“A great find in the North Fork” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Noah's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 54 Restaurants in Greenport
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 3rd Street
Transit: LIRR to Greenport, Hampton Jitney to Greenport, Shelter Island Ferry to Greenport, Crossound Ferry to Greenport.
Huntington, New York
“A great find in the North Fork”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

We drove on a Saturday night an hour and a half to dine at Noah's. I was lenient due to how long the drive was and had high hopes. We tried a Brussel Sprout Special which was made w apples, sausage, Gorgonzola, onion & a great sauce. It was an amazing small plate! Others we tried were the cheese puffs, lump crab cake, crab taco and tempura veges. All were delicious but the veges were superb. When we arrived at 6:30 it was slow & quiet and by the time we left it was crowded and loud. I'm glad we had a bit of romantic quiet time. We had no one sitting to the either side of us so it wasn't uncomfortable but I could see how it would have been since the tables are very close to one another.
The atmosphere was perfect and modern. I loved it. The server was kind and courteous. The service was fast and efficient.
Overall I'd return here in a heartbeat even though it took us over an hour to travel there. It was a great place and the chef is super talented. I will probably be going back this upcoming week for restaurant week.
Highly recommended place!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Connecticut
“Nice food, but alot of decibels”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Interesting meny; you can order a typical main dish or several smaller ones priced @ 50-75% so you can taste more than one dish. I would suggest this is the best - look at the tables next to you and ask what is what - helpful for many unusual dishes. Tasty and well prepared and the kitchen was not slow - actually good timing of dishes. One detraction for me was the noise level as rather high since the restaurant was full, but guess that is mostly age-related.....

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Pennington, New Jersey
“A good dinner choice on the North Fork”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

On a recent business trip I had a early day and did the North wine route on the North Fork and arrived in time for dinner in Greenport, LI. What's interesting about Noah's is that you can do large or small appetizer plates to share among friends. I ordered the Fish and Chips that came with a curried slaw, homemade tarter sauce a wedge of lemon and side of thin cut fries. The Fish were 3 cylindrical strips that were cooked well with a crispy batter coating. I had a nice pairing of a Chardonnay from a small Long Island producer (whose name I don't recall) that was a good selection from the bartender.

Aside from the immature group of young kids across from my end, the meal was a good experience. Didn't have any dessert but the choices were varied. As an aside it as nice to come at this time of the year where there were no snotty New York Hampton types. I was told the summer experience at this restaurant can be dramatically different. Would definitely come back on my next round.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New York City, New York
“Great addition to the North Fork experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

For the longest time, The Seafood Barge in Southold was my favorite restaurant on Long Island . When it closed in 2009, it was a sad occasion. Chef Noah Schwartz has a new restaurant in Greenport. Totally different, but just as great. Love the fact that you can order a bunch of small plates and "tastes" to share. Also love that many of the menu selections feature local ingredients. Have had lunch there twice, both times ordering a bunch of small plates and was delighted with all of our orders. Particularly liked the Moroccan Humus & the pulled duck on a bed of polenta. Highly recommended as a pleasant break during a day of wine tasting on the east end.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Brooklyn, New York
“Great Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

The food was great. The little necks were extremely fresh. The butternut squash risotto was good (I was expecting a little more flavor). The seafood was excellent. The pumpkin pie was amazing! The atmosphere was excellent and the service was perfect. I would definitely return to Noah's for great meal.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere