“Comfortable and quiet by the bay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Colonial Shores Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hampton Bays
Colonial Shores Resort
Save Saved
You added Colonial Shores Resort to your Saves list
83 West Tiana Road, Hampton Bays, NY 11946   |
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Hampton Bays
St. Paul, MN
“Comfortable and quiet by the bay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

My friend and I stayed three nights in a motel unit by the water. (Cabins also available on a tree-lined drive to the bay.) Our reservation was made three months before and we received confirmation by mail. The morning we arrived Mia left us a voicemail in anticipation of our arrival. Check-in was a breeze. We had a room with two queen beds, updated bath, flat screen TV, microwave and small frig. Comfortable and clean with plenty of room for two people. Only thing missing was a bedside lamp. We had a view of the bay for fantastic sunsets and at night all we heard were crickets. Very pleasant surroundings. Manicured lawn with picnic tables and BBQs. Bayside patio had adirondack chairs, dining table and chairs and fire pit. Great location for day trips to both the North and South Forks. We would recommend Colonial Shores to our friends!

Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

Not sure why my experience was so different, but I didn't enjoy staying here at all. I booked a room many months in advance, but upon my evening arrival, the door to reception was locked. We stood outside for close to ten minutes before someone finally opened the door. The girl was unable to find our reservation, which was unnerving. She put me on the phone with someone and I was told to wait five minutes until the office manager came back. We waited some more - in the parking lot, because the girl had told us to wait until the woman got back (still didn't know who I was waiting for at this point, I presumed the owner?) and closed the door. When the woman/owner arrived, she was able to eventually find a record of my deposit, but it was clear that they had forgotten about it. Thankfully there was a room available, although it was not the room we had booked - this was a room with two Queen beds, and we had booked a King. The room itself was a clean suite in the main house. But the furnishings were very dated, the room was very dark (very little natural light and few lamps), the bathroom door didn't fit the door jam and had to be pried open or shoved closed. Not great but I could live with these things. But the air conditioning was the worst part. It was LOUD. Every time it came on, it sounded like gale-force winds during a blizzard outside. It literally woke us up throughout the night as it cycled on and off. Since it was August, tuning it off was obviously not an option, so it drove us nuts. We only stayed for two nights, so it didn't seem worth it to ask about changing rooms, especially since they had lost our reservation to begin with so who knows where they could have even placed us. When we checked out, the door to reception was locked again, and when the woman answered the door, she let me hand her the key and let me know that I was all squared away. Didn't ask whether we enjoyed our stay or anything, just had me hand her the keys and that's it.
Overall, it wasn't totally awful because it was a clean place to lay your head at night, but given that there are a lot of nice places to stay in the Hamptons and even this middle-of-the-road establishment is certainly not cheap during the peak summer season, I was not impressed - neither by the room itself nor by the hospitality. Next time I'm out in the Hamptons, I'll spend a little bit more to stay elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Spanish Fort, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

What a pleasant surprise. I never expect much when I have to book a vacation rental at the last minute, especially in the Hamptons, but this little property far exceeded our expectations. Very nice, clean room, beautiful pool, with easy access to the center of Hampton Bays town. We will back again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights & cant wait to come again before the summer ends! I came here with my family & it was perfect for us. From the cottage to the suites, everything was beautiful. It was clean & the service was great. The pool was amazing, very clean! The area was quiet & the staff were so friendly. Very happy with the place, would definitely recommend.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
charlotte, nc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

Stayed here two nights this week. No complaints. Very clean, comfortable, well maintained. Nice location on the water. Friendly staff. Would recommend.

Room Tip: Probably would be a good place to bring younger children.