“A Home Away From Home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ruby's Cove Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Greenport
Ruby's Cove Bed and Breakfast
Certificate of Excellence 2014
New York, New York, United States
“A Home Away From Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We stayed at Ruby's Cove, and didn't want to leave! Donna immediately made us feel right at home, and shared some history about her and the house. Donna gave us great recommendations, from dining to wineries, to the little shops in town that are fun to look in. She even offered to make reservations for us. The room was cozy and beautiful. The house was full of comfortable furniture and really let us unwind and relax. Donna presented us with a nice snack platter of cheese and wine, as well as growlers of Greenport beer. The morning was the real treat. Donna is a great cook!!!! She made us a delicious breakfast, and it was a fun time to sit and chat with the other guests in the house. Everything at Ruby's Cove was amazing. We cannot wait to venture back there and be at our favorite home away from home!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Conroe, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

We were visiting from Texas and enjoyed the hospitality, great food and beautiful rooms. When Donna, the owner,said make yourself at home, she meant it. All of her recommendations were wonderful and she was so helpful from when I called to book the rooms, to arranging transportation from the train station, making dinner reservation and finally driving us to the train station at the end of our stay. We will be back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Belford, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I recently stayed at Ruby's Cove as a belated anniversary getaway. What a great experience. First of all, Donna the owner, puts her heart and soul into your stay and caters to your every need. She takes time to help you out with anything like directions, dining options sightseeing or even attending to a trivial request to replace a burned out light bulb. She even provided us with valuable discount coupons to many of the local wineries. Upon our arrival, she provided wine, cheese, crackers and beer from the brewery next door. Our room, the Ballast, was clean and comfy with everything you need, even plush bathrobes. Donna is an accomplished cook who takes great pride in her breakfast each morning that consisted of a delicious egg dish, with various sides like sweet potato home fries, pancakes, french toast, bacon, sausage and not to mention, great conversation. The B&B is within walking distance to shopping, dining, shops and attractions. All in all this was a great weekend.

Just a few notes that may be of use to you: first, there is not a single TV in the B&B. Second, the room showers are extremely small but adequate and finally, breakfast is served at 10am, coffee at 9. I didn't have an issue with any of these since I was on vacation and would certainty return for a future stay. In fact, I plan to return in the summer and share this wonderful place with friends.

• Stayed March 2013
Berwyn, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We stayed at Ruby's Cover Bed and Breakfast for 3 nights. Really quint place with lots of character. Great owner who really cares about ensuring all guests have a nice time, are well fed and are well serviced. Donna (the owner) is also an excellent cook. We were vegan and normally have a hard time when we go to B&Bs. Donna went out of her way to come up with some really yummy options for us. This B&B also has a great location located about 10 steps from the Greenport Brewing Co. for those of you beer enthusiasts. It is also in a great proximity to the center of town. I highly recommend this B&B.

Farmingdale, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

My wife and I decided on a weekend getaway to the scenic North Fork. We chose Ruby's Cove B&B. What a great choice, we spoke with Donna prior to the trip and she was even nice enough to send us a discount card for the wineries , so we could take advantage on the way out to our little getaway. Donna ,our hostess, was amazing we were welcomed with snacks and made to feel like it was our own living room. She was so helpful in everything , we got the lay of the land and were directed to all the best things happening in town on a quiet winter weekend. The room was great and the bed was one of the most comfortable in memory. We enjoyed the inn so much we were reluctant to leave its cozy welcoming confines. Would we visit again -you Bet

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at Ruby's twice in two weeks since . The Inn and te rooms are excellent and the location is perfect for walking anywhere in Greenport. But those important points of selecting an Inn cannot compare to the Hostess, Donna. She is a great person who makes your stay as fun and memorable as it could ever be. We will be back!

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Queens
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

During several conversations with my boyfriend, I had often mentioned Greenport and how beautiful it is and wish I visited the area more frequently. Well for my 28th birthday, my boyfriend decided to surprise me with a bed and breakfast birthday at Ruby's Cove. On our way to Ruby's Cove, we ate at Love Lane Kitchen (which I highly recommend), bought delicious cheese at The Village Cheese Shoppe, visited several wine vineyards, and finally arrived at our destination: Ruby's Cove. To be quite honest, I am not sure where to even begin. Well, we were greeted by Donna, and I must say meeting an individual like her in your lifetime may be rare. She was extremely personable, friendly, gregarious, and generous. She gave us tips where to go, what to eat, and how to enjoy our time as a couple. Furthermore, she pampered us with a delicious breakfast (mmm, thank you, Donna). Then, there was the home, and when I think about the home (Ruby's Cove), it would not be what it is if it was not Donna as the owner. So, if anyone is looking to be in a home whose antiquity is still intact and possesses the very charm that an old soul like me often desires, then Ruby's Cove is for you. So, thank you Donna for giving the world Ruby's Cove...and thank you to my boyfriend, for giving me Ruby's Cove and the experience that comes along with it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Ruby's Cove Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!