“Relaxation, outstanding food, superior hospitality.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Benn Conger Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Groton
Benn Conger Inn
You added Benn Conger Inn to your Saves list
206 W. Cortland Street, Groton, NY 13073   |
Ranked #1 of 5 Groton B&B and Inns
Pittsford, New York
“Relaxation, outstanding food, superior hospitality.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2010

We stayed in absolutely charming room in the adjacent cottage. Spacious, tastefully decorated with a large balcony overlooking an immaculately kept property. The room also had a beautiful whirlpool equipped bathroom. The king sized bed was very firm and provided a great night's sleep.
We ate dinner in the recently redecorated main dining room in the Inn. We started with an extrordinary grilled artichoke appetizer, followed by prime rib for me, and twin petite filets for Susie. Each was prepared perfectly. The filets came with garlic mashed potatoes and I had roasted red russets that were prepared perfectly and served piping hot. The buttered baby carrots were served crisp but not underdone. A fabulous meal for two at 2/3rd's of the price for a meal for one the night before in NYC, and this was better on all counts.
The next morning our hosts accommodated our desire to lounge leisurely in the room, but providing our breakfast in the room, and it was great. I don't know if they could do that on a busier day, but it was an indication to me that they will go out of their way to anything reasonable to accommodate the needs of their guests.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2010

I had the pleasure of staying at Benn Conger Inn on the weekend of August 21st 2010. I was in Groton NY for a friends wedding. On this particular weekend everywhere was booked due to other weddings and Cornell’s returning students but by the grace of God a friend told me about Benn Conger. I had the pleasure of staying in the blue room. The blue room is a place of serenity and solace, the color adds a mellow mood, the Bed is extremely comfortable, the shower is roomy & personal and the windows are wide enough to allow you a beautiful vision of the scenery surrounding the Inn. The service is awesome, the staff is professional and pleasant and I didn’t feel like I was staying at an Inn but rather at a good friend’s home. I definitely would recommend the Inn and if I have an opportunity to visit Groton I would definitely take advantage of this Inn again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Malibu
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2010

Whether it's a weekend getaway or an event such as a wedding or family reunion, The Benn Conger Inn is a must if you're traveling in the Finger Lakes Region of New York.

Peter and Doug, the owners of the Inn were so gracious and hospitable. They're like family now, as they treat their guests as if they've known them forever! They took the time to give us a tour of the beautiful rooms of the Inn and the picturesque grounds (a perfect setting for an event or just a weekend getaway to recharge and renew). Their knowledge of the history of the Inn (built in the early 1900's) and the wonderful stories of visitors past, made the experience even more memorable than staying in a typical, chain hotel.

I had the most restful sleep I've ever had in a hotel and awoke to a beautiful display and large selection of scrumptious and freshly made breakfast foods every morning. Peter, Doug, and their very friendly staff went above and beyond to make our stay exceptional. They think of everything and are so incredibly kind and fun! We especially enjoyed the intimate setting of the Inn's quaint bar , the vast selection of exceptional wines, and great conversation with guests and a few locals who had wonderful stories to share about the Inn and the area. We didn't want to leave the Inn and had dinner all three nights of our stay there! We truly look forward to our next visit! I highly recommend The Benn Conger Inn!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Roslyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2010

We stayed at the inn last week when bringing our daughter back to school. Our room (The Peach room) was clean and lovely with a balcony and jacuzzi and very comfortable bed. The owners (Doug and Peter) were warm and friendly and eager to please. We enjoyed the included breakfasts, but did not have the opportunity to have dinner there. Would definitely stay again on our next trip to the area. A great find!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2010

I attended a family wedding at the Benn Conger and was pleasantly surprised by the elegant B & B. The restoration of this lovely old home is excellent, and there is also a victorian cottage next door that has been restored. The restaurant served good meals and the guys who run it are warm and engaging people. I would visit this area again and would definitely stay at the Benn Conger if I had the opportunity again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
shepherdstown, WV
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2010

Went up for a family wedding and the B&B was a find. Beautiful old mansion. Had a wonderful stay. The innkeepers went out of their way making sure my large extended family was comfortable. Though the wedding wasn't held at the B&B, it makes a beautiful setting for one. A huge plus to have a restaurant in the premises. Four stars in my book.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Pittsford, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2010

My wife and I had our wedding reception at the Benn Conger Inn in 1995, but I had never spent the night there as we went to a different B&B for privacy. The BCI was owned by a different couple back then and we have wonderful memories of that special night.

We finally had a chance to celebrate our 15-year anniversary and decided to return to the Benn Conger Inn for the first time since that night and have dinner and spend the night. It was well worth it! The food was delicious, and the innkeepers, Doug and Peter (no relation to the previous owners), were very warm and accommodating.

We stayed in the main house in a large, quiet, and comfortable room (I think they call it the Congress Suite, or something similar). We got a wonderful night's sleep with nothing to interfere with our stay.

Breakfast was just a typical continental breakfast with some good pastries, fruit, cereal, etc., but Peter offered to make eggs for us and came out with excellent scrambled eggs. I had plenty to eat as we geared up to spend the day in Ithaca.

Overall, we had a very pleasant and enjoyable stay. If you want a quiet and romantic stay, then we highly recommend having dinner and spending the night at the Benn Conger Inn.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Benn Conger Inn? Share your experiences!