“Desserts not made on the premisis” 2 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American
Good for: Entertaining clients, Doing business, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Just opened last night! Open for only dinner this week then adding lunch next week. Tues-Sat lunch and dinner starting 10/26/10.
Monroe, NY
“Desserts not made on the premisis”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

This is a quaint Bistro. I was very excited to give this place a try. I really wasn't very happy about the food especially at the high prices. I sure don't ever mind paying top dollar for great food but I do mind when it is top dollar for decent food. I also think a Bistro should have desserts made on the premises which they do not.

Visited February 2012

Goshen, New York, United States
“Who knew French Fries could be soo delicious!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

Had the pleasure of eating lunch with a friend at Bistro Lilly today! Everything from the minute we walked in was special. The owner greeted us and was happy to answer all the questions we had about the menu items. We started with the fried artichokes that were prepared to perfection. I went with the crabcake sandwich that was fresh and full of crabmeat not fillers like most other places. The truffle fries were beyond delicious. Never tasted them before and can't wait to go back to enjoy them again. My friend went with the fried chicken wrap that she too enjoyed very much along with those perfect fries. Although we were very full we had to try the lava cake...heavenly!! Thank you Bistro Lilly for making our lunch memorable and we WILL be back!!

• Visited January 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Monroe, New York
“Wonderful!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2011

This was our first time at this lovely and cozy place. We had a total of 4 dishes and they were all delicious! The fried artichokes were light and crispy. My mom said the truffle fries were the best she's ever had. No ketchup needed. Our waitress was nice and helpful. The owners very very sweet and attentive too! I was the only vegetarian at my table and had a few choices, which isn't usually the case. We had a great experience.

Visited September 2011
Goshen, NY
“Awful”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2011

We have been to this Bistro a few times, and to say the least we were not happy with our dinner the week of June 2nd. The food was not up to par. The atmosphere was very unpleasant to say the least, our server seemed to be very stressed. As I have ordered from the menu the samething the chicken, I was most unimpressed with not only the taste but the presentation. We understand through heresay, that there main Chef was out. We will give it another shot but we will make sure the head chef is there so that we are guaranteed excellence in the preporation of our meal certainly for what they charge.

• Visited June 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Goshen, New York
“Not This Time”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2011

This is my second visit to this restaurant. Our first dining experience at this place was for our anniversary during "Restaurant Week" - A wonderful experience. During Restaurant Week, they were serving a three course meal for $28. However, this time, our experience was extremely disappointing. When we arrived, there was only one other customer in the restaurant. We ordered a glass of Sauvignon Blanc (Chilean) to start. Our waitress was obviously new as a server. We didn't feel that she was attentive at managing the flow during the meal. I ordered an endive salad and my wife had the house salad. It took almost 20 minutes to receive the first course. We also ordered a $40 bottle of Chianti. Our waitress had some difficulty removing the cork. Her inexperience in this matter was evident. Now mind you, there is only one other customer in the restaurant. The endive salad came with gorgonzola, 4 candied walnuts and 2 cherry tomatoes that were quartered. A huge disappointment. My wife had the salmon which was good. I ordered the duck which was a special for the evening. My wife had the ravioli stuffed with lobster. When I received the duck, it was raw or marginally cooked. I could not eat it and requested that the duck be taken back. The owner then came back with duck which had been cooked a little more. The owner said that the chef is a Culinary graduate. He should taste what he serves. Finally, we receive the bill and after leaving the restaurant realized that we had been overcharged for the 2 glasses of wine. I went back today and was given the amount that I was overcharged. This just soured the whole dining experience. My wife and I will not return. When you pay $152 and change including tip, you expect a better meal and better service. The price we paid did not include dessert and coffee. There are only five bottled wines on the menu, $30 being the cheapest. We noticed a number of people going into Catherine's, a restaurant across the street. I wonder why. WE WILL NOT RETURN!

• Visited May 2011