“lovely refuge after a long day of travel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Capra Inn Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hancock
Capra Inn Motel
You added Capra Inn Motel to your Saves list
521 W Main St, Hancock, NY 13783   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Hancock
Wilmington
“lovely refuge after a long day of travel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

My daughter was part of camp Lohikan staff counselor, we were helping her drivie out to the Lake Como area, from Illinois. after hours and hours of driving we finally reached Hancock New york and were exhausted. We were lucky enough to get a room at the Capra Inn, what a relief to find kind office staff, and a clean, lovely room. along with our room was free movie passes to the theatre right next door to our room, That was a special treat for our children. The office staff helped us with directions, and in July were traveling that way once again, needed a room, they were booked, but took my number just incase, they called me with an available room 5 miles away in a different motel. I so appreciiated this courtesy.. I always like to applaud when I find people in business who go out of their way for their customers.. SO BIG HIGH 5 for Capra Inn. big thumbs up.. you made a difference in our travels thank you

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Fairfax, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

As other reviewers have noted, this is a small town, so tailor your expectations accordingly. We stayed here for one night while dropping off my daughter at a local sleepaway camp. The Capra Inn is a very, very basic motel. One huge plus was that the room was extremely clean. Also, the front desk person and the cleaning staff were very friendly. They gave us 3 free tickets to the movie theater next door ($18 value). Our room had its own air conditioning unit, which kept the room cool but somehow it was still quite humid. We got a double queen room and the cost was $125. If my daughter decides to go back to camp, I think next summer we will try the Hancock House down the street. I didn't see a room there, but from the looks of the lobby, it appears a step up from the Capra. Although the double queen room is $20 more than the Capra, it includes a free breakfast.

Oakland, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

This is where we haved stayed for camp visitng day for the past 2 summers and I plan on staying next year as well. It is very clean, a/c works well. Very pleasant people working there.

Room Tip: All the rooms seem to be exactly the same.
Long Island, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

While visiting our daughter at Frenchwoods camp last summer, we had the good fortune to stay at The Capra Inn Motel. The people there are friendly and very accommodating. The motel is only 15 minutes from camp, but the reasons why we will continue to return each summer are the A/C, comfortable beds and clean rooms. Our daughter preforms in shows throughout the summer and there are 3 visiting day weekends so we spend a lot of time in Hancock during the summer. What a pleasure to be able to return time and time again to such a clean, comfortable and friendly motel. A good nights sleep is important when you are walking around camp all day and into the evening so knowing that we have a comfortable place to stay is very important to us. The managers and staff at the Capra Inn Motel make it a PLEASURE to return to. We can't wait to see everyone again this summer at the Capra Inn

Room Tip: Book early!!! Great ice cream shop near by!!
Malverne, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2011

I've been staying at the Capra Inn Motel for @ 10 years now on and off for hunting trips and family vacations. The people are very friendly, the rooms are clean and reasonably priced.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Hartsdale, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2011

I stayed here when Route 17/86 iced over like a skating rink and I was too frightened to continue on my way to NYC. The owner answered my ring at 10:30 at night and graciously welcomed me. The room was very nice- two queen-sized beds, user-operated heat, refrig and microwave (although I could not for the life of me figure out the microwave!), and nice sized bathroom. Couldn't have been more comfortable. I left the next morning before the office was opened, but left a note and called later to let them know the key was in the room and to thank her. SHE called me later to make sure I got home ok!!!! Nice accommodations - nicer people - Stay HERE!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
Haddonfield, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2011

To say Hancock, NY is a sleepy little town is an understatement. There are no big hotel chains with featherbeds and chocolate chip cookies anywhere even close...so don't bother looking. I have stayed in this motel several years now.....and it is in a great location for French Woods visiting days, is clean, affordable and the staff is warm and professional. I have stayed at a few other small properties/cabins up there and some are nice too (and some are GROSS)....but I paid waaaaaay more money for them and many require a 3 day minimum...and this fits the bill just fine. Book early...like 11 months in advance if you are going for camp visiting days. There is a town diner down the street and/or a McDonalds across the street. A CVS pharmacy is also right there so you can grab some toiletries. The room has a mini fridge if you want to stow away some sodas, etc. Bring your own hairdryer too. I don't hesitate to recommend this place. Just keep your expectations in check....this is a SMALL town. Movie theatre next door is a plus.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Capra Inn Motel? Share your experiences!