“Disgusting!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 6 hotels in Glens Falls
Middletown, Rhode Island, United States
“Disgusting!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Do not stay here!!!! Where should I start? The lights didn't work.The place was filthy!! They just threw a sheet over the the mattress, no fitted sheet. The pillow cases were so thin you could see the stains on the pillows, I just threw them to the side. The front window was broken, we couldn't close it. Most of the outlets didn't work, hole on the wall... the list goes on. The person at the front counter had no communicating skills at all...it was like talking to the wall. Lets just say the only reason we stayed there was because we had been on the road all day and it was almost 2 in the morning when we got there, we were extremely tired. This place should be condemn!!!!! I'm still pissed that we paid to stay there it should have been the other way around.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

56 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Eldridge, Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

The first room we looked at had lots of dirt on the floor, toothpaste in the sink, and lots of toilet paper on the bathroom floor. Tried a second room and it was even worse. There was a bowl of cereal that was rotten sitting by the television, lots of trash in the room, beds not made, etc. We were then sent to a third room that was dirty, smelled of smoke (non-smoking room), no iron, door would not close securely, beds with sheets that had not been changed and hair on the pillows. The owner offered a small discount because this was the last room he had. We stayed there because all other hotels in the area were full. Ice machine broken, no coffee or breakfast items at 7 am. We've never stayed at a worse hotel. Definitely not up to Choice Hotel standards.

Room Tip: Would be better to sleep in the car.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Plattsburgh, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

We got into our room, and noticed our beds were smaller than full beds when we booked queens. Also spoke to an elderly couple who had to try three rooms until they found one that was clean and still the third one wasnt the greatest but they had traveled for 3 hours and needed to rest. Staff is not friendly. After the elderly couple complained about the first two rooms we never saw anyone go to clean them.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Lexington, KY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

Sheets and blankets were dirty.
I paid cash for room and my debit card was also charged, the clerk did not know how to credit amount back. Spent an hour on the phone with my bank to have charges released.
Checked out early, it took 17 days to receive a refund check.
Would never stay in this hotel again!
Absolutely nothing was done by the hotel or Choice to accomodaye for this horrible experience.

• Stayed May 2013
wappingers falls
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

The hotel is not the newest motel I have ever stayed at but the rooms were very clean and the staff team was very nice. The grounds were very well maintained and so was the motel. The breakfast was not much to speak about but the value of the night stay was well worth it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Queensbury
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

I reserved a room with 2 queen-sized beds and took Econo-Lodge over a hotel that was charging less for double beds. I got there around midnight and tired only to find 2 double beds very disappointing.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Chicago, IL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I drive an 18-wheeler, and I always call a hotel in advance to make sure they have parking. This time was no exception, and I was told that they did, so I made my online reservation. Upon arrival, I found out the hard way that the clerk I spoke with didn't really know what he was talking about, and I barely fit my truck in the lot. My wife went to the office to check in, and was told that it was in addition to the regular room rate, we would be charged an additional $30 to park the truck. She explained that we had nowhere online did she see anything about this charge, and we had never experienced an extra charge for parking at any motel or hotel with truck parking. The clerk insisted that the extra charge for parking could be Googled. ("Google it, Google it," he kept insisting.) He also stated that the charge was on the reservation confirmation. Feeling as if she was being taken advantage of, she cancelled our reservation and walked out. After checking the confirmation, and also Googling it, we found nothing that referred to the parking charge.

Obviously we never even got to see the room, so I can't comment on that, but the honesty of the clerks we spoke to says a lot about what we probably would've found if we had.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!