“Nice hotel, great break without the commute” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #1 of 4 hotels in Hauppauge
NYC
“Nice hotel, great break without the commute”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My partner and I spent the 4th of July at the Hyatt. We checked in early and although weather wasn't great we went to the gym, bar etc,, staff was friendly and really took good care of us. The next day was beautiful and we spent it at the outdoor pool. Surprisingly busy but fun for sure. It was a great day and a nice little getwaway. For the holiday weekend the rates weren't that bad either I think we paid about 289,, pretty good considering chezzy motels in Montauk were $499 !!
I liked the Hyatt and we may return for a winter break in 2015 ! Enjoy .. PS- Great golf but we didn't use the course.

16 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I stayed here for a wedding and the hotel is a very luxurious and comfortable stay. The rooms are extremely comfy and amenities are ideal for what you're paying for, not to mention the ample room. During my stay we had an issue with housekeeping not cleaning our room, but the hotel staff was so excellent in their handling of this (and working directly with us rather than waiting around for me to bug them), so I give them 5 stars. Anytime a hotel contacts me to remedy a problem before I yell is a good servicing hotel. The rooms and views are great, and coupling it with good service make this an ideal place to stay if you're in the area.

I didn't get to use many amenities bc of the busy stay I had but they all looked busy and clean and comfy so that's always a good sign.

Greenwood, Indiana, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We stayed at this lovely hotel for 3 nights over the July 4th weekend. The staff were all very polite, professional and friendly. The room was what you would expect of a Hyatt - roomy, clean and nicely decorated, with a very nice view of the golf course. This hotel seems to be a good-to spot for events like weddings, conferences, etc, which I totally understand. Unfortunately for us there was some sort of sports conference going on that involved a bevy of teenage boys also staying in the hotel the same time as us. When in view of the staff (or parents) they were well behaved, but once left on their own they were more....mischievous. Running up and down the halls, having what I am guessing to be a game of elevator tag, when about a dozen of them tied up all 3 elevators, riding them up and down, trying to tag each other on different floors. We only got to use the indoor pool once, for about 5 minutes (it is very nice, btw....so warm!) before about 15 of them arrived, with a couple of balls, and proceeded to have a very rowdy game of kill the guy with the ball, in the pool.
The only other thing I would mention is that our bed, for whatever reason, had a mattress cover on it that did not fit the mattress, and the bottom sheet was either on wrong or was too short, and kept getting untucked. This resulted in getting tangled in the bottom sheet anytime you moved and waking up in the morning to find you had slept on the bare mattress. Not very pleasant in a hotel, lol.
Overall it was a very nice Hyatt, though I am not sure I would return there again without checking to see what other events are being hosted at the hotel during those dates.

Room Tip: 10th floor with a view of the golf course but try to get it away from the elevators.
Belmar, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I was here for a business meeting and was pleasantly surprised. This is quite the hotel. The staff were lovely. Upon checking in, Jessica at the front desk offered a coupon for a free buffet breakfast in the morning. Other staff were very helpful and friendly. The grounds are beautiful with all the expected amenities. Very comfortable bed and room with a desk, chair and ottoman. My only issue was the room's view that overlooked part of the front roof and parking lot - it would be nice to check in to a hotel room with a beautiful view for once without having to ask - but I was only there for one night. Not too big of a deal. I would stay here if in town for business again and maybe then ask for a room with a view.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
LIHyatt-GM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Long Island, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Aurora I-

Thank you so much for leaving us with such excellent feedback. Our team will be delighted to hear you found them to be lovely and helpful, and it is wonderful that Jessica was able to make such a positive impact on your stay. We will certainly share your kind words with the entire team and recognize them for their efforts. The Hotel grounds are certainly beautiful, and it is wonderful that you enjoyed the amenities offered around the property, and as well as in your room. The next time you come to visit us please do share any preferences your may have regarding your guestroom so we can do our best to accommodate your desires. We would love to have you back again and look forward to your next visit.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

From the moment we walked in to the time we left, the staff made us feel at home. We had a large group as an out of town baseball team coming in for a tournament and were never treated rudely. They made a lovely conference room available for us so the parents could take a break while the kids roamed the expansive facility. First class hotel with first class service. We will be back!

Room Tip: The higher floors will be less noisy due to the high volume of traffic in the lobby area.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
LIHyatt-GM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Long Island, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
W B-

Thank you for the 5 star review you have left about our Hyatt Regency Long Island Hotel and staff. It is always great to hear that the hard work and commitment of our team was instrumental in providing you with a positive and memorable stay. We appreciate all of our Guests, and coming in with a large group is no different! It is our pleasure to provide only the best service in the industry to each and every one of our Guests. We are so happy the parents and you enjoyed taking a break in the conference room, and that the kids enjoyed the spacious property. Your kind words about our property and service being first class are truly appreciated, and we look forward to having you back.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We booked 3 rooms and I had a truly amazing time during my stay.The Hyatt Regency Long Island earned a returning guest.The staff is by far the best that I've experienced,especially Jessica,front desk.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Swag119-

Thank you so much for the fantastic review. It is so nice to hear that you had an amazing experience with us. I appreciate the compliment regarding the staff providing the best service you have ever experienced, it means so much to the team and myself. We would love to welcome you back in the near future.

Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a business conference and found the overall experience to be very good. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful during the check in process and offered greetings every time I passed by. The rooms have all of the necessary amenities, the shower has great water pressure, and everything was very clean. This hotel is a bit out of the way if you want to go offsite but there are some nice walking trails nearby and a golf course that I heard was pretty good.

The conference rooms were excellent and the buffets were great. We only ate at the restaurant on our last day and although breakfast was a bit pricey, there was plenty of variety and the food was good.

I don't think I would stay here with the family on vacation due to the location but I did have a good experience during my stay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
LIHyatt-GM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Long Island, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Bwdowhan-

Thank you for taking the time to leave us with this feedback from your most recent visit. I am so happy that you had a great experience with us. We strive to provide our Guests with a unique experience, and show them true hospitality. I will be sure to share your positive comments with the team, and if you ever find yourself back on Long Island we would certainly love to be able to welcome you back.

Warm Regards.

Been to Hyatt Regency Long Island? Share your experiences!