“Good place to stay for a bills game” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Hamburg
Toronto, Canada
“Good place to stay for a bills game”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

The only thing bad about this place was the food in the bar areA I'm still sick from food poisoning it ruined the bills game for me I could eat or drink but other wise I thought the hotel was clean and perfect for the bills.

• Stayed September 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

The bad: Slightly tired, a little grubby in the corners, the sketchiest WFi I've ever experienced (no signal then decent signal, then decent signal but with a connection error) and no wired Internet in the rooms. Since I picked the place on parking and free Internet this isn't good

The good: comfortable bed and the best shower head/pressure I've had in a week in the US to date

Bottom line is that it is cautiously recommended on the basis it's cheap

Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
rochester
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

I rate it average as that's what my impression was. Though a little dark and dreary and used looking it was definitely livable and I would stay again. The breakfast was good. The staff though not rude did not display an outwardly friendly attitude which could have made the mood a little nicer. A little work and this could be a nice hotel.

Room Tip: No scenery here so no need for a special room.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
ny
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

there is no elevator ask for 1st floor if you have any trouble carrying luggage up stairs. The room looked liked it had been recently redone and was clean and comfortable.Free breakfast was adequate, room was quiet

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

I am handicapped. I arrived at the hotel and found out that there was no elevator. I checked in first while my wife parked. I left her a key at the desk. The clerk hastled her, was rude and didn't want to give her the key!

They booked me into a 2nd floor room at the opposite end of the building. My wife and I came struggling in with baggage. The desk clerk didn't offer to even help with the door. He watched us put our things on a luggage cart and sat on his hands. We didn't warn us that we would have to push the cart 100 yards and then carry the luggage up the stairs. He might have at least suggested we drive down to the end and uload at the rear door.

Unless you are a marathon runner in top trim, or can get a ground floor room near the front desk, avoid this place at all cost. It is way to expensive for what it is. Any Motel 6 is better where you can park right in front of your room. Terrible, terrible service.

Room Tip: Ask for a ground floor room near the front desk
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
ALBION
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

Handicapped room was clean, but had a few faults. Too small and crowded. Too much furniture and the bed was so high, had to use a stool to get into. The bathroom didn't have a place to put toiletries. Had to place them on handicapped chair in the bathroom where staff had put shampoo and conditioner.

Staff was wonderful, especially Connie. Very helpful with all our concerns. She even offered to remove the desk and chair to make more room for my scooter.

I believe that a disabled person should be consulted when setting up a room in any hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

We booked a room here at the last minute and from the reviews weren't expecting much. But it was inexpensive and they had a room for us, so we took it.

Check-in went smoothly enough but the karoake bar off the hotel lobby doesn't make the best first impression. As we brought our stuff in I experienced full-out dread because the music and singing were SO loud. It had been a long day, and we knew the next day would be long as well, and I really wanted to sleep. I was just sure that racket would be audible in the rooms and it would be 2:00 in the morning before it was quiet enough to doze off ...

I'm happy to say I was WRONG. Once in our room we could no longer heard the bar area. WONDERFULLY quiet.

The room was very clean and modern enough. It also had a coffee maker which is a plus in my mind. The bed was comfortable, the tv worked fine, we had plenty of hot water for showers .... we were golden. I must note there seemed to be an issue with the wireless; we both had a difficult time getting and then staying online for any length of time.

Continental breakfast is included in the cost of your room, but it's over at 9:00 so don't dilly-dally like we did or you'll miss it. I can't tell you what they offer because it was all cleaned up when we went downstairs.

There was a gentleman in the 2nd room on the right as you head down the sleeping room hallway who'd apparently had a very difficult time getting hot water for a shower, He was yelling over the phone at someone about the lack of hot water.

If you just need a room for a night or two and don't want to spend a fortune, try this Quality Inn. We will stay here again if we're in the area.

Room Tip: The further away from the lobby, the quieter the room. If you worry about noice
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!