“Disappointing visit” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Disappointing visit”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I've never really used trip advisor before now but came across it on Sunday when we were looking for somewhere to eat near my girlfriends parents house and after reading reviews we decided to give the Wheatsheaf and Pidgeon a go. Lovely pub from the outside but found the inside dated and grubby looking. Only positive was the quick drinks service. I was surprised to see that dogs were allowed in the pub where food was being served which put me off a bit. The food prices were high for an estate pub and when I went outside to take a call I noticed a small food standards agency sign that said there hygiene rating was 2 stars. Didn't order food. A quick search on the internet took us to a place in Laleham which was more to our taste.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

88% Recommend
England
“Really enjoyed our meal here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Had a great meal in this pub - bar area was quite crowded but we managed to find a table and service was friendly and relatively quick. Food is reasonably priced and generous sized portions. I think my only criticism would be that there are very few vegetarian meals on the menu.

• Visited April 2013
London, United Kingdom
“A great local pub”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

Having just moved to the area, I was eager to check out the local pubs. This proved to be a hit with my wife and I. Unpretentious, welcoming atmosphere and decent beer.

We'll be back many times I'm sure!

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Becky B, Manager at The Wheatsheaf & Pigeon Pub, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Thank you for your lovely review. We are happy that you enjoyed your experience with us and we look forward to welcoming you back. Welcome to the area.

Becky and all the staff
“Great Local Pub”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This little pub is great to visit. They are showing all the 6 Nation rugby games, so a good place to go and chill with a beer. Not only lagers, but real ale too. They serve food, although I haven't eaten here, I have seen other people order food, and it looked good. The smoking area out the front has a heater that is a must in this cold weather. The staff are very friendly too.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Becky B, Manager at The Wheatsheaf & Pigeon Pub, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind review. We hope that you will visit us again soon

All at the Wheatsheaf and Pigeon
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“A local gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Sat and ate in the bar Sunday lunch time. The Trip adviser app guided towards the river into the middle of a quiet residential area, and I'm thinking we are heading back to the centre of Staines to take our chances with the multiples in the town centre. Then suddenly the Pee Wee appears, we get a parking space ( there are 3) on hard standing outside, and venture in. The restaurant is full, but we can eat in the bar. Well it truly was a local, with folks popping in and out, a meat raffle that night (tickets £1), and every-one enjoying the relief of a bit of good weather. The food was good honest pub grub, no pretensions. I guess the kitchen was busy, but the staff kept us up to date with how the plating was going. Anyway, worth trusting the app, and we kept quiet for the neighbours on the way out.. Enjoy

• Visited January 2013