Positive notes: Room was very clean, staff extremely nice and helpful, convenient to town, continental breakfast was good (weekends only). Pool was clean and well maintained. Good water pressure and plenty of hot water.
Not-so-great notes: the mattress is nearly on the floor - cheap furniture that was probably purchased at the local Target - toiletries were "odd" (shampoo but no conditioner - no bath soap). No ice maker (you get ice from a beer cooler). Windows look into the parking lot or onto a chained link fence. Had to hold the lever down on the toilet or it didn't completely flush. Decor is as PLAIN as it gets!
When you make a reservation, you get a strange email that has instructions to fax in a confirmation. Without the fax, your reservation is NOT complete. Weird (who has a fax machine? What is this for?). The email says two different things about payment. First, it says that you will be charged in full upon confirmation of your reservation. Later in the same email, it says that a 25% deposit will be charged upon confirmation and the balance will be charged two weeks prior to arrival. Neither is accurate. I was charged the 25% deposit but the balance was not charged until I checked in.
Cancellation policy is very rigid with high penalties (in some cases 100% is still charged).
Overall, once I arrived in town and walked around, I saw several quaint B&B's that looked very charming. I wished I had investigated those further prior to committing with the Greenporter.
- Also Known As:
- Greenporter Hotel Greenport
- Greenporter Hotel
- The Greenporter Hotel Greenport, NY - Long Island
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Greenporter Hotel is an alternative for travelers who want an alternative to traditional B&Bs. It is a small, privately owned hotel and restaurant located in the heart of the North Fork’s wine country, in Greenport, Long Island. The Greenporter Hotel is located at the entrance of The Village of Greenport and is a short walk from village docks, boutiques, restaurants, and galleries in downtown historic Greenport. The hotel is just across the Long Island Sound and minutes away from Shelter Island, as well as the Long Island Railroad and the Hampton Jitney. The hotel is designed in a minimalistic 1950’s retro style with your modern day amenities. The property has 30 guestrooms which convey the feel of a comfortable beach house for the guest seeking a casual but stylish setting. All rooms feature a queen or king size bed, private bath, flat screen cable television, air conditioning, mini fridge, in-room coffee maker as well as daily maid service. The restaurant on-site serves some of the area's best dishes and cocktails featuring selections from local farmers, fisherman and winemakers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your The Greenporter Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.