“Fabulous comfort food with super fresh ingredients” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 23 Restaurants in Hamilton
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Description: The Colgate Inn offers fine American cuisine in a relaxing atmosphere. No matter what you are in the mood for, the Colgate Inn has the atmosphere and fare to suit.
“Fabulous comfort food with super fresh ingredients”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Colgate Inn while visiting the university. We were truly amazed at the quality of the dinner and breakfast at the Inn. The ingredients were spectacularly fresh, the dishes well-prepared. I had the chicken pot pie cooked in a cast-iron skillet. It was the kind of simple, perfectly prepared comfort food to die for. My husband had a delectable salmon surrounded with an array of fresh vegetables also simply but perfectly prepared. This a first-rate restaurant. We
Can't wait to return.

Cheyenne, Wyoming
“Ithaca Beer Dinner SUCCESS”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I've eaten (and enjoyed) the Colgate Inn several times. I attended a beer pairing dinner and the food was incredible! We loved the seared rack of lamb and the pureed leeks that accompanied it were amazing!

Visited February 2013
Morrisville, New York, United States
“MUCH BETTER EXPERIENCE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I negatively reviewed this restaurant a few months ago and I immediately was contacted by the manager. He offered to have me back and wanted a second chance. He explained to me that there was a bunch of changes made and it was a new look and feel than I had previously experienced. I went back on a busy Sunday morning while Santa Claus was there for my kids. Now I must tell you that I have 5 children who are quite rambunctious. I did not tell them who I was as I wanted to see how the staff actually would treat a large family with such a chaotic table. The waitress was wonderful!! She took her time with each child and did not hurry them or get frustrated!! The food was was wonderful and the check was very reasonable!! I hope that the waitress gets recognized for her hard work an friendliness that day as she dealt with quite a many children. Thank you so much David!

Charleston, South Carolina
“Best Place in Town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Can''t imagine that there is anyplace better to eat in town or nearby. Lovely setting with generous portions of delicious comfort food. We particularly liked the menu which is perfect for a college town. The offerings had everything from buffalo wings to lobster which were all priced right. Had an enjoyable evening.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
NM USA
“Great college town Inn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

The restored Inn is a nice centerpiece to the revitalized center of Hamilton NY. It has been many years since we visited, and the entire area looks quite a bit better than we remembered. Moving the Colgate bookstore "downtown" was a big help. The Hamilton Farmers Market was very busy in the village green on the last weekend in October - a fun experience.
We had a lovely dinner in the Madison Room at the Inn; the sea bass was among the best I have ever had. We also had coffees on the patio the following day as we watched the activity at the Farmers market. Service was great. The atmosphere of a traditional college Inn was well captured in the renovation. The food deserves 5 stars.

• Visited October 2012