“Excellent for Families with Young Kids!” 5 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Hartwick
GreenLeadersSilver level
Brooklyn, New York
“Excellent for Families with Young Kids!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Family of five (kids 7, 3, 1) stayed over Thanksgiving weekend. Staff is fantastic, front desk manager upgraded us to a junior suite as we were frequent traveler members. Cleaning staff is fast and friendly. Pool and exercise room were barely used and we had the place to ourselves. The ladies at the breakfast buffet were quite sweet and made sure everything stayed clean and tidy. Food was better than what I was expecting, and they even changed it up a bit from day to day. Quite ample parking. There was even a small playground on the grounds. For the money I thought the value was great. Would definately stay there again and recommend to friends!

Room Tip: Join Priority Club before you go and ask for upgrade on arrival.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

This hotel needs some major updating. The rugs in the rooms need to be steam cleaned or replaced . The refrigerator froze everything regardless of the setting. The towels were not very soft. Some of the " hot" food at the breakfast buffet were cold. The pool and hot tub areas were in desperate need of a through cleaning and paint job. Teenagers were permitted to run around through the hotels king noise and others were in the pool soaking the room all the way to the wk does then getting in the hot tub and bring loud and obnoxious.

• Stayed November 2012
Coventry, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

My husband and I stayed here while visiting the Baseball Hall of Fame. The hotel was about a ten minute ride to downtown Cooperstown, where the BHOF is located. There is a McDonalds within walking distance but that's about it. There are good restaurants in less than a five minute drive. The staff was friendly and helpful. The room and bathroom were both clean. We took advantage of the pool and hot tub a couple of times. The area is small but there was no one in there either time we went. The pool area was clean. We didn't use the gym. It was smaller but got the job done and was clean. The rooms were quiet and we slept comfortably. If you sign up for the FREE customer loyalty program (I'm not sure exactly what it's called there), you get a nice welcome bag with two waters, pretzels, a minibag of candy, etc.. I would definitely recommend this hotel when visiting Cooperstown or the BHOF.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

In comparison to the aging motels of downtown Cooperstown, this is a welcomed mecca about four miles outside of town. I am a Priority Club member and have stayed at roughly 10 different HIE over the past year or so for both business and pleasure.....this being a pleasure trip. All have both positives and negatives which I'll be listing here.

The staff was pretty friendly overall and welcoming, albeit a bit young especially in the breakfast room. I don't know if I'm in the wrong here or not but after breakfast I was wearing sandals and decided to prop my feet up on the couch while reading the newspaper. I was scolded for taking my sandals off and tucking my feet underneath me while on the couch to be comfortable, being told "you must wear shoes in the breakfast area at all times". Fine, I was trying to not get dirt on your couches and I wasn't in what I consider the "dining area". I would have never done that at a table, but I digress.....

Positives:

Pool and hot tub
Game room
Breakfast every morning as standard at all HIE
Faux marble in the bath tub, a nice touch
Fridge and microwave in our room
The fastest wireless internet Ive ever encountered in a hotel, not sure if I was lucky to be near the hub or what

Negatives:

Stained carpeting in the room
Exercise area is straight out of 1987, complete with a stationary bike that is at least 20 years old plus no weights or machines
Pancake machine never worked at breakfast
Forcing me to watch Fox News while attempting to enjoy breakfast, can you at least turn on REAL news?

So there you have it, three stars with the most disappointing part of the trip being the exercise area, what a letdown that was. It's an easy 5 minute drive to downtown Cooperstown and Redneck BBQ is a minute drive away (see my review for that!). I've been in better HIE with more modern amenities and less dirty carpeting but overall the stay was adequate.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Tarzana, Ca.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

The staff at this hotel is very helpful and friendly! The hotel itself is just ok. It's 4 miles from the Baseball Hall of Fame so the location is great. The room was a good size and seemed clean but the carpet could use cleaning. Unfortunately the mattress was just awful--it was like sleeping on springs! Thankfully we were only there one night or I would have had to change rooms or hotels! Breakfast was typical hotel but adequate and the coffee was good. I checked around before booking this one hotel. From what I could gather Cooperstown accomodations have a lot to be desired which is too bad because the Hall of Fame was a lot of fun and the town has some neat shops and restaurants.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

The hotel seemed to be very clean, which was a plus. I had a few minor problems, none of which reached the level where I wouldn't return to this hotel. I did mention to them that the door of the room I was in literally had to be pushed open with force because of a faulty lock that just barely would open when you turned the handle. It was just a bit misaligned but got irritating when I was carrying things and I did mention it to the front desk for future reference. Also of note was that the fridge was completely switched off inside when I arrived and it took about 6-8 hours for it to get to the proper temperature. Not sure if that is the default state to save power or if it was just the previous guest who did that. The people working at the front desk were very friendly and the Baseball Hall of Fame was only a short drive from here, which was great. This hotel was also conveniently located within walking distance of a McDonalds, Pizza Hut and grocery store (with a Tim Horton's coffee stand). So, overall I rate it as an unspectacular but still decent place to stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Middletown, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

The hotel was a good location to Main Street Cooperstown. The staff was helpful on telling us the resturants in the area and where to park in Cooperstown. The complimentary breakfast was very good. I would recommend this hotel if you are going to Cooperstown.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Express Cooperstown? Share your experiences!