“Great pizza” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
New York
“Great pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

We stop by here when we want good pizza. It is one of the best around. The restaurant is just of the northway and an easy stop going to Lake George. They also have good lunch specials.

• Visited May 2013

64% Recommend
Albany, New York
“A Landmark”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I grew up in the area and recently my wife and I were up to see my parents and I have always wanted to go back. Rewind to the 80's and this is where I was on family pizza night just about every Friday. I have such fond memories of this place. Anytime a restaurant is still doing solid business for 30+ years without a single cosmetic update you know it is only for one reason, the food is solid. I walked in and immediately recognized members of the staff from 20 years ago still there, another really good sign in this business. I was part of it for many years and know it too well. We got what I always got, pepperoni pizza and an antipasto for two. This time I got beer instead of a Buck Rogers (coke and grenadine, it was an 80's thing, boys answer to the Shirley Temple). We also got an order of wings just to see how they were. The pizza is just as I remembered it. It isn't a NY style pizza. The slices are small, maybe 6 bites or so. The crust is what I love the most about this pizza. It is that buttery crunchy greasy crust you can only get from well seasoned pizza trays, and these are well seasoned. It is a no frills place, don't expect anything spectacular as far as decor. Nothing had changed since I was there last and I was really glad. The wings were really good, they were the perfect size with a perfect medium sauce and a little crisp but not overcooked. The antipasto for two is the same too, huge. It is enough for 4 people to pick at. It is still the same as it was 20 years ago and that is the charm. Our waiter, who has always been there and may actually be a partner or owner, not sure, was super friendly and funny and in a really good mood. I can see where people might be miffed a little by this place. It is hard to explain, they still put green olives with pimento and deli sliced sheets of American cheese on the antipasto. It still has fake brick wallpaper and really old booths. The same Genesee beer signs on the wall, and I think it was on tap. I wouldn't go here for fancy and if that is what you are after I have a feeling they don't want you there either. I got the feeling everyone in there knew each other and liked that they knew what was coming and that it will never change. I like that too and I won't let 20 years go by again without coming back. I put couples visit because I went with my wife, this was not a romantic event. We ordered the large antipasto, wings (10), pizza was 1/2 pepp and 1/2 cherry pepper and broc., I had two Sam Adams and my wife two club sodas. The bill was $41, whoever called this place expensive really hasn't gone out much lately.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Delicious Pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

The pizza here is distinctively different. The toppings go all the way out to the end of the crust. It is delicious! I recently tried their white pizza and was quite pleased. We got it with broccoli, ricotta and garlic. I would leave out the garlic next time though. The way it was distributed, you ended up getting a mouthful of garlic and it was a bit strong. This place has been in business forever and still packs the customers in!

• Visited March 2013
New York
“Best Pizza in the area!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

The pizza is excellent and the service is great. They have the pizza ready when they say and it is cooked right every time. I have had at least 25 meals there and all were done right.

Visited February 2013
Warrensburg, New York
“I highly recomend going to Talk Of The Town .”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

I went to Talk Of The Town for a Holiday get together yesterday evening . Their were about 15 people in our party . The gentlemen that was our waiter did an excellent job ! Our waiter went out of his way to please everyone . No one had a single complaint ! I ordered the fried fish and chips . My meal was delicious ! I was very satisfied with my meal , My meal came with had 5 fried fish Sticks , cole slaw , and fresh cut French Fries . The fish sticks were very filling ! I could only eat 3 of them . I brought the rest of my meal home . Most of the people in my party ordered Spaghtitti and meatballs , Baked Zita ,Pizza , Burger and Fries . Everyone seemed to thoroughly enjoy their meals . I couldn't decide what I wanted at first , because their were too many wonderful things to pick from on the menue . Id like to try other menue options next time I dine their . Everything looked and smelled delicious ! It would be nice to remodel the inside of the building and modernize but, the appearance didn't bother me . I've seen far worse conditions else where . The only complaint I have is that the reseraunt owner needs to heat the building better in the winter especially in the womens restroom . It is freezing cold in the womens rest room . Overall I loved the reseraunt and hope to go back in the near future . I would highly recomend it to locals and visitors from out of town .

• Visited December 2012