“For this price it should have been a lot better.” 3 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #3 of 4 hotels in Hauppauge
Prestonsburg, Kentucky
“For this price it should have been a lot better.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Was part of a wedding party. Room was listed as $225, but was discounted at $125. Not even worth that. Room was worn down as was most of the hotel. Dust and cobwebs in the room. Bedding was old and ripped. Not even a continental breakfast. An egg sandwich for breakfast was $11.00 while any deli on Long Island charges $2.99. The staff was friendly, and the lobby area was nice and clean. They let the wedding guests "party" in the lobby till the wee hours in the morning.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
LIHyatt-GM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Long Island, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Steveslj-

Thank you for leaving us your feedback. I apologize you felt the room and hotel seemed “worn”. We are currently working on some major upgrades throughout the property and they will surely be beautiful! While I do apologize you had an issue with your bedding being "old and ripped"- I assure you our team is trained to use only fresh linens. All of our Room Attendants are sure to look out for any damage to the bedding, as we certainly would not ever use such items. I will have a meeting with my Executive Housekeeper to make sure our team is completely focused on this issue moving forward. I do thank you for your kind words about our staff, and I hope you come back and visit us again in the future.

281 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Enfield, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

My wife and I picked the Hyatt based upon location to an event we were participating in-The Run around the Lake. What a beautiful facility inside and out. We have travelled and stayed at many different hotels in many different locations. We have never experienced the level of hospitality we encountered here. EVERY staff member was top notch. The hotel was comfortable and just what we needed after a long drive. The restaurants were above average on every account. The service at the restaurants was perfect. Our whole experience was fantastic. What made this place amazing was the personal attention and complimentary gift we received from Diana Westerhaus ,Alesia Rogers, and Angelo. The fresh fruit, water, and wonderful note they sent made this stay so much more than we had ever expected. This show of kindness has placed Hyatt at the top of the list of hotels for our future travels. Amazing........

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
LIHyatt-GM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Long Island, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
CJZ3-

Thank you so much for the great review! I am happy to see you enjoyed your visit. I will share your review with the whole team, and certainly let Alesia, Diana and Angelo know what a positive impact they had on your stay! We will look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next trip.

PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

This hotel is very nice. We stayed 2 nights for a wedding and it was very busy with 7 other weddings. The staff were extremely helpful, polite, and responsive. The prices of the food and drinks were expensive, but that is expected. There are 2 pools which both looked nice but we didn't get a chance to use them. Beds were very comfortable. We had a handicapped room and the water from the shower gets the whole bathroom floor wet, so we had to get more towels just to mop up the floor. The room had a microwave and mini fridge. The hotel shuttle will take you anywhere within a5 mile radius so we utilized that to go to a restaurant nearby on 2 occasions. The shuttle also will pick you up and take you to the airport, so we didn't need to rent a car.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
LIHyatt-GM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Long Island, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Threedogsmom-

Thank you so much for the great review. I am happy to see you enjoyed your stay with us. I appreciate the kind words about the staff, and I will certainly share your review with them. We hope you come back and visit us again soon!

Vancouver, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I travel a lot for business, and have stayed at Hyatt hotels in the past. Usually I look forward to it as they are nicer than the usual business hotel, especially the resorts. Rooms are average and a bit tired-looking. Beds are comfortable, but I could hear every little noise nearby--when the shower was running next door, it sounded like it was in my room. Housekeeping did not always service rooms--I had to call twice during a week's stay to have the room cleaned. Service was inconsistent--dinner waitstaff were very attentive, while some mornings I waited 10 or 15 minutes before anyone even noticed I was at a table and offered me coffee. Shuttle service was not always available and booked up quickly. Wineglasses at an evening reception were smudged and had waterspots; stacked dishes at the breakfast buffet looked dirty. Nothing egregious but hardly good value for the money. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Martha_in_BC-

Thank you so much for leaving this review. We only want to provide the best service to our guests, so to see the inconsistency you experienced is certainly disappointing. I will advise my Executive Housekeeper and Director of Food and Beverage about the issues you mentioned in order to make sure our teams are being consistent in their areas at all times. I also want you to know we have some capital improvements planned for this year for the guestrooms, and I assure you they will be quite impressive. I do hope in the future you change your mind and stay with us again... I know we can give you the excellent stay you deserve.

Thank you.
St. Croix
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Hyatt for our third anniversary to visit the wineries in Long Island. We were initially impressed by the look of the hotel but the service is what really made our stay amazing. The service was above and beyond for the entire weekend. The staff was polite and friendly and definitely wanted us to enjoy our stay. The manager (Ken) was exceptional and really stood out. He treated us, and all the customers, like we were his most important customers. We ate at the restaurant one night and the food was great and we had great service.

Overall, I would recommend staying here for the service for sure which ultimately is really what makes a weekend getaway.

Room Tip: I would recommend higher rooms.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
LIHyatt-GM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Long Island, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
M J-

Thank you so much for the five star review you left us! It is wonderful to see you really enjoyed your visit and the service you received. I will certainly let Ken know about the kind words you left for him and many thanks on the positive feedback about the Restaurant service and food. I will certainly share this news with the team and we look forward to your next visit with us!

London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

Lovely balconies were locked and not openable. Rooms a god size but stuffy as no fresh air. Out door pool drained and shut and small j door pool full of kids. Beds comfy though and staff very friendly in this faceless hotel devoid of any discernible character.

• Stayed May 2013
LIHyatt-GM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Long Island, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Reallypickytraveller-

Thank you for leaving us this review. I would like to say I do apologize for your inability to access the outdoor balcony. While we do not wish to disappoint, our balconies are not accessible due to our safety regulations. I know this may have fallen short of your expectations for the room, but I hope you understand the reasoning for this. Also, to reply to your comment about the outdoor pool, I wanted to let you know it was closed for the winter but we are currently preparing to re-open it for the upcoming season. Many thanks for the compliments about our friendly staff, and once again I appreciate all of your feedback.

Regards.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

My first night here, I was ready to give this place a stellar rating but boy did they go downhill. My first night: room was very clean, hospitable at check-in, and the food and drinks were perfect. I told my friends I had the best flatbread pizza that I have ever had!

Day 2: the room service literally just made the bed and supplied a new bath mat. The dirty glasses were left where they were and the wrapper that was not mine for whatever it was, was left on the table. The toilet paper roll almost empty was not replaced and they did not leave a spare. Yes - I did run out and thankfully there were Kleenex left! They threw the pillows on the bed not taking care in remaking the bed. My wine glass from the evening before remained unwashed, and not removed from the nightstand. I ordered a grilled chicken house salad for dinner. The salad part was delicious. The chicken was microwaved, dry, and had the texture of rubber. They took the meal off my bill.

Day three: the same dirty glasses remained. I went to the bar again to order that amazing flatbread I had the first day only to receive a torched black over-cooked pizza. When I returned it, they made a "new one" but when the new one came, it was Luke warm - obviously reheated from leftovers the day before. It was no way fresh like the one I had day 1. I got a glass of wine for free for that screw up. Really - you cannot serve leftovers as fresh - It is way too obvious! I am here for work but will not return - there are better places for a much better value.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
LIHyatt-GM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Long Island, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Palmcoast11-

Thank you for leaving this review and giving us feedback on your last visit. I want to apologize that your experience was poor. This is clearly disappointing and it is definitely not how we operate.

Our Culinary team works very hard to prepare fresh and delicious meals. The team takes pride in their work, but clearly it seems we did not deliver for you. The same goes for your experience with Housekeeping, and this is very upsetting to me because I know our team is well trained and aware of how important it is to provide the best service in the industry.

I will discuss your comments in our next Management meeting to see how we need to further training and prevent this from happening again in the future. I hope you change your mind and visit us again, because I know we can give you the excellent stay you deserve.

Kind Regards.

Been to Hyatt Regency Long Island? Share your experiences!