“it was amazing” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Colonial Shores Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hampton Bays
Colonial Shores Resort
83 West Tiana Road, Hampton Bays, NY 11946   |
Ranked #5 of 11 hotels in Hampton Bays
howard beach
“it was amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2010

My husband, kids, and I went to Colonial Shores the last two weeks of August. It was very beautiful and we had a great time, the staff was wonderful and assisted our every need, the pool was perfect for my young children because it wasn't too deep. We had room service and clean towels/sheets whenever needed. The bay was breath taking and they had boats you can rent out as well as aqua-cycles which were free of charge, the kids loved it. The environment was very clean and safe we felt like we were at home. The cottage had brand new furniture, the rooms were freshly painted, and every room had central air. I recommend this motel to anyone traveling solo ,friends, family, what ever it is. The prices are reasonable and you'll have a blast! I already made reservation for this summer the kids can't wait.

26 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2009

Colonial Shores is the perfect spot to go. Its located in the Hamptons! Right by the beaches and on the bay. We had barbeques every night with free grills and beautiful picnic area in the back of our suite. The rooms were very clean and had maid service every day. We loved going fishing on the boat we rented it was such a pretty site! Colonial Shores is very close to town GREAT food and shopping areas! I am looking foward to coming back next summer!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
ecass03
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2009

My family and I have been staying at Colonial shores for many yaers. The rooms are immaculate, and you can eat off the floor. the service is supior. colonial shores is a family owned and operated business and their #1 objective is to make your stay fabulous. My family and I will continue to go to Colonial Shores for many years. It is the best kept secret in the Hamptons. The pool is crystal clear, and the grills and picnic areas are cleaned every night The landscaping is spectacular and the view of the bay is breathtaking. This family takes great pride in their property. Colonial Shores is #1 and I highly highly recommend it.

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2009

I was there for five days with my daugher, her husband and their two boys who are 19 and 21. We had a great time, rented one of their boats, caught fish, dug for clams, swam in the pool. The place is beautiful and well kept up. We go just about every year and haven't been dissapointed yet
PS I also used their free internet .

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2009

My family and I have been coming here for over 10 years and we all love it! I have two little children and a teenager. Its great , close to the water and nice pool, and very friendly staff. LOVE it!!!
its also close to incredible shopping, FOOD, and beaches.

ny
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2008

This place surprized me. The water view was beautiful. My room was just redone all new and the staff was both kind and helpful.
I would go back if ever in the area. It was a very nice stay.

• Liked — nice room and view
  • Disliked — small
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Mclean, VA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2007

We just stayed at Colonial Shores over the weekend of 5/11/2007. Do not stay here, it is the pits. It is old and broken down.

The motel has 5 cottages that lead to the bay and a building that houses 7 to 10 "suites".

The "suite" we had was a 2 bedroom suite.

- The front window was cracked and half the glass was missing. Nice appeal as you walk in.

- The kitchen was old, probably from the 60's. The sink was rusting.

- The carpet was old and torn and ripped. It smelled moldy and like mildew.

- The pillows look like they had been there for 10 years. There were not enough blankets in the room.

- The toilet seat was broken and not attached correctly. You rocked as you attempted to do your business.

- The fan in the bathroom did not work and there was no window.

- No one cleaned the rooms between nights.

- The building was by the garbage dumpster which was filled with garbage for the whole weekend, from friday to sunday when we left. It smelled like rotten crab/fish while sitting on the porch of the
"suite".

- The person that checked us in did not know what to do, no one seemed to be around. There was cottages that no one was staying in but this room was the BEST THEY COULD OFFER. There were only 4 families in the whole motel.

What a dump.

• Liked — It was close to Hampton Bays
  • Disliked — The room was moldy and smelled like mildew.
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Colonial Shores Resort? Share your experiences!