“Great owners” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mediterranean, Café
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great owners”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

I always look forward to visiting Aroma Cafe..... Asnat, she just is wonderful. She is so hospitable and makes the best of everything she makes in her small kitchen. Of course Simon her hubby gets in there to and helps it's so sweet to see this lovely couple work together. I am a bit prejudice, they are from Los Angeles like myself. Oh, and I love the touch of chocolate she gives to all after you have eaten her delicious food...she is the BEST!!! Oh and I just bought a beautiful painting by a local artist, now I want another...I will be back really soon.

xo Lauree'

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Bath, New York
“Best and freshest Middle Eastern food outside of NYC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

I stopped in this art gallery/restaurant on a whim. So glad I did. The food is all freshly prepared on site when you order it and it's incredible. The made from scratch falafel with tahini sauce are the best I've tasted in years. What impressed me the most, aside from the freshness and taste, was the variety of unusual menu items. The Purple Health salad and the Middle Eastern salad were wonderful with fresh herbs and unique vegetable combinations. Unlike most vegetarian and health food restaurants I've eaten at, the portions here are very large. I ordered a small Purple salad because it sounded so unusual. When the lovely owner brought it to my table, I thought she made a mistake and made a large. I can't imagine what a large portion would be like! Don't expect to run in and grab a bite in a few minutes. The food and pastries (to die for) are all freshly prepared, so enjoy the art in and outside of the restaurant and enjoy actually relaxing while you eat in this amazing establishment. I highly, highly recommend it.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Finger Lakes
“Unexpected Israeli food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

If you are in Hammondsport, this is a great place for lunch. Don't be in a hurry, as it takes time, but the food is surprisingly good...and there are usually treats offered by the owner as well. Only negative....the art is dreadful.

Visited May 2014
Campbell, New York
“Wonderful Late Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

After a day of ice fishing we were looking for a place to warm up and have a bit to eat. While we live in the area we have never eaten here.

I had a wonderful lunch of Lental Soup in a sour dough bread bowl. The owner also brought out a couple of fried falafel balls that were very tasty. It was very nice to find a place like this in small town USA.

I would recommend that everyone try this restaurant. We will be back.

Bath
“Excellent, fresh made food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

My second visit, since the first one was a good experience. I had the falafel which was made fresh to order, so little bit of a wait, but enjoyed a nice relaxing cup of tea and a browse of the local art while I waited. Very much worth the wait. It was delicious, stuffed in a soft pita, topped with tahini and a fresh mix of veggies. My taste buds were smiling! Will definitely make this a place to go when I have visitors, or just when I need a treat!

• Visited October 2013