“Glens Falls Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Glens Falls
Great Neck, New York, USA
“Glens Falls Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Hotel was perfectly situated for our visit to the Georgia O'Keefe exhibit at the Hyde Collection. centrally located near good restaurants. couldn't have asked for better. The room was large and comfortable. The bathroom had a large stall shower.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Adam K, Guest Relations Manager at Queensbury Hotel, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
I was very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and the O'Keefe exhibit at the Hyde. Thank you for sharing your thoughts about our hotel and we look forward to hosting you again. Thanks.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
CENTERVILLE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

The hotel is almost in middle of downtown. Very nice to be able to stroll to the shops. The hotel itself is really quite nice. The entrance is very nice after coming thru a wonderful outside garden.
The room we stayed was a little disappointment compared to all the exterior and interior beautiful structure. The room was large with a walk in closet. The bathroom was small with no place to put any of the stuff needed to get ready for the next day. The bed was not one of the better part of the hotel. Had seen better days.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Greenville sc
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I was excited to stay at the Queensbury. I grew up in the area and always thought it must be a fantastic historic experience. The lobby lures you in with the 20's-30's era music but don't be fooled. They have old Victorian looking furniture in the lobby I sat in the couch which had a 12" rip across the back and it made a loud noise, I thought it was going to collapse. The lobby worker told me to be carefull it's an origanal, well maybe origanal is not always a good thing. The hotel restroom smelled like piss and pinesol. The elevator is very tiny. The rooms smell like a old musty camp. The bathrooms clean but the toilets are so close to the wall you have to sit to onesie of it and you can't flush it without shutting lid, so you basically have to bend down over bowl to flush it or use your feet. The beds are crap you get two sheets and a thin blanket that feels like a curtain. The hotel bar is nice but one of the waitstaff not all but ours was very lazy we had a group of 15 people with us and our bill was only $100 i think her name was Lynette. If she actually attended us it would have been $400 easy. I informed the front desk and the man told me well I only work in the lobby. They don't want to do anything in this hotel other than milk every penny they can out of it with the least amount of effort on their part.

Room Tip: Great location but does not have much competition so they are lazy.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Adam K, Public Relations Manager at Queensbury Hotel, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear Old & Crappy:
We here at the Queensbury Hotel take much pride in the fact that our hotel is a one-of-a-kind gem that you will not find on every corner. I would like to let you know that we hold our guests’ needs very high on our list of priorities. We strive to provide all of our guests’ with a unique experience that they will surely remember for quite some time. At times it can be a challenge working with an older building but as a team and with hard work we give every effort to keep our property on par or above what our guests’, in general, tend to look for in overnight accommodations. After reading your review I must say your comments have taken us by surprise. I do apologize if you feel that we did not fulfill our goals by completely accommodating you during your stay.
I am also concerned deeply about your experience in the restaurant, but without guests like you that share your observations we would not know where improvements are needed. All of your issues have been addressed with each department involved and I assure you that a re-training program has been instituted to make sure that no guest is forgotten or not taken care of to the level that we hold ourselves to.
We recently received an annual inspection from AAA and I would like to let you know that the inspector was overly impressed with the cleanliness of our hotel and the effort being performed by the housekeeping staff and we were awarded an excellent standing in those areas.
I would like to finally apologize that you thought our hotel was not up to your expectations as we certainly try to please each and every one of our guests without losing the old historic charm that comes from a beauty like the Queensbury Hotel. Hopefully, if your back home again and looking for some overnight accommodations you will give us another chance and we can redeem ourselves in your eyes. Thank you.

Travelers are raving about these Glens Falls hotels

Watertown, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

actually stayed twice with family in the past two months, once for the Saratoga race track and once for a family wedding. it is an older hotel, so you not expect one of those new boxy hotels. not too far from the race track, good breakfast. sunday morning noticed a loud discussion in lobby. the nice girl at the desk apologized, saying her boss was "grumpy" sometimes dealing with the guests. I found that to be a bit unsettling. I wouldn't want to complain if I was going to be spoken to like that, why start the day like that? the second visit was for my partner's extended family wedding Sept 7th. very nice, fun time. dinner was good. after the wedding we went to the bar in the hotel. i'm a bit old to play like they did, but everyone enjoyed themselves. the rooms were nice, I appreciated the décor, probably was spectacular in it's day. I look forward to next august, I will be staying here.

Room Tip: hot tub was good
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Sedro Woolley, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

This hotel was very good to have a conference due to how inexpensive it is to stay. The rooms are not the best and the beds are very hard but overall the place was nice. It is in a great location and lots of places to go for dinner. The staff is nice and helped when they could.

Room Tip: Check the room over before settling in, I had to clean my air conditioner filters myself because it...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

We stayed for a night while attending a wedding in the area. The hotel was located across from a beautiful city park that is reminiscent of another era. We were able to walk to restaurants and shops. The hotel staff was very friendly. We enjoyed a drink in the lobby bar in the evening and ate breakfast on the patio in the morning. The rates were reasonably priced. The rooms are on the small side, but clean and overflowing with Victorian charm. The indoor pool was an added bonus!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Middletown, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

When I was there in November 2012 there was a problem with the Wi-Fi but everything else was fine. The place is old, but clean and updated. If this is your style, you will enjoy it. If Hampton Inn is more your style, maybe not.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Queensbury Hotel? Share your experiences!