“Our Home away from home.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bowen's by the Bays

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hampton Bays
Bowen's by the Bays
177 West Montauk Highway, Hampton Bays, NY 11946   |
Ranked #2 of 11 hotels in Hampton Bays
New York
“Our Home away from home.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

This is the 6th year in a row we have visited Bowens. It is perfect for us. The cottage is very clean and the beds are very comfortable. My dog and two cats get their own treat from Eileen and Kevin and my husband and I get a very nice bag with snacks and bottled water.It is great to sit by the pool and read, or to sit by the pond and watch the fish. They are close to great restaurants and the beach. We hope to visit ever year as long as we are able. Eileen and Kevin and their staff go to great lengths to make your stay enjoyable. Edie M

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

111 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

I have visited BOWENS BY THE BAYS prior to this year and have never been disapointed. KEVIN AND EILEEN are very willing to accommodate your every need.Our room was nicely decorated with a cowboy theme and was very clean and comfortable. The grounds were beautifully landscaped with flowers everywhere! The pool was a gem as well as the play gym and sandbox for the kids.We also got a chance to enjoy the tennis court. The beach was only 3 miles away and there were plenty of restaurants to choose from in the area. We will definitely be back!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Bowen's by the Bay was perfect! I went for Labor Day weekend and we were allowed to bring out dogs and got little care packages for them and everything. We had a little cottage and it was so clean and private. It had all the comforts of home! I couldn't have picked a better place to stay. I would definitely recommend it to anyone and I definitely plan on returning next summer! Thanks so much!

Nancy

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Pelham Manor, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

I am trying to think of all the different ways to describe how grateful I am to have found Bowen's. I happened upon it when calling last minute to see if anyone had a cancellation on the last Friday in August. When Kevin answered and said you are in luck I took a quick look at Tripadvisor and said sold. I had no clue the treat we were in for when we arrived. Bowen's is perfect in just about every way. The hospitality and attention to detail is evident everywhere you look. The grounds, pool, tennis court, room are all well maintained and perfectly laid out. The flowers are also beautiful and you could see the care that goes into them. Kevin and Eileen go out of their way to make you feel appreciated and welcome. Upon arriving we received a welcome bag with water and treats, the little lobby had games to borrow and Kevin answered every question I had about where to eat and what to do. When I opened the door to our room I was very impressed. The place was totally spotless and very nicely decorated. The bathroom had been updated but it wasn't the run of the mill surface update; it was fully renovated with quality stone tile from floor to ceiling and good fixtures. The detail was even evident as they give you a basket filled with clean rags to use for odd jobs and shining shoes. My only gripe if you can call it a gripe was the bed and pillows were not comfortable for either of us. It was just a little to firm and the pillows could be a little better. But honestly I have stayed in some high end hotels for $500 a night and had bad beds and some run of the mill $50 a night hotels and had great beds. So when I say gripe I am really reaching but the mattress could be better.

I will be going back to Bowen's and recommending it to friends. Its perfect for a couple and/or a family or large group. You won't be disappointed and will be hard pressed to find better. I only wish I could have stayed longer.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

I have visited Bowens for the past 6 years (minus last year). Last year I decided to take a trip with my Golden, Abigail to Maine. I lasted 2 days! The differences in how places are operated is amazing. I learned a valuable lesson. When you find the best, don’t try to improve. Kevin and Eileen love their jobs and everything is spotless. A visit even with a dog to South Hampton is well worth the trip. The cottages are spotless and smell clean upon arrival. Eileen is the kind of person who does not miss a detail. A welcome bag of goodies, water, snacks, and in my case a dog treat for Abigail. They run an impressive operation to say the least. So, that long winded story does have a moral, when you have found the best don’t change. There are so many things to do there, and I feel right at home. Highly recommended. Great family place. I would like to take my grandson next year.

Room Tip: can't go wrong
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
BronxvilleNY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

Annabelle, my pug dog and I have just returned from 3 lovely, peaceful, private (our own charming cottage) days spent at Eileen and Kevin's "Bowens" by the Bay! Lovely bright happy flowers surround the grounds, love is truly in every detail and Eileen and Kevin are splendid hosts, helpful, friendly and accommodating in every way. Annabelle and I have found our "perfect" home away from home. "Kudos" Bowens, you are truly one of a kind!

Room Tip: Dogs are welcomed in the cottages. I was thrilled.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Westbury, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

Myself and my best friends always do a mother and daughters weekend every year and we had such a great time ! The cottages and the rooms are very clean, the pool was great and crystal clear , our girls who are 10,11 and 13 want to come back next year!!! So do the moms! The owners of Bowen's are such wonderful, friendley and very welcoming people!!! Thank you again for such a great weekend!! We Hope to be back next year!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Bowen's by the Bays? Share your experiences!