I recently returned from staying here, and liked the hotel so much that I booked another night. The hotel is perfect for those who do not want to use their car or have a car. You get off the Hampton Jitney or LIRR, and the hotel is a few minutes walk, which is right in town, and within walking distance to stores and restaurants. The rooms overlook the harbor with beautiful views of the water and boats. The room itself was large and very clean, and the bed was comfortable. The bathroom is modern and beautiful, and the shower is large with six water faucets to massage your entire body. I already miss it. Plenty of big fluffy towels are provided, as well as excellent personal items, such as body lotion and hair care products, and two beautiful clean bathrobes hung in the closet. The staff is pleasant and helpful. The outdoor pool was refreshing and clean, especially on hot days.
The only cons were the air conditioning which was a little noisy, however, I had my windows open and welcomed the fresh air from the harbor and hardly used air conditioning. Also I did not care for the muffins or pastries that were served with breakfast. Perhaps fresh croissants from Anton's, a few doors away, would have been better. But fresh bagels are delivered every morning.
All in all, I most definitely will return, without a doubt.
- Also Known As:
- Harborfront Inn At Greenport Hotel Greenport
- Harborfront Inn At Greenport Hotel
- Harborfront Hotel Greenport
- Greenport Harborfront Hotel
- Harborfront Inn At Greenport NY - Long Island
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Harborfront Inn, located in the heart of the historic seaside Village of Greenport, where luxury and comfort meet North Fork’s unique rural culture. The Harborfront Inn is steps away from dining, shopping, and historic attractions. World-class wineries, ferries to Connecticut and The Hamptons, and the Tanger Outlet in Riverhead (with over 165 brand-name stores) are only a short drive away. Be able to get away while enjoying top amenities and still being in the middle of it all. ... more less