“The bad reviews are wrong!!!!!! We loved it!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Eastern Long Island Kampground

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Greenport
Eastern Long Island Kampground
You added Eastern Long Island Kampground to your Saves list
690 Queen Street, PO Box 89, Greenport, NY 11944   |
East Islip, New York
“The bad reviews are wrong!!!!!! We loved it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

We were hesitant about coming to ELIK after readig such poor reviews. I am glad we did not listen to the reviews and made our own determination. This place was great. The staff was friendly. The campground was very clean. There were many activities to keep everyone entertained. Not to mention, it is a short drive into the village of Greenport. They are also a dog friendly facility. We had a fabulous time and are looking forward to coming back.

Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Long Island New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011

We have camped in many places and the staff here Are by far the meanest.. They are nasty. A group of campers next to us we up late and making much noise, someone complained about them and then they accused us the next day. They are not cut out for family, kids, fun or camping, maybe they should go into the resting home business! If you want to camp but not move or make a sound go here.

Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Bellevue, Nebraska
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2011

I was born & raised on the North Fork...I have since moved on but have family in the local area which were charged $15 a piece to park their car in an overflow parking lot and walk to our site to have dinner with us. They weren't staying over night, or even using any of the Kampground amenities. The management still would not waive the fee...in my opinion, that is unreasonable and I will not be going back because of that.
The playground was full of trash and the for such high rates (4th of July weekend) and extra fees, it should be in much better condition.

Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Shirley, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2011

I recently read these views and I was confused.....this campgroung has been a home away from home for my childreen since 2004. We have a tent and we have spent many, many extended weekends and even a few weeks here last summer. The staff here are like family. Whenever you have a question or a problem, they are right there to help you. As for the owners having too many rules......SO BE IT> They run a safe place where my kids could ride their bikes all day and still be in a safe environment. Everybody looks out for all the kids whom essentially grew up together coming here. The kids get a sense of freedom they cannot get any where else on Long Island. To me and my family....this is campground is a home we look foward to coming to every year. My son is 13 and my daughter is 11. They still cant wait to go to Eastern ong Island Kampground to enjoy their home away from home!!!! Dont change a thing, Myron and Donna!!!!!!

Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Manorpark
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2010

I have been a camper for many years and i have noever once in my life seen a campground operated like a police state. I am all for rules and regulations to keep our families safe. However, the management of this facility has gone to great lengths to curtail anything that could be construed as having fun.

With the exception of Patrick, who was very helpful, i found the staff here to be annoyed by any request for help.When our electric went out late at night our calls were met with comments such as "you woke me up" and "it must be your camper that's the problem".We had the same problem 2 nights in a row and it had been fine during the day both times.
I don't usually complain but this is something that had to be said!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Long Island, NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2010

We arrived at campground to take a look around before we decided to not to stay because of the following reasons.

#1 All the owner's do is yell
#2 Don't go 6 mph or they will yell at you!
#3 Bugs the size of quarters that look like they will carry you away!
#4 Don't make a wrong turn by mistake or all the owners come out yelling at you!
#5 The owners just like to yell!
#6 Don't wash your dishes at the water faucet - because the owners will yell!
#7 Don't walk or ride your bike more than 5 mph or they will yell at you!

I think they are all from the movie deliverance - so watch out because they will chase you down the road if you do anything wrong!

Think you get my drift! I would never stay at this campground the owners are rude, they have bugs that are huge and all they do is yell!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Rhode Island
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2009

A friend and I, on a bicycle trip, pulled into this campground after 6 pm on a weekday. We each have our own very small one-man tent and wanted to share a site, but the owner insisted that we pay $80 for two sites. We pointed out that we would only be at the campground for about 12 hours, we did not have a car, and we would not be using the pool (it was already closed for the night at 6:00) or any of the campground's amenities, services, or programs. The combined size of our two tents was less than 6' x 6' and we would not be eating any meals there - we didn't even use the picnic table! We are the ultimate in "no impact" campers - but NO, the owner was adamant that he would only allow one tent per site and if we wanted to set up both tents we would have to pay him $80. We have never dealt with anyone this unreasonable and greedy before!

There was a family next to us with a very large tent (about 10' x 12') plus a large screen room, a car, 4 kids, and half a dozen bikes. They only had to pay $40/night, but the owner insisted that two quiet women on bicycles with tiny solo tents would have to pay $80 for the privilege of sleeping for a few hours in his campground.

Also beware that the camp store and pool are only open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. - you won't get morning coffee, ice cream snacks after dinner, or any suppertime campfire supplies at this place. And the showers were mediocre at best. All in all, this campground might be okay for RV'rs but was terribly inhospitable to tenters.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Eastern Long Island Kampground? Share your experiences!