“Could not ask for a better hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Hartwick
NJ
“Could not ask for a better hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2009

Extremely clean- rooms are so big and comfy! Continental breakfast offered every day and was pretty yummy! The bed is heavenly- the jacuzzi tub so soothing. It's in the middle of nowhere but the place was so well kept and the price is so affordable. If you're going to the Cooperstown area, you have to check the availability here.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Paris, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2008

We stayed for two nights and enjoyed our stay, the staff was very helpful and did their best to ensure that their guests were satisfied. There was a problem with the heat in our room and the front desk person went out of her way to get us moved to another room immediately, even offering to help us relocate.

This hotel is outside Cooperstown, south about 4 miles in a quiet rural area. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2008

We didn't feel like a B&B in the quaint town of Cooperstown. While I'm sure there are some great ones to choose from we weren't sure of our schedule's flexibility. I found the Best Western at the Commmons as I was shopping on price. The reviews looked good and while we've had mixed results with Best Western in the past, more recently our experience has been better. This is a fine place to stay. Attractive and large lobby with big easy chairs, fireplace and big screen TV. No surprise there is a baseball theme throughout the public areas. Room was well appointed and clean. Hallways wide and nice. Pool was closed but not a problem for us.

Next door is O'Hanlans Steak House where we had some great ribs, Hawg Wings which was a beefy rib selection with great sauce. We assumed we'd be splitting a big rack but instead they were fall off the bone with lots of meat but only three ribs. We split the meal anyway and did fine. A little pricey on the entree's but good food and right next door to the Best Western. McDonald's and Pizza Hut also across the parking lot.

• Liked — Location and roominess
  • Disliked — Could use a little paint attention on the front of the building but inside is nice.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2008

I arrived in Cooperstown late in the day without a reservation. My AAA guide gave this hotel a good rating, and it had a room available. I was too tired to do any comparison shopping.

The hotel is a few miles south of Cooperstown. It looks like it's trying to clean up, but still has a lot of work to do. I think the owners, if they are serious about it, should sit in the bathroom of each room or suite and experience what their clients experience.

In my case, this would be a lovely view of mildew in the grout and sealants; strange little rolled bits of t.p. in the crevice below the toilet tank (ew!); the rattle and roar of the loose vent/light in the ceiling; the sour smell of an a.c. in need of cleaning. I unplugged the loudly buzzing refrigerator. Although I propped its door open to let it air out, it smelled sour by the next evening, leaving me to wonder how many things had spoiled in it in the past.

Somebody downstairs or down the hall was smoking. I guess the management can't control guests who don't respect the policy, but they can control their response when it is mentioned to them.

I didn't feel entirely safe there -- don't know whether it was the drunk guy in the parking lot in front of the supermarket next door, the cop cars in the lot at the McDonald's there, or the safe (for my valuables) in the room. I considered trying to find a different hotel for my second night, but since it was only going to be one more night, I wasn't sure it would be worth the effort. Cooperstown in general just didn't seem like a hospitable place.

• Liked — My window faced east -- full sun in the morning
  • Disliked — Dirty, didn't feel entirely safe
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Houston, TX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2008

We went for just 1 night so we could go to the Hall of Fame. The minute we walked into our room (suite) we started struggling with whether we could stay or not. Just one look at the sagging beds started our worries. Going into the bathroom and having to hold the handle down for the toilet to flush continued our concern. No shower curtain present (they did remedy this). We were in a hurry to get downtown, so just didn't see many options. Otherwise, we would have probably tried to see if there were other hotels close that had openings. Got home, TV volume was not working properly on some of the channels and you had to lay down to see the TV since it was high up on a cabinet just by the ceiling. Blankets on the beds were similar to the type I had when I was a child....they looked old, too. Bed spread had stains on it as did the couch (sofabed). My kids had never seen a hotel quite this run down on the inside (the outside was being refurbished).

Breakfast was ok. Wouldn't advise drinking the milk. It was just in pitchers over by the window where the sun was coming in. Nothing keeping it cold. Poured me a glass and tried it...lukewarm....yuk.

No one asked how our stay was...just took our money and we said goodbye.....

Would not stay here again.......

• Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2008

Stayed at this hotel for a wedding in Cooperstown--picked because this was where most of the family stayed. Good room, clean comfortable. Basic breakfast, though they did run out of waffle batter and closed the doors promptly at the designated time---found that to be a bit annoying as most places I have been simply stop serving and start cleaning up rather than shut the door. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2008

We stayed at this hotel the weekend of 5-16-5/18. The people who worked there were courteous. The room was clean with plenty of room. It had all the amenities that were listed.
The refrigerator was larger than what I've had in other hotels. I liked the large size of the shower and the bath towels. The breakfast was plentiful with a large selection to choose from, including Belgium waffles that you make yourself, cereal, egg patties(that's what they called them and they were good)biscuits,sausage gravy,fruit, oatmeal,toast. They were still bringing out more food close to the time breakfast ended.
It was close enough to the Hall of Fame and there was a little strip mall next door with a restaurant(I think it was called O'Hanlons and it was good, and there was a supermarket. I would definitely stay there again if I was in that part of NY.

• Liked — Full breakfast included, clean rooms, ammenities
  • Disliked — The sink outside the bathroom
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Cooperstown Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!