We only got to use the indoor pool once, for about 5 minutes (it is very nice, btw....so warm!) before about 15 of them arrived, with a couple of balls, and proceeded to have a very rowdy game of kill the guy with the ball, in the pool.
The only other thing I would mention is that our bed, for whatever reason, had a mattress cover on it that did not fit the mattress, and the bottom sheet was either on wrong or was too short, and kept getting untucked. This resulted in getting tangled in the bottom sheet anytime you moved and waking up in the morning to find you had slept on the bare mattress. Not very pleasant in a hotel, lol.
Overall it was a very nice Hyatt, though I am not sure I would return there again without checking to see what other events are being hosted at the hotel during those dates.

Room Tip: 10th floor with a view of the golf course but try to get it away from the elevators.
Wendy S-

Thank you for leaving us with such detailed information about your last visit. We are so happy to see you enjoyed your time here, and found the staff to be helpful and friendly. The Hotel is certainly really beautiful, and our rooms are truly designed to make for a comfortable and relaxing stay. It is great that you got to experience the indoor pool as well, even if for just fifteen minutes. Both pools (indoor and outdoor) are such great assets to the property! Also, please be aware that we care deeply about your concerns and only want you to have a positive experience. I wish you had contacted me while you were here, as I would have been happy to clear up any issues you faced. Your feedback has been valuable to us and we hope to have you come back and visit us again down the line.

Jeff Rostek
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hauppauge
Family-friendly...
Mid-range, Pool...
Courtyard by Marriott Long Island MacArthur Airport
Airport Transpo...
Hilton Garden Inn Islip MacArthur Airport

Been to Hyatt Regency Long Island? Share your experiences!