“What a Great Surprise!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fordham House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Greenport
Fordham House
You added Fordham House to your Saves list
817 Main Street, Greenport, NY   |
Ranked #4 of 8 Greenport B&B and Inns
“What a Great Surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

Just needed some real repose away from the city and this century and Fordham House provided that and more. It combined the charm of the old world with all the amenities of the new. Since I was traveling on my own, I welcomed the time owner, Halina, took in making me feel at home.
Each day, after a wonderful breakfast (O, those handmade waffles!) she directed me to special
Greenport sites of special interest all of which were within walking distance, a plus since I had no car. I consider myself lucky to have found this beautiful venue and become part of its ongoing history.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Sun City West, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

From the moment we entered the friendly yet upscale Fordham House we were treated like a King and Queen! The rooms are roomy, stately and the bed was divine! We were swept up into another world of a stately, elegant sea captain's home. It was quiet yet close to everything in quaint Greenport.
We are already wanting to go back for the sumptuous homemade breakfast strada personally made by the owner/hostess, Halina. Great experience! We recommend it highly!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Plainview, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012 via mobile

What a great Bed and Breakfaat, owner was beyond nice! Loved my room huge bedroom and bathroom, such a comfy bed! Breakfaat was amazing ! Loved it so much already booked to go back in the fall!

• Stayed July 2012
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

My mom and I just returned from our stay at the Fordham House in Greenport, NY. The Fordham House was a wonderful experience - from start to finish, Halina ensures your stay is comfortable and truly enjoyable. The rooms are charming and very comfortable, no detail is overlooked! Breakfast was absolutely delicious!! Halina offered fresh yogurt with fruit and pastries, in addition to a hot entree. The B&B is only a short walk from the village of Greenport so it's very conveniently located. I loved our time at the Fordham House - I can't wait to go back!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

The Fordham House is a great inn, the property is beautifully preserved, and we loved the house decor! My friend and I checked the reviews before going, and were pleasantly surprised when we arrived - it turns out some of the pics and reviews are from the days of the prior owner. You should check out the inn's website - the sitting areas and bedrooms were lovingly redecorated and look wonderful. The name of the new owner is Halina and she was fantastic! She knows (and loves!) the area and was super-helpful and the whole trip was very relaxing.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

My husband and I have a wonderfully relaxing stay here over a long weekend. The house is comfortable, the rooms are well appointed, the host is accommodating and helpful, and the location is fantastic. Great escape. Highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Fordham House? Share your experiences!