“"Thin crust for me"” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Pizza
Albany, New York
“"Thin crust for me"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Thin crust pizza is the way to go, and this place has the best. Their daily lunch specials are also a quick, tasty pick up if you are in a hurry. I only wish they delivered.

Visited February 2013

100% Recommend
Albany, NY
“Among the Best Pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Marisa's Place in Guilderland, NY is an award winning pizza place that occupies a small store front. It has easily become our favorite. They do an excellent take out business, but that does not mean you should miss an opportunity to eat in. The staff will be sure to take care of you. Marisa's is more than simply pizza, and I encourage you to explore the menu.

Marisa's has two or three tables up front, but these are often used by customers waiting for pick up. In the back there are five or six other tables and although the room is narrow the place is comfortable. My dinner companion and I each ordered tossed salads that were as good as you can get anywhere and probably better than most. The small salads we ordered were the the size that some other places call large. Dressing was served on the side in real "dressing boats" so it was easy to control how much we applied.

Our Marisa's Deluxe Pizza was excellent. It was loaded with toppings. The sauce was just right. And the crust... well... excellent!

They toss the pizza crust by hand and you can watch them do it. Everything tastes home made, and the aroma when you walk in the door brings back all the good memories. Everyone in the place is friendly and it sure looks like they are having fun.

I've been to a lot of pizza places across the country. Here in the Albany area there are quite a few good ones. But Marisa's Place is really and truly one of the best. We have visited several times in the past to both eat in and take out. I know we will visit again, and you should, too.

• Visited February 2013