“Check what is open and if you need fresh air stay elsewhere” 3 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #3 of 4 hotels in Hauppauge
London
“Check what is open and if you need fresh air stay elsewhere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

Lovely balconies were locked and not openable. Rooms a god size but stuffy as no fresh air. Out door pool drained and shut and small j door pool full of kids. Beds comfy though and staff very friendly in this faceless hotel devoid of any discernible character.

• Stayed May 2013
LIHyatt-GM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Long Island, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Reallypickytraveller-

Thank you for leaving us this review. I would like to say I do apologize for your inability to access the outdoor balcony. While we do not wish to disappoint, our balconies are not accessible due to our safety regulations. I know this may have fallen short of your expectations for the room, but I hope you understand the reasoning for this. Also, to reply to your comment about the outdoor pool, I wanted to let you know it was closed for the winter but we are currently preparing to re-open it for the upcoming season. Many thanks for the compliments about our friendly staff, and once again I appreciate all of your feedback.

Regards.

281 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

My first night here, I was ready to give this place a stellar rating but boy did they go downhill. My first night: room was very clean, hospitable at check-in, and the food and drinks were perfect. I told my friends I had the best flatbread pizza that I have ever had!

Day 2: the room service literally just made the bed and supplied a new bath mat. The dirty glasses were left where they were and the wrapper that was not mine for whatever it was, was left on the table. The toilet paper roll almost empty was not replaced and they did not leave a spare. Yes - I did run out and thankfully there were Kleenex left! They threw the pillows on the bed not taking care in remaking the bed. My wine glass from the evening before remained unwashed, and not removed from the nightstand. I ordered a grilled chicken house salad for dinner. The salad part was delicious. The chicken was microwaved, dry, and had the texture of rubber. They took the meal off my bill.

Day three: the same dirty glasses remained. I went to the bar again to order that amazing flatbread I had the first day only to receive a torched black over-cooked pizza. When I returned it, they made a "new one" but when the new one came, it was Luke warm - obviously reheated from leftovers the day before. It was no way fresh like the one I had day 1. I got a glass of wine for free for that screw up. Really - you cannot serve leftovers as fresh - It is way too obvious! I am here for work but will not return - there are better places for a much better value.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
LIHyatt-GM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Long Island, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Palmcoast11-

Thank you for leaving this review and giving us feedback on your last visit. I want to apologize that your experience was poor. This is clearly disappointing and it is definitely not how we operate.

Our Culinary team works very hard to prepare fresh and delicious meals. The team takes pride in their work, but clearly it seems we did not deliver for you. The same goes for your experience with Housekeeping, and this is very upsetting to me because I know our team is well trained and aware of how important it is to provide the best service in the industry.

I will discuss your comments in our next Management meeting to see how we need to further training and prevent this from happening again in the future. I hope you change your mind and visit us again, because I know we can give you the excellent stay you deserve.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I knew this was formerly owned by Wyndham and as a Hyatt Gold-passport member I figured the Hyatt Corporation would have renovated this property as a first class hotel. Boy was I wrong. It all started when upon entering the lobby and there was only one person behind the counter who was answering phones and trying to check in people. The lobby was unimpressive and blah. There were no visible bell hops or any type attendants to welcome you. The woman behind the counter quickly told me , sorry we cannot accommodate your preference of a high floor so have breakfast on us. Okay i thought. I then went to my room which was $350 per night suite and it was opposite the elevator. I checked out the room #328 and it was in poor condition. The rug had cigarette burns, and cheap accommodations in general. There was a beer can on the roof outside my window. As I was leaving the room three young men bounced off the elevator obviously there for a wedding. One remarking, I don't care if i sleep in the closet. So even though I asked for a quiet room I was put next to a wedding block on the third floor.
I am so sorry I applied and received a Hyatt credit card which I thought I would enjoy using. But it is clear the Hyatt group has substandard establishments in their chain and will not invest the capital in bringing them up to date. I left Hilton for the same reasons (Saratoga Hilton). My next chain will be Four Seasons. Hopefully it will be worth it. This Hotel is old and dingy. Try the Marriott in Islandia. Or the Holiday Inn Express in Hauppauge. Or even the Sheraton in Hauppauge. Much better value.

Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
LIHyatt-GM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Long Island, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
John W-

Thank you for taking time out of your day to leave this feedback about your last visit with us. As the General Manager of the Hyatt Regency Long Island, I would like to say I am truly disappointed that your most recent stay was poor, and I wanted to apologize. I wanted to respond to some of your concerns, and let you know that I really appreciate the feedback.

I know you are disappointed with the decor and feel that the hotel is dated, however, I do want to let you know we will be doing some stealth renovations within the hotel throughout the next year. I really feel as though the renovations are really going to take our hotel to the next level and will be quite impressive.

As far as your reservation is concerned, I apologize that you were blocked near a wedding group. We make a large effort to block our groups separately from our leisurely guests, and it is a shame to see we let you down. Special attention will be paid by our Front Desk team and our Reservationist in order to be sure we are reserving rooms more carefully.

Once again, thank you for leaving this review, and I do hope you give us another chance to give you an excellent stay.

Regards.
PROVIDENCE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My friend and I have stayed here numerous times and as recent as mid-March. The room is spacious, the view of the golf course was beautiful, the floor was very quiet and the bed was soooooo comfortable. When I am in Long Island, Hyatt in Hauppauge is our first choice. Oh yes, can't forget to mention it's easy accessible off the highway and parking is free!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
LIHyatt-GM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Long Island, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
HappyFeet57-

Thank you so much for the great review and for making us your number one choice when on Long Island! I am glad to see you have a very peaceful and comfortable time when visiting, and we hope that you will come back again soon.

New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Terrible hotel, dirty rooms, bad service and needed to renovated 20 years ago. They don't care about the business traveler except for their captive audience from across the street at Computer Associates. Frankly, CA should demand better since they seem to keep this Hyatt afloat. I've never been in a worse Hyatt in the last 35 years. It should not be considered a 4 star hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
RD o-

I would like to apologize for your poor experience. I see you have voiced concerns about the cleanliness of the hotel and also about the service being bad.

We care about ALL of our guests, no matter what the reason is for their stay. We only want to provide the best service, and to go above and beyond. It is disappointing to see you do not feel this occurred while here with us. I will send you a private message so we can further discuss your experience, and thank you for taking the time to leave this feedback.

New Suffolk, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

My fiance and I stayed here on 2/15/13, and a total of three cars were broken into that evening. The following morning, we informed the front desk about the event from the previous night and they did not seemed phased. From their reaction, I feel that this happens often. Where was the security guard that evening; was he sleeping on the job? We received more assistance from construction workers who provided us a vacuum to clean the glass and they offered to tape the window for us. Oh, and we had to pay for the repair.

Unfortunately, I will not be staying here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Kristin S-

I appreciate you taking the time out of your day to leave us feedback from your last stay. I apologize that your car was broken into while you were visiting with us. This is certainly very unfortunate but it is not common, I assure you. Please know that we are taking this issue very seriously and that we will work actively with the Security Guards to increase the safety of the parking lot.

Thank you.
Cedar Hill, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I picked this property because of it's location and also because it was a Regency. Unlike most other Regency properties, this one did not have a Regency Club.
It is very convenient to what seems to be a very nice golf property and perhaps many people come for that reason.
The hotel personnel are very friendly but service is uneven.
I was supposed to receive a welcome gift the night of my arrival, I picked it out but it was never delivered. I told the front desk about it and they apologized and fixed it so that it arrived the next night.
At breakfast, they appear to really want you to eat at the buffer. There were very few servers and I wanted to try the menu. I waited quite a while for someone to come over and take my order. Delivery of the breakfast was also very slow along with coffee refills, etc.
I had 3 breakfasts and it never got better and at one point the senior server just apologized.
I never had the buffet and tried a new local specialty each day.
On two of the days, the food was quite good but one breakfast was not very good at all.
Again - things are just not repeatable and great.
I'm not sure what the problem was but maybe I just caught them on a bad week.
The rooms are very nice and comfortable with no noise.
Parking is easy and free.

I will try them again.
It's a Hyatt Regency and they will hopefully get better so that the standard of the brand is upheld.

Room Tip: A higher floor will offer you a better view.