“Three night stay Sept. 2014” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Byblos Niagara Resort and Spa

Save Saved
You added Byblos Niagara Resort and Spa to your Saves list
Byblos Niagara Resort and Spa
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 Whitehaven Rd, East River Rd, Grand Island, NY 14072 (Formerly Holiday Inn Grand Island)   |
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Grand Island
Erie, Pennsylvania
“Three night stay Sept. 2014”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed here for three nights in early Sept. This is an older hotel in a great location(there are no bad location on an island as small as this). Our room was on the ground floor facing the beautiful river. One could tell that the rooms were old and were partially updated but we had no complaints. I was happy with the fact that there was not wall to wall carpeting in our room. I feel the floors can be cleaned better with other types of flooring. Our bed was a little small, but very comfortable. I was surprised that there wasn't a gift shop though.

Room Tip: Request a river view. We were on ground floor which was quiet for us.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Saegertown, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I'll start by saying I'm NOT a hotel snob, but that I do have criteria for which I base my reviews.
The hotel is large & it's setting is ideal on the Niagara River. It has two indoor pools, an outside pool, & a hot tub (which I didn't use).
Our room door was crooked and we had to use our bodies to shove it open (& push it shut!)
Slightly stale smell, but a nice view out onto the river. A dirty sliding glass door opened to a balcony.
The carpet was stained & FELT dirty, wallpaper was coming off the walls, mirrors were not clean (streaky), & there were stains on the ceiling.
The bed appeared clean, & amazingly enough, it was OK comfort wise.
We asked about a fridge for the room, & it would have been an extra $50, PLUS an extra $50 if we wanted a microwave.
There was no included breakfast (even though they have a room that was used for that purpose!) There's a restaurant on site that offered a breakfast buffet for $15 ea. person- it wasn't worth it!
It is what hotels would offer for 'free', very basics (poorly).
Not even coffee pots of ANY sort available for self serve coffee ANYWHERE!
We've stayed here one weekend a year, a couple of different years. We weren't here last year, & It is under new ownership, which explains the new deplorable conditions.
This hotel gets TWO stars, the bed was ok & it WAS better than tent camping!

Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My husband and I went for our 1 yr anniversary.The riverview rooms are fantastic and romantic.The room has a balcony with a comfy King size bed.Our room was clean with flat screen TV. There is an in door& out door pool and arcade game room.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Allentown, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The hotel needs some major renovations. We stayed there as part of a bus trip to Niagara Falls, NY. However it is at least 20-25 minutes from the Falls and there is nothing around the hotel. If you need to go to a drugstore or to pick up something you forgot, there is no place you can walk to. Even if you had a car, there is no store, restaurants or shops anywhere near this hotel. The hotel itself is in pretty rough shape. One elevator out of 2 was not working the whole time we were there. There was no ice machine on our floor. Breakfast was just barely adequate. If you have a chance to stay anywhere else in the Niagara Falls area, please take advantage of that as this hotel is average @ best and crummy @ worst.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My family visited Grand Island for a reunion. We wanted to stay on the island but were less than impressed by any accommodation what we could find beforehand on the internet.

Byblos sounds good to a point but it is little more than an aging wreck of a hotel, poorly maintained and in need of serious renovations.

We checked in and proceeded to our "Riverview" room. We hard a hard time getting the door open as it was stuck. Our non-smoking room stunk of smoke and the balcony was littered with butts. We complained and were told there were no more Riverview rooms but were given breakfast vouchers to compensate. My wife complained and we were moved to another Riverview room that magically appeared when the manager got involved. The room had a great view but has not been updated for some time.

The ice machine on our floor was missing and where it should have been was a filthy floor and, above, falling down ceiling tiles. The foyer leading to the outdoor pool had holes kicked in the walls. Disgusting! This is the kind of place that you pull back the covers to check if bed-bugs are present or if someone has already slept in the bed. Do not stay here if you have any option at all!

BTW, their brochure speaks of "beautifully appointed rooms”. the three that I saw were certainly not beautifully appointed!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Visited Grand Island earlier this month. The hotel was busy--and really noisy. There were 5 tour buses, some that arrived at 2AM. Loud talking in the hall, doors slamming...

Bathroom was dirty, only one soap. Only one cup in the room.. when I asked at the front desk for another cup-- I was told that I should get one from the bar. The staff were nice (a bit inexperienced).. but I left as soon as I could the next morning.

far overpriced for the experience.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

I stayed in this hotel for one night as part of a tourist group. The hotel appeared to be good. I didnt get any opportunity to interact with any staff or to try any food in the restaurant. The room facilities are good. Good enough for a day or couple days.

Stayed August 2014, traveled solo

Been to Byblos Niagara Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Byblos Niagara Resort and Spa

Address: 100 Whitehaven Rd, East River Rd, Grand Island, NY 14072 (Formerly Holiday Inn Grand Island)
Location: United States > New York > Grand Island
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( Wi-Fi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Grand Island
Hotel Class:3 star — Byblos Niagara Resort and Spa 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Priceline, Orbitz, HotelsClick, Odigeo, Venere and Otel so you can book your Byblos Niagara Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Grand Island (Buffalo / Niagara) Hotel Grand Island
Grand Island Holiday Inn

If you own or manage Byblos Niagara Resort and Spa, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.

;