“Very good hotel for this price range” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Goshen
Northbridge, MA
“Very good hotel for this price range”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Arrived an hour before check-in on July 17. We were able to check in early, Room# 121 right off the lobby. Woman working at the front desk was very courteous and helpful.
Hotel appears to be fairly new, or recently renovated. Our room was clean and odor free. Room had a small fridge, iron and ironing board, and a newer flat panel TV which worked well. Air conditioner also worked well. Hotel has a pool, but we did not use it. We woke up too late to try the lobby continental breakfast, so I cannot comment on it. Queen beds were medium-firm and seemed fairly new. Linens were also clean. There were two pillows for each person, one firm and one soft.
We only spent one night here, after attending a concert at Bethel Woods, about 40 miles away, and would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: If you want to sleep late, ask for a room away from the lobby. There is a lot of noise from people p...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Corning, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Very clean and just far enough away from Middletown to stay overnight for the NYSPHAA boys soccer championship comfortably. Nice, large bathrooms in the room, stocked with some of the softest towels I've ever seen in a hotel. The pool looked very nice, although we traveled in November, so the pool was closed.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Whitingham, Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

The motel was close to the park where our event was held. The room very comfortable and clean. We could have had a better view. Staff was very friendly. The continental breakfast was delicious lots of choices and fresh lovely fruit.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Bessemer, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

I arrived at this property around 6:30 pm with reservations. Common areas of the hotel were nice & clean & check in with smoothly. That was the last thing that went smooth. After I unloaded all my belongings in the room I kept hearing loud music. I called the front desk to complain & they said they would take care of it. Nothing happened. I called again, same thing. I went to the front desk twice. Shawn was the male at the desk & I don't know the females name. I asked them to come to my room to hear it. Neither would. Shawn said he forgot a church group was using downstairs & it would probably stop in a few minutes. It was a foreign church group & that is where the singing & chanting was coming from. It continued. I asked for another room. The female clerk told me they were using the downstairs for another hour and a half. I asked for another room. They didn't want to give it to me & when she saw I had a discount she had a make a phone call. My first room was on first floor & nice. Had a flat screen TV & fridge. Second room was on third floor with an old style TV, no fridge & definitely not as nice. Bathroom was large but rust on chrome pieces. Walls were scuffed. Zipped bed bug cover on the mattress. Breakfast was horrible! Had cereal & waffle machine, rubber eggs & the kitchen hostess was cooking the bacon in the eating area. She had a pile of bacon on a paper plate & cooking it. It was raw looking. I would be afraid someone would get sick from eating that. The breakfast was so bad I chose to eat a day old doughnut from my luggage. I should not have had to go through what I did to get my room problem resolved. They were absolutely going to ignore my complaint. Comfort's responsibility should be to serve their guests. I have no problem with them earning extra money renting out space but it shouldn't affect the guest experience. After 11 hours on motorcycle all I wanted was a clean, quiet room to rest. Instead I got a hassle & a downgraded room. Will not stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Bay Shore, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

The bedroom area of the room was very clean, but the carpet was completely worn out. It looked as if it were a solid color. When you looked along the wall and in less traveled parts of the room, you could see the design. The carpet must be very old. The part of the room that really needed the work was the bathroom. The shower drain was completely clogged. The chances of getting somebody up there at 10:30 at night were pretty remote, so I unscrewed the drain plug, stuck my fingers in there and pulled out a clump of hair the size of a dead rat. These things don't get there overnight, so the drain has probably been clogged for some time and no one did anything about it. I should have given them a bill for plumbing charges. There was also some missing grout on the floor and along the tub and there was a large crack in the tiles that ran for several feet and spanned several tiles. I really have to say I am about done with Choice hotels. This is the 3rd time I think they have come up short. The Comfort Suites have always been good, but Comfort Inn and Suites have all been shabby. My stay at the Oneonta Clarion certainly did not help my opinion of them either.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

Cleanliness
I'm a little crazy on the whole clean thing so I try to cut some slack when I write a review, but this room was clean to my standards. It was literally spotless, even areas that tend to get neglected in hotels (of course I look!) There wasn't even a spot of soap scum on the bottom the the soap dish in the shower, the faucets were positively gleaming. So if clean is your number one, this is the place for you.

Breakfast
Above average with hot items (eggs meat) vegan choices, and foods that would please kids including cereals and two kinds of waffle batter (reg and chocolate) even late the bar was well stocked and attended.

Coffee
I'm a coffee snob, so take this for what it's worth. The coffee wasn't awful, I could drink it, but it was a far cry from gourmet. The coffee on the breakfast bar was a cut above what is in the room, but still not anything that would rival Starbucks or other premium coffees. For the rate, I would like to see the hotel improve their coffee selection to a premium coffee blend. But a plus for having coffee service in the room (also tea).

Internet
Free and fast. Easy to connect. A plus. There's also a business center with a printer (not wireless. though) and two stations, though one of them was down during my visit so I had to wait to print a boarding pass.

Entertainment
If you like to kick back and watch TV, the hotel's choices aren't too impressive. For one thing, the TV's are old school -- no flat screen HD's here. The channel lineup is likewise weak, so much so there's not even a list in the room. I didn't find any premium channels, there's no options for pay-per-view (those options are probably only available for newer televisions) So if TV is high on your list, look elsewhere. They have an outdoor swimming pool, it was a little cool during my visit so no one was using it.

Room Comfort
The room is spacious, with a king sized bed, a nice closet equipment with iron/ironing board, there is a nice sized bathroom and a chair/ottoman. There is also a desk with a desk chair and available plugs for your laptop.

It seems that the thermostat is set for an override (you can turn it down to 50 degrees, but it won't cool the room beyond it's "set point" of 70 degrees) obvious when you make a five degree swing in the temp both ways and it kicks on the same number of times. I was generally comfortable, but I like my room a little cooler at night and it annoys me that thermostats in rooms don't really work except to save the hotel money.

Noise
Only a problem in the morning with the staff, who have their radios turned up so loud I could easily hear them in my room even when they were down the hall. If sleeping in is your room thing, might look elsewhere because the room cleaning starts early - eight-ish and the frequent radio chatter it evidently takes to get the job done will roust you out of bed -- I'm a dead-to-the-world sleeper and it woke me. There is some traffic noise as well, but that is white noise to me and I'm able to tune it out.

Beds
Beds were comfortable, neither too soft or too firm, with a choice of firm/soft pillows and nice linens that were spotless. No tossing and turning.

Staff
All the staff I encountered were friendly/helpful, the way they should be, maybe overly so as they would apologize for being on the elevator with a linen cart, etc.

If I'm in the area again, I'd definitely stay there.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Villanova
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

Really enjoyed this hotel. I was there for the Hoboken Film Festival and the location was wonderful. The hotel was very clean and that staff was friendly and accomodating. Rooms are large, lots of channels, very good shower, separate sitting room with a second TV. Only issue I had was there was no garbage bin in my room. They called after I'd been in my room for 30 minutes to check on my satisfaction. I mentioned the garbage bin and they ran one right up. Breakfast was good and room was clean and pleasant. Good parking and fast internet access.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Goshen
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chester - Monroe - Goshen
Hampton Inn Harriman Woodbury
Hampton Inn Harriman Woodbury
#1 of 2 in Central Valley
4.5 of 5 stars 491 reviews

Been to Comfort Inn &; Suites Goshen / Middletown? Share your experiences!