“Wonderful Steak taste. Credit card not acceptable.” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Doing business
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Goyang, South Korea
“Wonderful Steak taste. Credit card not acceptable.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Restaurant menu is very simple and the taste was very good as a famous steak house.

But, only cash or debit card are acceptable. We were embarrased at the counter as there's no pre-notice, luckily cash was not short though.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Long Island
“Very nice lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

We have gone here many times over the years. It was a favorite of my father-in-law. As expected, the food & service were fantastic. Our party had the prime rib, steak for two, and a fish. (Sorry, I can't remember which fish exactly.) The sides and salads were also very good. In any case, everything was delicious and we were all happy. Dessert was apple strudel and pecan pie. Yum.

I can say that I did have a couple of surprises for a $300+ lunch. There were people in our area dressed way too casual - sweats, baseball hats. One woman even picked up the T-bone and started gnawing on it. It was a little bit funny but not everyone will find humor in it.

Barry, United Kingdom
“Great steak with a difference”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

You can't beat a BIG steak for being properly cooked but the Peter Luger difference is that their steaks are to SHARE so they are truly massive, then cut into 3-4 bite sized chunks. They have 2, 3, 4 person steaks, all a huge porterhouse and even the 2 person is cut 2" thick.

Fort Myers, Florida, United States
“Fantastic steaks but disappointing service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

I've been to Peter Luger before -- my house charge card has a number assigned that is around fifty years old. Every time I've been there in the past, it was a great experience all the way around. The last time I was there was 2 years ago. This time, it was a bit different. The steaks were great -- as usual. However, their service appears to be slipping. When I arrived, I found the front door locked. When I finally got in, it took about 5 or 10 minutes for me to get my table -- even though I made a reservation weeks in advance. I noticed that the restaurant was mostly empty at the time I arrived -- around 6-ish PM.

When we were seated, it took some time for our server to show up with menus. After we ordered our steaks and they arrived, we never did see the steak sauce show up at our table. I didn't particularly care about that (nor did my guest) since I do not use the sauce -- the steaks don't need it. The thing that stuck out in my mind was that this was the first time that they didn't automatically deliver the steak sauce to the table. The whole time we were there, the servers congregated in groups of four shooting the breeze. Since the restaurant was mostly empty at the time, it didn't really matter. It seemed to me that these get togethers should have taken place behind the scenes rather than on the main floor of the dining room.

I hope that this encounter with indifferent service was simply because they has new people working that night and not something new and ongoing. Were it not for the indifferent service, I would have rated Peter Luger with a "5". I will definitely return again, simply because they are the "Holy Grail" for steaks. However, I will consider making my next visit to the Brooklyn location rather than the Great Neck location next time.

New York City, New York
“Best Steak on the Planet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

This is my all time favorite steak house. The food is just always so awesome and perfectly prepared. I have been going there for many years now and I have done quite a bit of travelling around the world. No Where else comes even half as close to how Peter Luger's steak melts in your mouth. Their secret sauce is also incredible. Whenever in NY, this is a must do!

Visited February 2013