We were there for 4 days and 3 nights to celebrate my 40th birthday. We had a one bedroom suite 119 which is facing the swimming pool and the bay. I feel its a little expensive since the rooms are extremely small. There's a jacuzzi in the bathroom but the kitchen and living room is the size of the bathroom. There were 5 of us. Two todllers and three adults. We use the king size bed in the bedroom for two adults and two toddlers. The single pull out couch in the living room was very uncomfortable and when you pull it out, it take most of the room of the living room. It wasn't a comfortable setting. It almost feel like it should've been a studio but they added a wall between the bedroom and the living room. Swimming pool has bugs and the children's play area is full of bugs and spiders....it doesn't look like it has been cleaned for a long time. The frig was not plugged in until we arrived and took a long time to cool off. We had to keep baby's milk we bought from home cold. It was odd since we were told that we can not check in earlier than 11 because they have to clean the room so it would be odd for them to unplug the frig eventhough someone was staying there. I did enjoy the outside deck. It has a nice view of the pool and the bay. You can see the at night. Its nice and peaceful at night. There's mini breakfast with coffee and muffins in the morning. We made breakfast and dinners during our stay. Do bring your own paper towels as they don't supply them. Make sure you get a room that has view of the swimming pool and the bay. There are a long stretch of rooms with limited view.
The owner, Penny, was very helpful and even let us use her bay front beach. There's a swing and some benches to relax but the beach is full of rocks so you can't really do much there with the kids. We enjoyed the beach nearby (2 minutes driving) with the toddlers (2 and 3 years old). It has literally no waves and a nice restaurant on site. The kids had a blast. We took couple trips to Montauk but there was a lot of traffice even on weekdays. I wouldn't recommend staying here if you want to go to Montauk (took us 2 hours to get back one day)
One thing I would like to point out is to make sure that you are firm about your reservation. If you have an emergency or want to cancel your reservation, you must do so before 14 days or else you will loose it all. It was not very clear on the website and it will only come up when you are ready to book the reservation. You will loose your money if you want to leave one day early too.
We had a wonderful stay and would recommend the place for family with kids since it has a nice beach without waves nearby. I do miss staying at our favortie motel in Montauk since its more spacious.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Across the road from Shinnecock Bay, our location is just minutes from Southampton Village. We have spacious grounds with picnic tables and barbecue grills, a playground of swings and slides and a sandbox by our private beach for the children. Our accommodations feature air-conditioning and heating, wall to wall carpeting, private bath with all amenities including hair dryer, refrigerator, in room coffee, flat screen cable TV and free wifi. Our deluxe efficiencies are fully equipped. Our suites have full kitchens. Some suites have a Jacuzzi and/or fireplace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Venere, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Ocean View Terrace Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean View Terrace Hotel Hampton Bays
- Ocean View Terrace Motel Hampton Bays, NY - Hamptons