“Great food, great service.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 20 Restaurants in Hammondsport
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Seafood, Oyster Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Pelican's Net is a casual friendly place where people enjoy succulent seafood,steaks, BBQ, and a variety of popular soups & sandwiches in a "coastal Crab shack" atmosphere. We want you to return time and again, so we operate with that in mind by providing creative chef's features with reasonable portions at fair prices with quality in all we do. Graze on icy chilled shrimp, snack on great Calabash style fried seafoods, steamed clams, or tangy BBQ, munch a crisp fresh salad, savor a chef prepared soup or chowder, or "anchor two hands around a sandwich or burger. For an extra treat, feast on a bountiful "seafood steam pot" or "incredible Premium Choice Certified Black Angus Steak". Good food is out credo when it comes to carry-out.
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
“Great food, great service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

I would highly recommend dinner at the Pelican's Net. From the soup to the hush puppies to the entree everything was abolsutely delicious. We also foind the service to be knowledgible and friendly. We found it to be an outstanding experience!

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Springfield, Virginia
“Great food with a large variety of seafood selections in Hammondsport, NY.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

As you're approaching Hammondsport on Route 54, you could easily pass by this restaurant, but don't, the food is just too good! I was up from northern Virginia for the weekend and wanted to get a good sitdown meal before the long drive back. The pub fish fry was delicious and the portion was very generous. Looking at the decor, I felt like I could have been in a clam/seafood shack on the Eastern shore. One might expect a small menu with limited selections, being far from Md., 200 plus miles from the ocean, but as I mentioned, the menu is robust: with calabash style shrimp, scallops; Po Boy sandwiches, Maine lobster, blackened catfish, coconut shrimp, the list goes on with seafood favorties up and down the Eastern seaboard. For non seafood appetites, there's plenty of good selections too. The owner's were very friendly and came to our table to check how we liked the food. We chatted for several minutes and found out that they were open year round. I stopped purely by chance, but the next time I am in the fingerlakes, I will make sure to stop by with my family. I have four kids who love seafood and easily found four to five menu selections each one of them would love to have for dinner. Thanks for a great dinner. I'll definately will be back!

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bay Village, Ohio
“Great seafood experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

My husband and I stay in the Hammondsport area frequently and decided to try the Pelican's Net. The fish fry was excellent, seafood bisque was good as well as the clam chowder and loved the coleslaw, and I'm picky about the slaw. The fish was the size of a whale tail as Sue described it. Not overcooked. The breading was just right. They even had Great Lakes Brewing Co beer from our area of Cleveland, OH and the beer was fresh! We liked it so much we went back the next night and I had the bacon burger, cooked to perfection! My husband had a barbecue pork sandwich which was OK. He thought it was a little dry. Fries were nice and crunchy. Will go back. The owners and the servers were very friendly and the night we were there, they were working their you know what off. It was busy but the service was perfect. They seemed like they would do anything to make your visit there enjoyable.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Typical diner food for lunch”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Limited choices for lunch under $10. Haddock was prepared OK, and my request for broiled not fried was accommodated no problem. I would not return as we entered on a beautiful sunny breezy day, there was a nasty-moldy-old tobacco-yuck smell that was so bad I had to go outside until food was served. Frankly was surprised after all the positive ratings to find it so mediocre.

Visited September 2013
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Little gem of Hammondsport”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

It was a chance visit. My wife and friends were road tripping on the way to Finger lakes when we came across Pelican's Net. It was time for our overnight stop, just past 9pm.. and time for a late dinner. It was a simple choice between franchise Pizza or the Pelican's!
Called Pelican's to find if they were open. Mark (co-owner) was really warm and welcoming, and was kind enough offer to wait for us although it was closing time.
When we arrived, Mark and his twin brother (sorry I forget name!) were very hospitable and welcoming, the place has their personal touch. We thoroughly enjoyed their food and local wine recommendations.
The Pelican's was highlight of our trip. Highly recommended!
PS: Don't forget to visit Glenn Curtiss Museum nearby of the American aviator and innovator, if you like airplanes or motorcycles.

• Visited June 2013