“Nice food but generally disappointing” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #23 of 63 Restaurants in Staines
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Description: Bright and modern, Pizza Express Staines offers an exciting reinvention of Italian classics. A vibrant menu includes wholesome Romana-style pizzas with adventurous topping combinations, as well as fresh salads, an impressive range behind the bar and aromatic coffee blends. Family-friendly Pizza Express gives kids the chance to design their own pizzas.
“Nice food but generally disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

Popped into this restaurant on a Thursday at about 5.30pm. There were only two other tables of diners at the time. We were shown to a table quickly by a waiter who didn’t say much or make us particularly welcome. Drinks and food order was taken quickly and the kids starters, some olives and main course arrived quite quickly. The food was nice. Kids meals were just the right size. I had the lasagne which was piping hot and tasted lovely. My wife had a pizza. It was so large she took some home when we left. Everything else was a bit disappointing. The staff seemed to forget we were there despite being in the middle of the restaurant. A few other tables started to fill up and another member of waiting staff appeared but all three members of staff appeared to have the ability to avoid my eye contact every time I tried to get their attention. I even sent my two children, aged 3 and 5 to speak to the manageress so they were able to order their desert. The waiter did eventually pop over and clear our plates but again didn’t say much. The gents toilets downstairs smelled and the toilet seat appeared to have wandered off leaving just the porcelain bowl to hover over. The area around the upstairs disabled toilet also smelled of Spanish (or maybe Italian) drains. Not nice. To finish off a fairly disappointing visit the bill arrived and after paying it my wife noticed we had been charged for three kids meals (one more than the two we had enjoyed). A refund was given but again no apology from the mute waiter. I probably will give the place a miss next time and eat in Ask round the corner which is a shame because I usually have a good meal at the restaurant.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

London, United Kingdom
“Usual consistently great pizzas and good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

I guess people like their pizzas in different ways but I think Pizza Express in general, and this one in particular, do them just the way we like them. It was absolutely raining star rods when we decided to pop in, so restaurant was very quiet. We were celebrating my first day in a new job, friends returning to Angola (BP) and our son returning to Uni shortly. Usual quality meal, and great value with current offers available online.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great chain restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

Went here on an impulse with friends just before Christmas and was well impressed. Very polite and efficient service, lovely atmosphere and the food was well prepared and servedA
++++

Visited December 2013
Datchet, England, United Kingdom
“Good value excellent location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

Nothing spectacular about the Pizza Express in Staines but it does offer the standard choices. We decided to eat here because we knew we could have fast service and make our cinema in time. Good choices of food & drink.

Visited November 2013
“Nice atmosphere bad food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

I have been here a couple of times now and each time they burn my pizza crusts which really annoys me. It's a shame because it has a great atmosphere. I think they need to get a new chef.

• Visited October 2013