“Very pretty special occasion restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 54 Restaurants in Greenport
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Pasta, Oyster Bar
Good for: Outdoor seating, Scenic view
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Porto Bello features Northern Italian Style Fare with weekly specials that venture into more Contemporary American Dishes. Signature dishes of our Dinner menu include the Stuffed Veal chop and Pan Seared Chicken over Creamy Spinach Risotto drizzled with a Parmesan Cream Sauce, while our Lunch menu offer a delicious Lobster BLT, Fresh Ceviche, Cold Seafood Platter and a $12 Burger! Porto Bello offers a beautiful stone patio over looking Stirling Harbor on the tip of Brewers Stirling Harbor Yacht Yard and is now serving Lunch Friday-Sunday and Dinner seven days a week (In Season).
“Very pretty special occasion restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

Took my husband there for his birthday last week. Very pretty restaurant, outstanding view of sterling harbor. My husband ordered the rack of lamb...he said it was excellent. Lean, but juicy and perfectly cooked. I however had the stuffed veal chop....not so good. The proccuito was fatty and chewy. So chewy I could not break it down and had to actually put it into my napkin. The rest of the bites followed suit. Stay away from this dish, at $40.00 a plate the lamb was the far better choice. Pasta with tomato sauce was run of the mil. Vegetables ho hum. Service was polite, but could use some polishing. Would I go back? Probably....but next time for the rack of lamb.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

New York City
“Loved this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

The food simple but very good Italian food. The owner, Diana is absolutely lovely. She visited our table and made sure we were enjoying our dinner selections.

Visited July 2012
Killingworth, Connecticut
“Pretty good Italian with a beautiful view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

This is our second time visiting Porto Bello. This restaurant has a nice atmosphere and overlooks the water at the Brewers marina. We were there mid week so didn't need a reservation, but I imagine they are quite busy on a weekend. We had rigatoni based dishes this last time that tasted good, although my husband thought his bolognese needed a bit more meat. I had linguini with clams on the first vist that were excellent and I wish I had ordered that instead this last time.

Amityville, New York
“Viva Italiano!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

We made our reservation a week in advance on Memorial Day weekend and it was a good thing;the entire town was hopping. The reservation was handled professionally, we were greeted by a friendly hostess who was dealing with a party of 8 that just thought that they could walk in. Really? Anyway, we were seated right by the window with a beautiful view of Sterling harbor. Service was prompt and efficient eventhough the room was packed. The shrimp scampi over linguine was awesome, cooked perfectly and delicious. Ravioli was excellent and tasteful. Overall, a very nice meal for a reasonable price. With drinks and apps, $95. Well worth the trip. Thank You to the owners for providing Greenport regulars with a place to love.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Fabulous”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012 via mobile

My husband took me to my favorite restaurant,which happens to be Port Bello,for mother's day.We were greeted by the owner who is very sweet.She wanted to sit us near a window but their wasn't a table available,but seated so we would have the best waitor there.First we started with a pommergranate martini,which was perfect,never had one better it tasted like it was made with fresh squeezed pommergranate.Then we shared the portobello mushroom,and tomatoe and fresh mozzarella,both were delicious.I had a soft shell crab,over angel hair pasta,and my husband had lobster with asparagus in a tomatoe cream sauce,both were excellent.We have been dining here for a very long time,always treated like family.The food is always hot and very well put together.We will return soon.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere