“Not bad--not great--but not bad” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Wendt University Inn

Wendt University Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hamilton
Wendt University Inn
You added Wendt University Inn to your Saves list
175 Utica Street, NY, Hamilton, NY 13346   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Hamilton
Michigan
“Not bad--not great--but not bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2010

We stayed here while visiting a school down the road. The location was good for us and the price was decent. The room was clean and the staff at the desk was pleasant. This wasn't a great place to stay but it wasn't bad for the price.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
chittenango
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2010

very interesting,but not sophisticated and the owner's attitude leaves a lot to be desired- will stay elsewhere!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
boston
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2009

When I arrived for my one night stay at the hotel I found that I had mistakenly been booked for two nights and would have to speak to the owner to make an adjustment. As it was on a weekend, I could not speak to him until after I left and when I reached him by phone he was most uncooperative. He eventually hung up on me and told me I was "blackballed" and could no longer stay at the hotel. In all my years of travel I have never encountered such an attitude from someone allegedly in business to serve the public. The only way such an individual can possibly survive in the hospitality business is through an extreme shortage of rooms in the area.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
Cleveland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2008

Called to set up a reservation four years ago for my sons graduation. They said I would be put on a list for his year and they would call for payment when rooms started to fill up. Never did, now they have a new manager who denies my name was on the list and I had never paid. He said he owned it for 3 years and that I could be upset if I wanted. Thanks jerk. After staying in your hotel a couple times every year to see my son play ball, I think you and the previous owner should be more gracious to a repeat visitor because that is the only place to stay in town.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — The owner
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Gorham, Maine
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2008

Stayed at the Inn for a buddies' wedding. Very nice place, new and modern, however it was a full-on Monet (Someone attractive from afar, but when you get close you see that said person is not as attractive as they appeared from a distance.) The walls are paper thin, the doors are all metal in metal frames and have no weather stripping, causung the doors to slam constantly. You cannot close the doors quietly. They obviously cheaped out on insulation for sound, I was awakened many times during my stay due to the next door's TV, and slamming doors. The 'free breakfast' is a joke as well.... donuts and stale coffee, OJ and bagels.

• Stayed September 2008
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Albany, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2007

Spent the weekend in Hamilton to visit Colgate. The other inn in town was full, so we stayed at the Wendt. It's clean and pleasant with helpful, friendly staff. Easy parking and travel to and from town (just a mile or so)... BUT, the walls are incredibly THIN; I could hear our neighbor snooring. Beds were comfortable and the room was very clean. Continental breakfast was yucky sweet muffins and toast/cereal, but it's included and would do in a pinch, I guess. Not a lot of good food choices in Hamilton. The Colgate Inn has a very good restaurant.
It's a beautiful area and Colgate's campus is lovely. Too bad there aren't many hotel choices in close proximity.

• Liked — friendly staff
  • Disliked — thin walls
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2007

If you are visiting Colgate Univ and want a place to stay, I recommend this. Convenient location, plenty of parking, good price, very clean room, high speed internet, cable (incl HBO, YES, SNY), and the desk staff is pleasant. Climate control works and is quiet. Only very minor complaint was no plastic laundry bags.

Stayed May 2007

Been to Wendt University Inn? Share your experiences!