“Same old holiday in from the 70's. ” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Hauppauge
Palm City, Florida
“Same old holiday in from the 70's. ”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Very cheap fixtures. Uncomfortable beds. Toilets that just keep running. Thin walls. No bar here or in walking distance. No food available after breakfast. I am struggling to find something nice to say about this place, I guess the best thing is that I only had to spend one night here. The front desk people seemed nice.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Aidan R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hauppauge, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Dear Pdubuque, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am sorry that we did not deliver a product that you come to expect from the Holiday Inn Express. We are constantly upgrading our hotel and we hope to welcome you back in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights in July, 2013.

Pluses:

-Right off the LIE.
-Can always find free parking in their lot but sometimes not close to the building.
-Centrally located.
-Less than 1 hour drive to Hamptons.
-1 hour drive to Montauk
-1 hour drive to Manhattan with no traffic.
-2 hour drive to Manhattan with traffic.
-30 minute drive to Hicksville LIR train station with service direct to Penn Station in Manhattan.
-1 hour drive to Orient Point Ferry Terminal for Ferry to New London, Conn. Fastest way to Boston and Cape Cod and Martha's Vineyard.
-Good free breakfast--they have hard boiled eggs! Standard HIE breakfast.

Minuses:

-We were up high on the west side of the building (back side) and with the windows closed it was so noisy from the cars racing by on the LIE. The hotel sits on the LIE. I used earplugs and it was still noisy.
-Our King room was a bit warn, but not badly. This is a high volume hotel.
-Form Note from housekeeping one day telling us that if you are not out of your room by noon, they will not make up your room that day. I have never seen this before in a hotel.
-Our Non-smoking room had a light musty smoking odor--asked for a change 1st night but they were booked solid. We dealt with it--not too bad, we just kept the window opened but then there was the highway noise.

Value Statement: If you pay 100 or less a night it's a good value. More than 100, value decreases the higher it gets.

When we returned to Long Island 2 weeks later for the second half of our trip we stayed elsewhere but we would consider staying here again. It's fine.

Room Tip: See if they have one with less traffic noise if that is possible.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Aidan R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hauppauge, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear tripesq, Thank you for your review and thank you for your valuable feedback. We appreciate you comments, both the pros and cons, and will use your feedback to improve our service that we offer our guests.
Ephrata, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for a weekend party in st james and was very pleased
Room was clean and filled
no noise to speak of even with a soccer league staying there
morning breakfast was good
right off the highway
all good

• Stayed August 2013
Dear usa194, Thank you for your review and we are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Our bathroom didn't have a shower curtain, which was so strange. I wanted to take a shower, so I went to the front desk and they took about ten minutes to bring one to the room. Our room was right next to the lobby and must have good sound-proofing, because despite the noisy guests, we were not disturbed at all. Our room was nice and everything was clean, beds were comfortable too. There was perhaps a slight amount of wear here and there, but not anything that detracted from our overall experience. We were there on a Saturday night with wedding guests and some sort of group of young children's, so there was a great deal of noise, and unfortunately there was not a lot of supervision of the young people running around the hotel. This was not the fault of the hotel and given that this type of hotel does not ever have a lot of staff, I wouldn't have expected them to be in control of loud and unruly children. I did think the staff that was there seemed really tired and run down. They were nice, but they were not overly eager to rush to help us when I asked about some things...I don't know, perhaps the big group of obnoxious people had run them ragged. They might want to get more staff there when they know they a big block of people coming.

Room Tip: If there is a large group staying here, try to get to the breakfast area early
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear THD, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your valuable feedback and we will work on the points that you raised so that we can improve in the future. Again, thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to Long island in the near future
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed one night. The rooms was extremely clean and so was the bathroom. The staff were friendly and a wide variety of food for breakfast. Check - in was quick and easy. We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Diane F, Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back to Long Island in the very near future..
Lisbon, Portugal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

I staid 1 night, with my familiy.Free Parking, Hot Breakfast, free internet. Not the best Holiday INN Express, but average. Room clean and bed clean is very important for my family, and this has very important to us.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Aidan R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hauppauge, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Dear RMPD, Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. We know the importance of clean room and a clean bed and we are delighted that you choose us to for your hotel needs on Long Island
Seaford, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

stayed at the HIE in Hauppauge this past weekend for a wedding that had booked a block of rooms here. Any and all problems experienced with this hotel had to do with the rude front desk staff, one guy in particular. I arrived at the hotel around 11:30AM - while I completely understand that I was there a bit earlier than the traditional check in time, I have had many stays at hotels where rooms have been available early, so since i was already in the area I decided to give it a shot so that I could get the room settled for my wife who was still at work. In past experiences, hotels who didn't have a room ready yet were not only apologetic, but offered to hold bags and/or call my cell when a room would be available. Apparently that's not the way at this HIE, as my inquiry was met with a response of "nope, no rooms, too early come back after 1". That's it? not even a check in the computer or a call to housekeeping? Certainly someone had to have checked out by then. Whatever, guess I'll come back later. After picking my wife up at work & grabbing some lunch I returned a little after 1PM, same guy at the desk quips "back so soon? maybe I have something now I'll have to see". I ask can he try for a higher floor, again without checking he replies "nope only got one room ready and it's on the first floor". He didn't elaborate, and at this point I didn't feel like arguing I really just wanted to get into the room so we could freshen up before the ceremony, but what he didn't tell us is that the room he gave us was not only on the first floor, but it was the very first one adjacent to the lobby! Not sure what I did to piss this guy off but I was starting to feel like he had it out for me. Oh well, we decided to deal with it since it was just for one night & we wouldn't be in the room that much. The room itself was pretty nice, the inclusion of a microwave & fridge was great too. Would like to see some better amenities in the bathroom - the bar soap was pretty crappy & was the only option in there, would a small body wash to go with the shampoo break the bank? Free cookies at the front desk in the afternoon were nice, free breakfast in the morning was meh. Doubtful I'd return to this location, would rather drive back & forth to Nassau a few times than deal with staff that seemingly had it out to make my stay miserable.

Room Tip: pray you don't get the gruff guy we dealt with at the front desk
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear larryb78, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We strive to deliver the best possible service and I do apologise if we did not deliver the service that you come to expect form Holiday Inn Express. We appreciate the feedback that you gave to us as this will help us to constantly improve. I hope that this has not put you off from staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to Long Island in the near future

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hauppauge? Share your experiences!