“Good value and property for provided room at the price-point” 4 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Buffalo - Hamburg
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5370 Camp Road, Hamburg, NY 14075   |
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Hamburg
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Good value and property for provided room at the price-point”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Recently stayed a few evenings at this property. It is very good value for the amount charged for your room. The property has decent enough rooms, bedding-linens, and easy-access local off thhe Interstate 90. We stayed with two puppies and they were kindly welcomed. It is recommended that you ask for a property not on the side of the Interstate (it WAS quite loud). Also you will need to bring along a blow-dryer (the only 'essential' one/we would have expected at any rate of a hotel). Staff were decent enough, and diligent in their professional endeavors. Would highly recommend this property especially for price-point.

Room Tip: Ask for room opposite to Interstate 90, and toward rear of hotel property.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dan G, Manager at Red Roof Inn Buffalo - Hamburg, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear USStanTheMan:

Thank you for taking time from your schedule to review our property. We appreciate your comments regarding the hotel staff's level of service, price vs. value relationship, our pet-friendly policy, guestroom cleanliness and condition, which we believe are critical and distinguishing features that set our property apart from the competition and generate loyalty to the Red Roof Inn brand. I will be sure to pass along your positive comments to the rest of the Team! We look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Buffalo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

As a frequent guest of the Red Roof Chain, I have found them generally relatively consistent. However, there are exceptions, and the Red Roof Inn, Hamburg, NY is certainly one that excels. The rooms are always clean and well maintained, which is always a plus, but what really sets this Inn apart from the rest is the staff. I always check in at night with either Cori or Candice and both could not do a better job. Always friendly, helpful, and efficient, they more than meet the expectations of the frequent business traveler. I have watched them register other guests and they all receive the same friendly, helpful, and efficient service. For those travelling to Western New York, I highly recommend this facility as being exceptional.

Dear Wickedmotion:

Thank you for taking time from your schedule to review our property. We appreciate your comments regarding the hotel staff's level of service, guestroom cleanliness and condition, which we believe are critical and distinguishing features that set our property apart from the competition and generate loyalty to the Red Roof Inn brand. I will be sure to pass along your positive comments to Ms. Cori and Ms. Candice, as well as the rest of the Team! We look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to the area.
Clinton Corners, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I have had the opportunity to deal with 3 different front desk staff employees. Their names are Cori, Candice, & Tina, they have been extremely helpful in getting me the same room everytime. My husband has cancer with special needs and we appreciate them making special arrangments for us as we stay here alot.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dan G, Manager at Red Roof Inn Buffalo - Hamburg, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Amy C:

Thank you for taking time from your schedule to review our property. We appreciate your comments regarding the hotel staff's level of service, which we believe is a critical and distinguishing feature that sets our property apart from the competition and generates loyalty to the Red Roof Inn brand. I will be sure to pass along your positive comments to Ms. Tina, Ms. Cori and Ms. Candice, as well as the rest of the Team! We look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to the area.
McKean, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Not all Red Roof Inns are as good as this one. Everyone helps you anyway you ask. Tina, Beckie, Missy & Krissy just couldn't have done their jobs any better. Check in & out a breeze, the room immaculate & special request pleasantly fulfilled. Now the Red Roof in York, PA sucks. They could learn a lesson from the fine folks at the Hamburg, NY Red Roof for sure!!! Thanx gang...business trips can be stressful but knowing that this property always takes care of me makes my trip just that much more pleasurable!!!

Bernard A. Feltz

Room Tip: Always get the Superior King
Dear Mr. Feltz:

Thank you for taking time from your schedule to review our property. We appreciate your comments regarding the hotel staff's level of service, guestroom cleanliness and ease of fulfilling special requests, which we believe are critical and distinguishing features that set our property apart from the competition and generate loyalty to the Red Roof Inn brand. I will be sure to pass along your positive comments to Ms. Tina, Ms. Beckie, Ms. Krissie and Ms. Missy as well as the rest of the Team! We look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to the area.
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Stayed here on a Friday night and got such a good price that I was skeptical about this place but as I had a wonderful experience at another Red Rood Inn in Erie a few months ago I went ahead with the booking. The evening we drove in this Inn there was a blizzard. Took a few trips up and down the street as we could not see the hotel driveway which was behind a pub. Due to the blizzard a few motorist had pulled over for the night and check in took over 30 mts. As we had pre paid for our room well in advance, we got a key to to our room which was in bldg 2 as the whole hotel was sold out due to the storm. The rooms looked great but the goodness was only in the looks. You could not control the heat the way you liked. Tap had a mind of its own. Turn hot water and cold water would come and suddenly change to hot again. Taking a shower was a challenge. The area next to the washroom stuck so badly that we avoided going there. Beds were not of good quality. Other then a flat screen TV there was a safe in the room for which you have to pay. No fridge or coffee machine. Also noise from your neighbors was loud due to thin wall. This place was no where close to the Red Roof Inn we had stayed in Erie a few months ago. On top of that there was no internet service. I had brought my laptop and printer with me as I had some work to get done but due to no internet it was a waste of my evening. When I called reception I was informed that due to the weather the internet was down. Tried again in the morning but same issues. If you have extra $$$ to spend and not on a tight budget, avoid this place.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dan G, Manager at Red Roof Inn Buffalo - Hamburg, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear ScarboroughMirror:

Thank you for taking time from your schedule to review our property. We appreciate your comments regarding the overall condition of the Inn and in-room amenties, which we believe are critical and distinguishing features that set our property apart from the competition and generate loyalty to the Red Roof Inn brand. I will be sure to pass along your comments to the rest of the Team. In that our property received a renovation in June, 2012 which included all new, Red Roof Inn Standard beds/bedding, your comments relative to the bedding quality are perplexing. However, I realize this topic can be very subjective in terms of each guest's preference. In regards to the in-room heating and water temperature issues you experienced, please accept my sincerest apologies for our shortcoming, as our goal is to meet our guest's expectations. Feel free to contact me directly via e-mail (i0055@redroof.com) or telephone (716) 648-7222 so that I can obtain the specific room number you occuppied and make the necessary repairs. As you noted on your review, we experienced some difficult weather conditions during your visit, which affected our WIFI system. Please know that our system has been fully restored as of the time of this response.

Thanks again for your time and consideration and should your travel plans bring you back to our area in the future, feel free to contact me directly to make arrangements, as we would appreciate another opportunity to host you.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

I am doing this review specially f or the woman at the front desk, her name is Cory, she was so nice and overall very helpful , and a great attitude if more people wert like here it be great she could of worked in a dump and she alone would have made it ok

• Stayed February 2013
Dan G, Manager at Red Roof Inn Buffalo - Hamburg, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear barterb:

Thank you for taking time from your schedule to review our property. We appreciate your comments regarding the hotel staff's level of service, which we believe is a critical, distinguishing feature that sets our property apart from the competition and generates loyalty to the Red Roof Inn brand. I will be sure to pass along your positive comments to Ms. Cori and the rest of the Team! We look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to the area.
Penfield, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

My review would be higher if our 'Surperior King' room had a working refrigerator sometime during our 3 night stay. We were in town for the dog show held at the Fairgrounds, and appreciate that Red Roof is very pet friendly.

It was very unfortunate that with several promises of a replacement/working refrigerator, we never received the 'new' refrigerator that was promised. The woman at the desk, Candace(I believe) was very appreciative of the frustration I was experiencing, and did what she could. But the maintainence staff definitely was lacking in their service. Our bill was adjusted slightly, due to the inconvenience, but I would rather have had the working refrigerator.

I also find it interesting that I receive e-mails from other Red Roof Inns looking for reviews, but did not receive one after this stay in Hamburg NY. Will I stay again, yes, but before bringing anything into the room I will check to see if the fridge is working!

Room Tip: The poor service rating is due strictly to the lack of quality of the maintainence support. The fron...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Dan G, Manager at Red Roof Inn Buffalo - Hamburg, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear Dog_Show_Traverler_13:

Thank you for taking the time to complete an on-line review of our property. I sincerely appreciate your constructive comments regarding your recent stay at the Red Roof Inn Buffalo - Hamburg. I was pleased to see that our pet-friendly facility met your needs during your recent travels. In regards to your other comments, please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience you encountered relative to the in-room refrigerator, as we clearly we failed to meet your expectations.

I will make sure to share your comments with the rest of our team, especially the Maintenance staff to ensure we are providing the appropriate service to our guests. In reviewing the staff's efforts relative to your complaint, multiple attempts were made to try and meet your needs including replacing the unit and replacing the compressor kit in the second unit. In checking on the unit after your departure, it was noted that the unit was working up to capacity. I was pleased to read that our Front Desk staff was involved in trying to make amends for the issue by offering an adjustment to your bill via Red Roof Inn's Hassle Free Gaurantee policy. In regards to your comments about not receiving a follow-up e-mail upon your departure, please note that all guest accounts that included an e-mail address receive an e-mail notification soliciting feedback. In reviewing your account, there is, in fact an e-mail address. You may want to take a moment and check all incoming e-mail folders, including the junk/spam folders. Again, we appreciate feedback from our guests, as we strive to continuously improve our property and the quality of our services.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and we hope to have another opportunity to serve you in the near future.

Been to Red Roof Inn Buffalo - Hamburg? Share your experiences!