“Between the Mountains and the Racetrack” 3 of 5 stars

Queensbury Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   88 Ridge Street, Glens Falls, NY 12801   |
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Glens Falls
Bridgehampton
“Between the Mountains and the Racetrack”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

Heading to Saratoga Springs to introduce my sister to its magic, we needed an affordable place to stay. As I was looking for a hotel, I thought we might be able to add Lake George to our itinerary and thus was looking for something between the Lake and the racetrack. The Queensbury Hotel fit the bill at just over a hundred dollars a night - that's at least one third of what rooms cost in the Springs. About twenty minutes from Lake George and twenty five from Saratoga, the Queensbury is a renovating older hotel. It has small as well as unusually large rooms, with tall ceilings and large heavy doors, indicative of the era in which it was originally built. Our bathroom and shower were yet to be renovated and the water pressure was something to be desired but my sister had a brand new shower and loved it. Beds were comfotable and the hotel was very clean, and the air-conditioning worked beautifully - a requirement on such hot and humid summer days. My husband and I had a comfortable room with a King size bed, with a dresser, sitting chair and small coffee table, and a desk. My sister had a room with two full beds and enough room to have made it into two rooms - which was great when we collected in her room to see our photos from the day or to have room service dinner.

We ordered from Fenimore's Bucket List, two sandwiches - a Reuben and a Chicken Salad Melt - and Chicken Wings - we were pleasantly surprised. The food was good and affordable.

If you're in this region of the country and want to be between the mountains and the racetrack, I would recommend the Queensbury.

Room Tip: 150 is very large with two double beds and lots of room and a new shower.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Marita D, Guest Relations Manager at Queensbury Hotel, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Thank you for reviewing the Queensbury Hotel and your experience during your recent stay. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your views of our hotel. It has been our goal to modernize our hotel while retaining the old world charm that the Queensbury Hotel has been known for over 86 years. We appreciate your feedback and will include your thoughts in our future renovation plans. Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us. We look forward to accommodating your future travel needs.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

I have been staying at the Queensbury Hotel frequently for the past 9 months. The service and staff is, and has been outstanding.

I consistently recommend the Queensbury to business associates not only for the stay at the Hotel but also to eat dinner at the resturant. As I share with them "once you are at the Hotel there is no reason to leave".

Several times during the past several months I have had the oppurtunity to have family members stay with me at the Queeensbury and they just love the Staff & the Hotel is always in excellant shape!.

Additionally I bring business associates & friends to the Hotel's Resturant for dinner & drinks, everyone I have brought to the Queensbury always leaves very appreciative of the staff, service & food.

Room Tip: The rooms that face the park are excellant especially on the 3rd or 4th floor
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for contacting the Queensbury Hotel regarding your recent experiences. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your impression of our hotel. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. We are always pleased to receive praise and acknowledgement of such a positive nature. It is truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff’s efforts and takes the time to say thank you. Your comments will be shared with our entire staff, as reinforcement to continue their efforts to make the Queensbury Hotel a leader in excellence.
Queensbury, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

During March of 2012 my company decided to have our annual Dinning Out at the Queensbury Hotel. I had set everything up with the Event staff months before. Amy and the rest of her staff did an excellent job with all the changes that I had thrown at them last minute. We had great accommodations in the Adirondack Room coupled with excellent food and drink. All around it was a pleasant stay and cannot wait to make arrangements for next year.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Marita D, Guest Relations Manager at Queensbury Hotel, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Thank you kindly for taking the time to share your thoughts about the Queensbury Hotel and Conference Center. Please know that we use all comments as a training tool to allow us to grow to better satisfy our guests. I have shared your comments with our staff regarding your positive experience with your function. Not only have we shared this with our Banquet and Sales staff, but with the rest of the staff as well to encourage everyone to strive for such positive comments. Thank you again for your honest feedback. We hope to have the pleasure of serving you and your family again soon.
Greenfield, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

My sons and family all spent a 4- day week-end at the Queensbury Hotel. What a great place for a family. We had two of the rooms with a small living room and a little kitchen area with a refig. It was great - kids could be sleeping and adults could watch TV in the attached room. All the people working there were great - from making our reservations to eating in the restaurant for pizza one night and breakfast in the am. Great pool area. Best of all, the location is great - close to Lake George,NY. Thank you everyone for a great time and comfortable and clean place to stay.

Room Tip: Corner suites are great - large and sunny!!!!!!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts about our property. We were so pleased to hear how much your liked everything. We have shared your comments with the entire staff. Thank you again for your honest feedback. We hope to have the pleasure of serving you again in the future.
Gloversville, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

My sister was married on July 27, 2012. We had a contract with the Queensbury Hotel for a block of rooms for the wedding party and out of town guests. The check-in time was 3, wedding was at 6. At 3:30 we arrived and our rooms were not ready! At 4:15 our rooms were not ready! Pictures were at 5 and we told them this!! At 4:30, MY room was ready. My husband was in the bathroom, I was in the room and another bridesmaid was in my closet all trying to get changed into our wedding clothes at the same time. My room had NO iron I had to borrow one from next door. The maid of Honor had NO room until after the ceremony and reception at midnight!!! The bridal party was 30 minutes late to the pictures because of the Queensbury! We received no apology and no compensation for this breach of contract. They did not even seem to understand why we were upset and the level of stress it put the bridal party under! 2 traveling guests missed the wedding ceremony, one dressed in the lobby bathroom and the other dressed in the parking lot! They did not get rooms until midnight either! This experience at the Queensbury was horrible. The bride needed a toothbrush the next morning, having forgot hers. She asked at the front desk, no toothbrushes. She asked for coffee, no coffee. She had to go out shopping at 6:30 in the morning!! Just an FYI… the wedding, at Rainer’s Gourmet, NOT the Queensbury, was fantastic!!!!!!!!! Post note, since we have posted the review on a couple sites and with the Adirondack Chamber of Commerce, they have apologized.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Marita D, General Manager at Queensbury Hotel, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
On behalf of the Queensbury Hotel and Real Hospitality Group, please accept our deepest apologies for your experience at the hotel and the stress that it caused on this joyous occasion. Though this is not typically the situation at the Queensbury Hotel, we made repeated and significant errors in preparing for the arrival of your group, with check in times after 4:00PM, and then in handling your concerns and dissatisfaction to follow.
Though we cannot go back to undo these errors on our part, we are hopeful that the resolution we have sent to you via email will provide some compensation for your experience. We are hopeful the joy of the occasion superseded the stressful start of the evening. Through your feedback, we have implemented several procedures to eliminate similar events moving forward.
We are also hopeful that you will reconsider your future visitation of the Queensbury Hotel. We take extreme pride in our work at the hotel and would love the opportunity to exemplify our service levels to you. Please let us know if you are planning a visit and stay in the area in the future. We will make every effort to overcome your previous experience.
Please feel free to contact me to discuss.
Blair Lohmeyer

Travelers are raving about these Glens Falls hotels

New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Each summer we went to Lake George for over 20 years, we looked forward to staying at our favorite hotel with Walking distance to church.
We have even taken friends and recommended this place.
The previous two years they have been a GREAT DISAPPOINTMENT.
Last year, I booked our room, a parlor suite with Queen Bed, as usual.
Guaranteed with my credit card. When we arrived our room was not available.
They attempted to make us believe that the rooms available were competitive.
NO WAY! After the first shocker - we were moved into a basic room.

It is a little out of the way and it ONCE was a pleasant place to stay.
We traveled in late July 2011. We will check off August 2011.

Room Tip: Make sure you get the room you booked!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Marita D, General Manager at Queensbury Hotel, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
On behalf of the Queensbury Hotel, I would like to extend my most sincere apologies for the experience you expressed above. We are always extremely disappointed to hear about a less than stellar stay from our guests.

Since your last visit in 2011, we have completed a renovation of many of the room and hotel features, while retaining the old world charm that the Queensbury Hotel has been known for over 86 years. Feedback on our rooms has been wonderful and we would love for you to experience the changes we have made. Please feel free to contact me and I will assist in setting accommodations and a special rate for your return. I can be reached at 518-791-1121, ext. 123
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

I should have listened to the other reviews. My confirmation indicated that I was getting a newly renovated guest room featuring plush new bedding and LCD flat screen TV. If this was a renovated room I'd hate to see unrenovated rooms. There was an old box style TV on the dresser and the bedding was defininitely not plush or new. To the contrary it was 2 sheets with an old ripped brown blankets between them. Bathroom was dingy as well. When I checked in and told them about my confirmation. They said they were booked and do not guarantee rooms (this was not stated on the confirmation). Overall the hotel misrepresented their rooms and I would not recommend staying here.

• Stayed July 2012
Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience you experienced in respect to the stay that you had with us.

At The Queensbury Hotel, we take pride in ensuring our customer’s satisfaction. Unfortunately we did not meet your, or our, expectations. Upon receiving your comment we have thoroughly reviewed it with the front office, housekeeping and maintenance departments. We would like to assure you that we are continuing the training of all of our associates as well as continuing the renovations to our guest rooms.
We deeply value your relationship with The Queensbury Hotel and are committed to providing you with the highest level of service. Though we cannot undo your previous experience I would like thank you again for your honest feedback we would love for you to experience the changes we have made.

Been to Queensbury Hotel? Share your experiences!