“May Be Old, But We Return Every Year” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sound View Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Greenport
Sound View Inn
You added Sound View Inn to your Saves list
58855 Route 48, Greenport, NY 11944   |
Special Price
25% off room rate
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Greenport
A TripAdvisor Member
“May Be Old, But We Return Every Year”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2004

I am in agreement with most all of your reviewers (except those who have run into rude help), but can honestly say that for the money, Sound View is the best deal on the North Fork. The rooms may be in need of a makeover, but it's a beach motel.....not the Ritz. While a makeover would be nice, it wouldn't keep us from going back. We have been staying at Sound View for the past 5 years both summer (week) and fall (weekend) and always look forward to going back again. The family (sisters) who are usually at the front desk have always been very pleasant and the housekeeping staff pleasant as well. Perhaps your reviewers just got them on bad days.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2004

I love the sound view i am going to stay there tommorrow for like 5 days and i cant wait im just waiting for it! I went there when i was 7 it is wonderful, my favorite part is the beach, the pool is great, and sound view is only about 20 minutes away from splish splash where i am going to go to while my mom relaxes :) , the resturant is wonderful, when i was 7 me and my mom sat right on the beach and watched the sunset together, I will never forget that, I love it and always will no matter how many stupid rude comments i hear
THE GREENPORT SOUND VIEW IS GREAT GO THERE !

San Francisco, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2004

For the second year in a row, we spent nearly two weeks at the Sound View Inn this summer and loved it. It is very kid-friendly, clean and the staff is great. The beach was right outside our room and we had friends with kids who all joined us on our deck for meals. We played tennis (only complaint--only two of the four courts had nets), went swimming in the LI sound, fishing and rock collecting. The beaches are pebbly (as most North Fork beaches are), but beautiful. Lots of good skipping rocks and incredible sunsets. We can't wait to go back there next summer!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2004

We just returned from our stay at the Soundview. Last year I posted my first review and I have to say that things have improved since last year. The rooms now have hair dryers in the bathrooms, an iron and ironing board and a clock radio/ alarm clock.
The situation with the sheets that some people have stated has been resolved. I have been going every year with the kids and have never experienced having a room with no toilet seat. That's unheard of.
The room staff as always did a great job every day cleaning and putting out clean towels. It actually amazes me how fast they get it done. The pool as always is a pleasure as is the fishing on the beach.
My kids and I always get disappointed when it's time to leave and we look forward to our visit next year. We'll definately be back, as usual!

1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2004

I stayed at the Sound View Inn with friends last year, and we have vowed that we will NEVER visit again. The rooms look like they haven't been updated since the 1970s, my room had a musty smell, the blankets had cigarette burns and the towels were thin and worn. The staff (especially the front desk) was extremely nasty. Despite staying at the Sound View Inn in August, the air conditioner didn't work properly, and we fell asleep not to the sound of waves crashing against the shore, but the sound of tractor trailers speeding past the busy road in front of the hotel at all hours of the night. Definitely not worth the price we paid ... you're MUCH better off staying at a B&B in the area.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2004

This is the most romantic place there is on the east end of Long Island. I spent a long weekend in one of the suites, talk about beautiful room. The view of the sunseting over the water was so beautiful. The girls in the office are very helpful and the cleaning staff is so accomidating. Then there is the restraunt, the food is to die for there. We will defintley be back a couple more times this season. Well I must say everything could not have been better.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2004

I had such a wonderful and relaxing time at the Sound View Inn. This was my first experience and surely not my last. The rooms were perfect, the bathroom was clean and almost looked like new, the view is breathtaking and they even give you patio chairs for the balcony. The staff was so nice and personable. I had a great time and I woul recommend the Sound View to all of my friends. See you soon!

Been to Sound View Inn? Share your experiences!