While the chain advertises super-human mental capacity when staying a night here, this property apparently isn't buying in. When the mattress is as hard as ours was and the large screen TV in the breakfast room loudly features evangelical religious programming, you will not be adequately prepared to solve for quantum physics upon check out. When there is only enough hot shower water to accommodate one of us in the room, it's hard to face the day feeling refreshed. And when our nighttime arrival finds us and other guests arriving at a similar time (all strangers to each other) confronted by an empty registration desk, the concern with security will not contribute to a restful night's sleep.
On the positive side, the hotel is very conveniently located off the LIE, although it is truly a stand alone hotel with no restaurants or any shopping within view. The public area and sleeping quarters were attractive and the room is furnished with a fridge. There is a nice indoor pool and fitness center, but the area around the pool offers VERY limited seating. And the continental breakfast was pretty decent. However, as for the bed, when we went downstairs to ask the less than compassionate clerk for additional blankets to provide some cushioning, we spotted other guests carrying comforters through the lobby. Clearly, genius was going to be in short supply the next morning.
The rate seemed high for H.I. Express on a weekend night. But the strong Trip Advisor rating led me to expect it to be worth it. Instead we experienced just another mediocre non full-service hotel off a busy highway.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hauppauge Hotel Hauppauge
- Holiday Inn Express Hauppauge Hotel
- Hauppauge Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Hauppauge
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Comfort, convenience & hospitality at its best make Holiday Inn Express Hauppauge hotel the right choice for business or leisure travelers visiting Long Island. Just off the Long Island Expressway, the hotel's location is central to everything, including NYC, Madison Square Garden, Yankee Stadium, Nassau Coliseum, Nikon Theater at Jones Beach & Shea Stadium / Citi Field. Our property is central to Kennedy Airport (JFK), LaGuardia (LGA) and Long Island MacArthur Airport (ISP). Our spacious accommodations & outstanding amenities make being on the road as comfortable as being at home. The 133 guestrooms & suites are tastefully appointed and fully outfitted to serve every traveler's needs. Amenities include microwaves & refrigerators, free high-speed wireless Internet access, hot breakfast, business center, indoor pool, sauna/fitness center, hotel shuttle & of course free local phone calls. The hotel's great room with its blazing fireplace is the perfect place for meeting informally with colleagues and catching up with old friends. We have 2 meeting rooms to accommodate up to 50 people. Stay smart at the Holiday Inn Express, Hauppauge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hauppauge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.