“Good Food, Good Service” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Chester, New York
“Good Food, Good Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

I'm really impressed with the food at Limoncello. I've tried both meat and pasta there... and the dessert was outstanding. Enough for a vegetarian there, as well (although, I'm pleased that I'm not one, so I could sample more meals). The service is really nice there, too. Very good people, very accommodating, and very kind.

Visited December 2012

Middletown, New York
“Ambience and not much else”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

My husband and I went for restaurant week. We were seated by a fireplace in a very nicely decorated room ~ Italian themed. We waited about 15 minutes before anyone came to our table; waiters passing us by and ignoring us, and when our waiter finally arrived he seemed annoyed that we asked to see the price-fixed menu. It took another 10 minutes to get our drinks. The salmon was dry, and the steak was grisley. Prices were fairly high for our area, and I didn't see the value in the price.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Great find!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Very nice restaurant off the main highway, worth the detour! Wonderful menu selection - the veal and the lobster risotto were wonderful! I will definitely go back.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Newburgh, New York
“Limochello my favorite restaurante in Goshen”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Been there many times with my husband, and with family members. Every time we eat there the food and the service been excellent. Do recommend them above others in that area.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
MD
“Top Notch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

My parents have been going to Limoncello for years, always claiming how wonderful and great it is... My husband, son, and I had the pleasure of finally accompanying them to my fathers birthday dinner last night at Limoncello. Ohhh boy from the moment we walked in I knew it was going to be a good dining experience. The owner knew my father by name and warmly greeted him and my mom (and us of course) as soon as we walked in.

My brother enjoyed the beer selections and my mom picked out a great red and white wine for the table. The waiters were so top notch...and it's not like I frequent fancy restaurants often or anything, but even I could totally tell that everyone was at their professional best. The waiter recognized my parents as well, which was so sweet. The menu selections were great, you could get something fancy or something classic. The best was hearing the specials of the evening. Even food I wouldn't normally eat sounded seriously amazing. So I tried the curry sweet potato soup (which I am pretty sure was made specifically for me!) :) My dad tried the split pea soup which he loved. Everyone at our table tried something different for dinner, but everyone loved what they got. I had the roasted half chicken (seriously yum) and my husband got the steak with rosemary I think it was. I tried his and it was out of this world. I don't know how to make steak so perfectly cooked like that!! Even my little boy loved his butter pasta noodles. We (unfortunately) had to decline dessert since we had a birthday cake waiting at home, but they all came out and sang Happy Birthday to my father who was greatly appreciative of the gesture. They even gave him a piece of tirimisu with a candle in it. (Which we all tried, and loved.) They let us hang out and talk for a while and then we headed home. I must say, I understand why my parents go out of their way to come here again and again. This is a restaurant managed and run by genuine people who care about their jobs. My dad said it best when he said that it's so nice to go somewhere and be treated like how he would treat his own customers. Well done,Limoncello! I can't wait to go back in the summertime when we can sit outside!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere