“Enjoyed Dinner For 2 At WaterStone Grill” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Niagara Falls, New York
“Enjoyed Dinner For 2 At WaterStone Grill”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

My wife and I visited the WaterStone Grill in Hamburg Sunday night with 2 other couples. We had seen their 5 Course Dinner for 2 special for $45 and were interested it. We got there and informed our most capable server that each couple was going to choose that so she took our wine orders. Each dinner for 2 comes with a bottle of wine: Chardonnay, White Zinfandel or Cabernet Sauvignon. Then we had 4-5 appetizers to choose from, 1 per couple to share. We all chose the Spinach Artichoke Dip with Pita crisps. These came out and were were quite pleased. Nice creamy dip with plenty of cheese, and artichokes, The pita crisps were just the right size and nicely toasted. There was plenty for the 2 of us. (No one left any that's for sure!) Next up was soup or salad. My wife and I chose the Chicken Wing Chowder which was nice and creamy, served in a big bowl, piping hot. Iit was very good and plenty filling with a little spicy heat to it. YUM! The people who got salads must've have enjoyed them but I was enjoying the chowder too much to pay attention. Our server brought out a couple of baskets of nice warm bread and butter which we devoured and she cheerfully brought out more.
Four of us ordered the Filet Medallions with Baked Potato and Vegetable; 2 Medium rare, 2 medium well. These came cooked accurately and were very tasty and tender. The baked potato was very large and the vegetables were a mix of different veggies cooked nicely. Butter and sour cream was served with the dinners.
The other dinners were the Shrimp Linguine with Asparagus and the Pork Chop Marsala. These both looked excellent and were devoured.
Dessert was a slice of cheesecake with strawberries on top and around with whip cream. I'm not a big cheesecake eater, but I did share some and it was good. Another choice of dessert and I might have eaten more!
I didn't really look at their regular menu but did see the big screen TV showing some tempting menu items such as Steak, and Calamari as well as specials and brunch. The staff was very friendly and it was a very enjoyable evening. We sat by the fireplace whcih is a very cozy place to be in these coming winter months.

“Would recommend ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

First we didn't make reservation and even thought they were pretty booked they still gave us a table in about 20 min. I loved that also service was great they came and check on us a few time food was delicious would recommend to everyone...

Buffalo, New York
“What a value!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

8 of my friends and I visited the Waterstone recently, and we were pleasantly surprised at the choices on the menu. We were even more thrilled when we saw the special, which, I believe is only good Monday-Thursday. It was for a dinner for two for $45. It includes a bottle of wine, (a full bottle, not a single-serving size) an appetizer to share, choice of cup of soup or salad, choice of around 6 entrees, and a piece of cheesecake with strawberries to share. My friend and I both ordered the salmon, which came with a dill sauce and was grilled to perfection. The portion was full-sized, and not smaller like some restaurants do for a two-fer special. It came with a vegetable medley and rice pilaf. Others in the group ordered filet medallions, and pronounced them outstanding. We enjoyed ourselves so much that we are going back next month, which is something we NEVER do twice in a row. By the way, our server was wonderful and very attentive. The place was decorated to the nines for fall, and I can't wait to see what it will look like for Christmas!

Falconer, New York
“Great dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

We celebrated our 30th anniversary by selecting a restaurant that we never went to. We live relatively far from Hamburg to go just for dinner, but the reviews, menu and website made the Waterstone our choice. My husband and I got dressed in nice clothes, suit coat, tie, and I wore a nice skirt and sweater. So we were expecting to be dressed appropriately for the information we read about the restaurant. Well we were over dressed. It was a nice restaurant, but the majority of the customers were dressed in jeans and sweatshirts. The food was very good. The prices were a little high for what we got. Grilled scallops for $23.00!! There were only four on the plate. Our waitress was wonderful, she was very attentive. We would definitely go again, maybe for a burger on the way home from a day of Christmas shopping.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Mastic Beach, New York
“Nice quiet dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

While on business stop at waters tone grill. First was a very friendly people the service was very good.i ordered the rib eye steak and it was delicious. I definitely recommend this restaurant a good family atmosphere.