“Great Place” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Glens Falls
Gowanda, NY
“Great Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2009

My wife an I stayed here on a hunch and it was right. A pleasant, clean, friendly and charming hotel right off downtown with plenty of easy parking free. Even if it shows it's age, it is a deal. Step back in time while having the modern conveniences. Staff was exceptional and free Breakfast in a romantic setting. This may be well-kept secret but may not be for long, as the price ($79) was right.

Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
QueensburyHotel, Hotel Management GM at Queensbury Hotel, responded to this review, October 2, 2009
Dear Guest,

We read your review and are very happy to know you enjoyed your time at the Queensbury Hotel and we hope to see you again very soon for your next stay in Glens Falls.

GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2009

I picked the Queensbury since it was the closest hotel to where I was working. Unfortunately I never had much opportunity to use many of the amenities. The pool looked very nice. It also looks like it has good meeting facilities.

I ate in the lounge the night I arrived. The food was well prepared and I thought very reasonable price for a hotel - but I tend to think in terms of West Coast pricing. I only had breakfast in the restaurant. I would think that the outside patio facing the park would be a nice spot on a warm summer's evening. I usually got back too late to be interested in anything other than sleep most nights.

Although they only mention WiFi hotspots in the hotel, I had no trouble connecting from in my room with either of my laptops.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

We have read your review and are very happy to know you enjoyed your time with us at the Queensbury Hotel and we hope you to see you again very soon for your next visit to the Glens Falls area.

GM
Upstate NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2009

I have stayed here on two separate occassions.
The hotel has a certain old-fashioned charm to it, but its pretty shabby. The paint was comming off the walls in one room, the shower had spots that looked like mold in the caulking, the caulking was peeling, etc. The beds are comfortable and the sheets seemed clean so its not a terrible place to stay for a night, but the hotel definitely needs some repairs.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I have reviewed your comments regarding your stay with us at the Queensbury Hotel. We do take all comments seriously and appreciate all the feedback that you have provided. We do apologize for the condition of the room that you were placed in. As a management team we share all of the comments with our staff so we may resolve any and all issues. Again thank you for your comments.

GM.

Travelers are raving about these Glens Falls hotels

Crown Point
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2009

We have stayed in numerous places over the years and this place rates at the top of our list. Thank you for a nice stay!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Jacksonville, Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2009

Decided to stay here one night on the way to skiing in Northern Vermont. We checked in very late but were greeted warmly. Our room was very comfortable and spacious, decorated in a classic style. The room was very quiet and I slept well. I got up early and enjoyed the pool and hot tub which were clean and well maintained. As it was probably going to rain we decided not to ski that day and instead walked over the the Hyde collection, a museum in downtown Glens falls which was about a 15 minute walk.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2009

My colleagues (about 15 of us altogether) started a project in Glens Falls in September. Because the hotel is within a few blocks of the office, we booked the Queensbury. Big mistake. While it has a certain quirky charm about it, the hotel (even though renovated) is old and it shows. You may not mind if you are here on pleasure, but if you're a business traveler, you will find that both internet and wireless service run from spotty to non-existent. The rooms are decent, but because the hotel has the older kind of doors (with knobs), there is constant--and I mean constant-noise of everyone up and down the hall slamming their doors. My biggest complaint with the hotel, however, is that with one exception, the staff was the rudest, surliest group of hotel staff I have ever come across. They seem to hate their jobs, and have absolutely no idea that they are in the hospitality business. They need some serious customer service training. All of us left after a few weeks. I am not about to give 15 rooms of business to a hotel that appears to have no interest in being friendly. We are now staying at a hotel 10 miles away, but not even for the convenience of walking to work would I stay here again. Please don't give them your business. If people stay away, they may get the message and start acting like they want you in their hotel.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
New Brunswick, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2009

My family stayed at the Queensbury over the Thanksgiving weekend. We had a great time, as this was the area's holiday festival, and the hotel hosted many of the events. From Glens Falls, we visited Lake George village, the North Pole, and the "Black Friday" specials at the nearby mall.

The room was spacious enough for my family of four (two small children). The only downside was that there was no tub - only a shower stall. It either wasn't listed, or I missed it in the description. Either way, it's mighty difficult to bath two toddlers in a shower stall!

Everything was clean, and the staff was friendly and helpful. The continental breakfast was adequate, but nothing special. Davidson Bros. Brewpub a few blocks away was a great dinner!

• Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Queensbury Hotel? Share your experiences!