“A hidden gem” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sunset Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Greenport
Sunset Motel
You added Sunset Motel to your Saves list
62005 Route 48, Greenport, NY 11944   |
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Greenport
New York, New York, United States
“A hidden gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

My wife and I were conflicted about writing a review for the Sunset Motel. Not because we did not enjoy our stay, but rather, the positive review (we would inevitably write) might make it more difficult to reserve a room in the future. In the end, our better nature prevailed. We loved our week at the Sunset. Our efficiency suite was quiet, clean and had a gorgeous panoramic view of the Long Island Sound. This is not to mention the incredible service (and thoughtful recommendations) we received from Theresa and the rest of the staff, who seemed to take a personal interest in our having a wonderful vacation. Mission accomplished.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Franklin, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

If you want clean, well equipped and well maintained lodging with a price that is most reasonable for the area the Sunset Motel is for you. And the location is on the sound with a private beach and a wonderful view. A real bonus is that you get to meet and interact with Theresa who will provide insight about to places to visit, recommend excellent restaurants, coffee shops and wineries. She is a font of knowledge and a most congenial and helpful host.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Babylon, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Just spent a week on a little road trip starting in Saratoga Springs, then on to Woodstock VT, on way home to Long Island my wife says I don't feel like unpacking when we get home. So I thought why go home then. I detoured to New London and took the ferry to Orient. While on the Ferry I browsed Tripadvisor and read the reviews of the Sunset Motel. Reading the reviews it seemed too good to be true, so I called and lucked out they had one room available. Upon arrival we were greeted by a fairly plan looking 2 story motel but the grounds were immaculate right down to the water, Checking in we met Therese who could not be more cordial and she gave us advise about the area and restaurants. She went as far as checking the time of sunset and booking us a reservation on the outside deck of a local restaurant so we would be there for the sunset. The 1 BR suite was quite comfortable with an enclosed balcony with wonderful views. I would give 10 if the ratings went that high.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Wilton, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

My wife and I spend several nights at the Sunset Motel mid-week early in the summer season and found our host, Therese to be most welcoming, engaging and gracious. Our room's balcony afforded us a quiet space to enjoy viewing Long Island Sound and some beautiful sunsets.
We look forward to our next visit to the North Fork and the Sunset. Wholly recommended.

Room Tip: Second story rooms in the building directly facing Long Island sound have sitting balconies affordin...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

I came to Sunset with My Family for a week. Therese was lovely! She was very accommodating, and great to chat to. Our room was clean, and our kitchenette was amazing to have for the week. We used it for nearly every meal the whole week!
I love the screened in patios! I spent so much time relaxing out there due to the rainy weather. They overlook a spacious lawn area that leads to the beach.
I am so happy we stayed at Sunset Motel. It was very close to Greenport Village, and still felt secluded from the traffic. It was the perfect calmness I needed to refresh from the busy city life. I highly recommend!

Room Tip: I recommend staying in a corner room, a little bigger view of the beach scenery.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

If you are looking for the real Northfork with a gorgeous view of the sunset, private beach, rustic charm, and a peaceful atmosphere where you can unplug and get away from the hectic world, come out and stop over to see Therese! She will treat you like family and make you feel at home!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
manchester two, nj
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

This vacation, for us, was outstanding thanks to the warm welcome and help from Therese. What a pleasure to have stayed here. Our views were beautiful even though the weather was "iffy" for a good part of the stay.
Can't say enough about Therese - her graciousness and help in locating the best restaurants and jaunts.
It's not about the facility. It's about the people. Tops the list!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Sunset Motel? Share your experiences!