“Absolutely magnificent!!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Greenport
The Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast
912 Main Street, Greenport, NY 11944   |
Ranked #2 of 8 Greenport B&B and Inns
NY
“Absolutely magnificent!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

This inn was the most lovely inn we have ever stayed in. Everything about it was simply perfect. The rooms were spotless and beautiful. Renate and Klause were the most hospitable innkeepers. I felt like I knew them for years. Breakfast was magnificent and deelish!! It truly was a perfect weekend. Can't wait to go back

• Stayed July 2013

177 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Klaus and Renate have created the most welcoming bed and breakfast I have come across, and I've seen B&B's on three continents. Let's start with the most amazing breakfast you will have - gourmet - and better than a five star hotel can ever hope to serve up. The atmosphere is one of home. You may even think you're staying inside a catalog of tasteful and collected artifacts, carefully curated over a long period of time. The rooms are romantic and warm. The garden and porch say: sit down and read the Times. Staying here means coming back. Thank you Klaus and Renate for setting the bar this high.

Room Tip: All three rooms are terrific (ask for the largest one if you want the king size bed).
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Tolland, CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

If you want to pamper yourself, book a stay at The Morning Glory Bed and Breakfast. There is a reason they are rated #1 in B&B’s and inns in Greenport, NY by Trip Advisor and I’m happy to add to the list of excellent reviews. Renate and Klaus keep the refurbished historic property in top notch condition, serve the most delectable breakfasts imaginable (the apple pancake with hot berry sauce was worth two helpings) and are gracious hosts providing lots of suggestions for things to do (in addition to the abundance of winery offerings). I could go on but would be repeating many of the same comments from other reviewers.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

We came back again for a weekend and brought friends this time. All of us were extremely impressed with the B & B. The rooms are clean and well maintained. The breakfast was very good. The inn keepers are polite and respectful. We sat outside on the porch amidst the flowers after breakfast before touring the wineries.

We will come back again next year.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Long Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

My wife and I stayed at The Morning Glory for our wedding anniversary in June. Right from my warm and friendly phone conversations with Renata prior to visiting, I knew I would be in for a very pleasant stay. Simply put, this Bed & Breakfast could not possibly be more beautiful. The decor, the room, the grounds...everything was spectacular. Not just a feast for the eyes, but the bed might take the top prize as the most comfortable I've ever slept on and the breakfast in the morning was absolutely delicious. You will not be disappointed. Thanks again to Renata and Klaus for their helpful assistance and for a relaxing night away.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

The Morning Glory is absolutely amazing as advertised. We were here for three nights for our four-year wedding anniversary and from the beginning Renate and Klaus have been the most gracious hosts you could find anywhere.

It's not just the ambiance of the house (we stayed in and loved the Live With Passion room) or the absolutely delicious breakfasts (homemade Challah French Toast with blueberry sauce and sausage, apple crisp pancakes with homemade croissants) that makes The Morning Glory special. It's little things like Renate's perfect suggestions for beaches and wineries, Klaus lending us his beach chairs for our lunchtime picnics, and their overall hospitality and kindness that makes this one of the most memorable and peaceful vacations of our lives.

Also, the back yard was landscaped perfectly and was one of the most serene settings we could ask for during the pre-breakfast morning hours.

Lastly, we loved the touch of our room having a journal for us to share our thoughts, so if you stay in Room 2 you'll see what we wrote.

And we definitely WILL be back!

• Stayed July 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Renate and Klaus are the amazing team behind this perfect B&B. We could not have asked for a better honeymoon location. My husband and I had just gotten married on June 27 and booked with Morning Glory for our mini-honeymoon. Stayed from Friday June 28 to Monday July 1. Even before we arrived, coordinating the details and getting the whole thing set-up was a breeze. Working with Renate was so pleasant and she gave us great recommendations on where to stop on our drive up. As soon as we arrived, the entire house still smelled like french toast which was apparently the breakfast for that day... it smelled amazing.. She showed us to our room and got us settled in. The room was immaculate! We stayed in Room #2 with the claw foot tub. The bed was so comfortable and fluffy. The A/C in the room worked really well along with the fan. The TV was really tiny but that was fine since we weren't really there to watch TV.
I kept telling my husband that one day, when we finally move out of the city and buy our house, I wanted it to look like the Morning Glory. They both have such great taste!
It was overall an amazing experience. Breakfast, as all the reviews have testified to, is awesome. I hadn't had real bacon in years and my first morning there, I woke up to the smell of crispy fried bacon that apparently, Renate and Klaus drive to a faraway butcher shop in Long Island just to get. I can go on and on about the breakfasts but it would take awhile. My favorite was the dutch apple pancake with her berry coulis. SO GOOD. They were both so helpful during our stay on where we should go, what we should do, and when we got home after our adventures, Renate would be there excited to hear all about it! Being away from my family, it was nice to be able to share our day like that - it felt really comforting and made our stay that much more special. Oh, almost forgot to mention that Renate has baked goods out in the dining room ALL THE TIME -24/7. If you have a sweet tooth like i do, you will love this! Also wanted to note that the proximity to town allows you to walk for about 10-15 mins to get to where the restaurants, the harbor, the bars and shops are so its not too bad, although we never walked the road at night, everything seemed very safe. I really can't write enough about our experience, it would probably take up an entire page. We had so much fun building our first memories there as a married couple and can't wait to go back and see them again!

Room Tip: Room # 2 - claw foot tub! Bring bubble bath and other bath items :)
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!