“A lucky find - out of this world!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Cranford, New Jersey
“A lucky find - out of this world!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Just took a chance on this restaurant for lunch on the way to visit family. Upon entering, we were immediately pleased with the comfortable atmosphere and friendly staff. The lunch menu was wonderful, which made it pleasantly difficult to make a decision. We were first served a loaf of freshly-baked bread, crispy on the outside, soft on the inside, along with nicely-seasoned dipping oil. I chose the boneless short ribs served with mashed sweet potatoes and sautéed green beans. The meat was melt-in-your-mouth delicious. It was one of the most delicious meals I have ever had. I couldn't stop raving about it to the waitress each time she passed by. I think it was the first time I used the phrase "out of this world" to describe a meal. My mother-in-law had the roasted vegetable Panini with French fries - also delicious. I'm looking forward to our next visit, and hope to bring my husband next time. I would highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Chester, New York
“Good Food, Good Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

I'm really impressed with the food at Limoncello. I've tried both meat and pasta there... and the dessert was outstanding. Enough for a vegetarian there, as well (although, I'm pleased that I'm not one, so I could sample more meals). The service is really nice there, too. Very good people, very accommodating, and very kind.

Visited December 2012
Middletown, New York
“Ambience and not much else”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

My husband and I went for restaurant week. We were seated by a fireplace in a very nicely decorated room ~ Italian themed. We waited about 15 minutes before anyone came to our table; waiters passing us by and ignoring us, and when our waiter finally arrived he seemed annoyed that we asked to see the price-fixed menu. It took another 10 minutes to get our drinks. The salmon was dry, and the steak was grisley. Prices were fairly high for our area, and I didn't see the value in the price.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Great find!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Very nice restaurant off the main highway, worth the detour! Wonderful menu selection - the veal and the lobster risotto were wonderful! I will definitely go back.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Newburgh, New York
“Limochello my favorite restaurante in Goshen”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Been there many times with my husband, and with family members. Every time we eat there the food and the service been excellent. Do recommend them above others in that area.

• Visited March 2013