“Back for more!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Day Dreams Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hammondsport
Day Dreams Bed & Breakfast
13 Lake Street, Hammondsport, NY 14840   |
Gaithersburg, Maryland, United States
“Back for more!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

We returned for another long weekend. Though the weather didn't cooperate fully, we were pampered and treated like long lost family - again !
Love the location, the beds, the breakfasts made to order and the front porch - not to mention Christine and Roberta.
This is a wonderful place - and the reviewer who said 'less' must be used to such high end accommodations that she is not able to appreciate this lovely bed and breakfast.

• Stayed September 2013
daydreamsbb, Owner at Day Dreams Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
We are so glad you have enjoyed the times you have spent with us; and we look forward to seeing you each and every time. Thank you so much for writing us a review. We appreciate each one that our guests take the time to write and can't express that enough. We hope to see you all next season.

46 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

My husband and I celebrated our wedding anniversary in Hammondsport last weekend and had a superb experience at Day Dreams. Christine is a wonderful host. The rooms are the cleaniest I've ever stayed in. The breakfast was out of this world. The secret recipe pastry served before your made to order breakfast is absolutely insane. I want the recipe Christine!!

I was absolutely astonished to read the review from Enjoying_Life27. It couldn't be farther from the truth. Our stay was so memorable and I can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Day-Barber room which is the only room with an in suite bathroom but all of the oth...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review; they are so important to our business. We are so glad that you chose to spend your anniversary with us and that we were able to be a part of making it memorable. We hope to see you again.
Eagleville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

We stayed at Day Dreams for three days late August after dropping our son off at RIT. The inn is immaculately kept and beautifully decorated. Christine, Jackie, and Chris' Mom were very friendly and welcoming. They had lots of tips on places to eat and what to see in the area. Chris recommended a "passport" booklet of coupons that local businesses and wineries had put together, which proved to be a great deal. We stayed in the Hunter Room, which was large with a very comfortable king size bed and a sitting area. We had been skeptical when we booked that the bathroom was down the hall, but this proved to be no problem. Note that the bath was a private bath for our use only, not a shared bath like at some B&Bs. Breakfasts were basically what I would make at home if I had time, nothing too special but tasty. Chris' homemade fruit dishes were the best! We've been to other B&Bs that had "gourmet" breakfasts that were sometimes just too rich for our taste, so our breakfasts here were fine with us. One of the best things about a B&B is meeting and talking to the other guests at breakfast. We were encouraged to linger in the dining room and chat over coffee as long as we liked, and we enjoyed some very interesting conversation. The location of the inn was great, within walking distance of the town center and lake front. Overall, we would definitely stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for the wonderful review. We were so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that everything met or exceeded your expectations. We hope to see you again when you get back to this area.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

My husband and I stayed last weekend and enjoyed every minute there. The rooms are lovely, the beds so comfortable and the bathrooms very clean as well as the whole house. The breakfasts were delicious and made to your order. The owners are so friendly and so accommodating. We had no complaints and hope to get back next year.

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. They are very helpful for our future guests. We are glad you enjoyed everything about your stay and hope to see you next season.
Washington, NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

My husband and I arrived to a warm welcome. We were offered assistance with our bags. Day Dreams B & B is impeccably clean!! I was very impressed by the cleanliness, it looked as if we arrived on opening day.

I have to say I am most disappointed in the 35 prior, now 36 reviewers who neglected to point out some very obvious items that would be important to someone deciding whether to stay here or not.

The first thing I noticed is that although the bedrooms have a window air-conditioner, that works well, the hallways and bathrooms have NO air-conditioning. I find this most uncomfortable. The bedrooms are located on the second floor, we all know heat rises. There are no open windows to allow any cross ventilation, so the second floor halls and bathrooms remain hot. I for one do not enjoy taking a nice refreshing shower in an already hot bathroom. And, since the bathrooms are located down the hall, you have to hurry back to your room for air-conditioning. I can't imagine how uncomfortable it to be if you had to blow dry your hair in the bathroom heat!

Second point, the breakfast may be "made to order", which sounds nice, but what's offered is nothing more than I have had at any diner. Yes, Christine does start the breakfast with some type of homemade fruit and pastry dish (fresh fruit with cheese stuffed pastry, or fruit compote and the same pastry with cinnamon on top). She offers juice; oj, V8, or cranberry, her fruit dish, french toast, pancakes, omelets or eggs anyway you like, bacon, sausage, rye, wheat, or raisin bread. None of which is really anything "special". It's all okay, but nothing I've experienced at any other B & B I've stayed. If I sound like a snob, I apologize, I'm just trying to give the sincere, honest, factual review I wish someone else had given. The french toast is your basic french toast, pancakes the same. The omelet, I will say, was the lightest omelet ever, but it was just an omelet. She offers mushrooms, peppers, onions, tomatoes, and possibly something else to go in the omelets.

On the last morning there, I was in the steamy bathroom asking myself if I would have been happier staying in a nearby hotel, for much less money, and going out to breakfast where I'd be able to order any of what was on her menu, or maybe some homemade muffins/breads, or some luscious french toast topped apples, walnuts and raisins,topped with warmed sweet cinnamon cream cheese, or gourmet eggs benedict with portobello mushrooms, you get the picture.

Room Tip: I would have to recommend staying in the room with ensuite bathroom, this way you could try to air-c...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
daydreamsbb, Owner at Day Dreams Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
We were sorry to hear that your stay with us did not meet your expectations, as we strive to make sure our guests' stays are pleasurable ones. We welcome and are open to our guests' suggestions and requests and is why we always make ourselves available. This is also how our "cook-to-order" menu was created. After trying a more "gourmet" approach, with a cook's choice for the day, which was met with a large amount of wasted food, we started allowing guests to have their choice of what they would like to eat for breakfast. The menu is a reflection of the majority of people's choices and favorites.

In the future we will strive to ensure that our guests are aware that the windows in the bathrooms open, that there are exhaust fans in each bathroom, that the window at the end of the hall can also be opened for ventilation and that we offer and have portable fans available.

We welcome the opportunity to accommodate you on any future visits to our area.
Downingtown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Christine and Jackie greeted us on their front porch on the afternoon of our arrival. They were both so friendly and made us feel welcome and comfortable immediately. Jackie came out to our car to help us with our bags, Chris gave us dinner suggestions (Snug Harbor and Union Block, both excellent). We stayed in the Shaw room which was large and comfortable. Our bathroom was down the hall (brand new bathroom,) It was a little different not having an attached bath, but we knew ahead of time and still chose this room.The rooms are very clean, with high quality linens and robes! Breakfast in the morning was made-to-order with many choices! All served quickly, fresh and delicious. Day Dreams is one block (or less) from Depot Park which is a park, beach and dock right on Keuka Lake. So the location is great. Hammondsport is a wonderful small town to spend a weekend and Day Dreams B&B helped to make our visit perfect.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your wonderful review. We strive to make every guest's stay a pleasure. Whether here for one night or multiple nights, everyone is important to us and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your return trip.
Springfield, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We arrived a tad early for our stay at Day Dreams, opened the door and no one was home at the time. We knew the hostess was expecting us so we carried our luggage upstairs and proceeded to freshen up. Upon hearing a voice downstairs we then met Christine, the hostess/owner of Day Dreams. I think we surprised her a bit with our early arrival but Christine has charm, wit and knows how to make one feel right at home. She answered our questions and we had many. The bed and breakfast itself is appealing to the eye with the antiques filling the lovely home. The home is spotless, warm and inviting. I loved the early coffee while catching up on a few chapters while sitting in the three season room. We had the Day-Barber bedroom with our own private bathroom. Christine knows how to decorate this home. Very close to the town center and waterfront. Doesn't get any better than this......And thanks Jackie for Charlie's cold beer!

Room Tip: Any room in this bed and breakfast would be perfect.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
daydreamsbb, Owner at Day Dreams Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, as we strive to make everyone's stay pleasurable. Thank you for taking the time to write a review; each and every review is very important to our business. Look forward to seeing you on your next trip to our area.

Been to Day Dreams Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!