“I'm Really Impressed...” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Long Beach, New York
“I'm Really Impressed...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2011

Visited Matsuya over the weekend. The place was jumping with diners for which I was really surprised as the location is kinda hard to find, in the small corner of the shopping center near TD bank in great neck.

The food was awesome. Really fresh sushi with a wide variety of fish, unlike so many sushi spots these days. Giant clam, Blue Fin toro, Aji, Amadai, West coast Uni. The list just goes on and on. Although my omakase dinner set me back a few bucks, it was worth it. The Sake selection was great and Kobe beef to boot.

Ok so it didn't have the atmoshphere at a place like Morimoto, but I didn't have to drive into the city and parking was super convenient. And oh yeah, they have a colorful 25 foot reef tank down the middle of the restaurant.

Not to be overlooked, the staff was really attentive & pleasant.

I'm definately coming back next time I'm on the north shore.

Highly recommended.

• Visited February 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

NY
“One of the best sushi restaurants in Great Neck!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2008

This place is great! The waitresses are friendly and the sushi is so fresh and so good. Everyone I have taken here rants and raves. The fish tank is great too!