“So Gross!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Glens Falls
USA
“So Gross!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2010

Let me start how my stay began at this hotel. We get to the front desk and the lady has no clue what she is doing. She tells us to make sure you check your room because someone could be in that room. She had no idea. We had two rooms. So my friend and I go to our room and the hotel is old and the ceilings are falling down. Mind you we check in at 1am and at 4:30am there is someone trying to get in my room, good thing I had the key chain on. The guy will not stop until he realizes that there is someone (me) in the room. I call the front desk and say, you know you gave this room away right? She sends security who says oh it was the drunk guy who just came in the hotel. Well how did he get a key to my room? I could not go to sleep after that! Mind you we came to look at this hotel for my friends wedding. I then let Chantel the sales manager know and all she did was say, I am sorry and we must have dropped the ball, but she never investigated why it happened. Needless to say, my friend will not be having her wedding at this hotel.

When you walk in the reception area look up because you will see the walls and ceilings are peeling.

Never again!

Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Lafayette, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2010

Traveled to Saratoga Springs for the races, but wanted to visit the Lake George area as well. This hotel is right between the two, and the price was great. Glens Falls is a quaint town and the downtown area, right around the corner from the hotel has nice shops and eateries. There were also painted adirondack chairs on display all over town that we enjoyed discovering and photographing. The Queensbury is a nice older hotel that has been very well kept. Double room was spacious and clean. Only complaint about the room is that the mirrors in the bathroom and bedroom were hung too high to comfortably use. However, there was a full length mirror hung on the closet door and was quite useful. There is an indoor swimming pool/spa that is a bit difficult to get to, as you can see it from the lobby but must take the elevator to the first floor and then walk down a flight of stairs to actually enter the room. The pool room is lovely as it has a domed skylight that allows a beautiful view of the sky, day or night. Lots of parking, well lit and I never felt unsafe, as the police station is just a block away.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Conway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2010

I have stayed several times at this hotel and I really WANT to like it. They are friendly, the rooms are clean and quaint, it's located in downtown Glens Falls close to a nice village area. But, really, the beds are beyond bad. They are hard as a rock. I really think hotels have to have the best possible bed above and beyond almost anything except cleanliness. Forget the big screen tv or indoor pool, get me a decent bed!!

Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2010

Glens Falls is a perfect distance from the bustle (jaded frenzy?) of Saratoga Springs in season. The Queensbury is a large but quiet, old style city hotel. We heard nothing of our neighbors in adjoining rooms. the decor is homelike and inviting, and we were glad to drive the 15-2 minutes to get to Saratoga Springs, our vacation spot.
By the way, Glens Falls has some very nice aspects and attractions in its own right.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Doylestown, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2010

It was a real pleasure staying there. Clean, comfortable and centrally located. Our kingsize bed was really comfortable and pilows were a nice quality. During our stay we stopped into the bar and had martinis made by Kevin. The glass was made of two parts where the bottom half was filled with ice and a glowing colored light, nice touch. Kevin also secured a table for us at the restaurant down the street. Thanks Kevin. If the opportunity comes again we will stay at the Queensbury!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Montreal
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2010

The hotel charges me about 160$ for meals my family and I never had at the restaurant that appeared on my AMEX account several days later. I politely complained, the manager never called back, told me call accounting on their non-1-800 number and accused me of eating at the restaurant. They found their error....a guest used the wrong room number when they charged the account. I never got an apology for their error. Guess anyone can use another room number when it's time to charge the bill to the room. We were going to book four nights in late July but we won't be back.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Glens Falls hotels

Shickshinny
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2010

We stayed for a 3 nite visit. The room was a queen . It was small but we only stayed at night.
Bed was comfortable and staff was very kind and helpful. Their response to any problem was immediate.. The restaurant served great food. It was close to everything and the town was a nice and clean area. The only complaint I have is that the hotel had a large party in a banquet room that lasted until 1:00 and the noise carried throughout the entire hotel . It sounded like it was right outside our door and we were on the 2nd floor..Overall , a nice , very clean place for it's age....It had character. I would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Queensbury Hotel? Share your experiences!