“If you're hungry for good food and a good time, then Carl R's is your place!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Carl R's Cafe Restaurant & Bar

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Potsdam, New York
“If you're hungry for good food and a good time, then Carl R's is your place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

We stop every time we can when in the Glens Falls area. While other reviewers have a right to their opinion, so do WE! Our most recent stop on July 9, 2011, was like most all others - just good food and a good time. We even got to watch Derek Jeter get his 3K hit on their big screen behind the bar. Their menu is an eclectic mix of Tex Mex and other flavors, but they do a good job and provide a great value. We'll keep stopping, maybe see you there!

• Visited July 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

glens falls
“Disgusting”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2009

Food was bland and tasteless. Not mexican food at all. I had to choke it down with lots of water. I do remembering liking Carl Rs 10 years ago. Perhaps they have a new chef, whatever it is I wont ever eat here aging. The people who reviewed this is good food were either starving to death or arent used to eating food that taste good.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
NEW YORK
“Wish I had a CARL Rs near my house!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2009

Better than most thruway restaurants. GREAT CHICKEN WINGS! The best I have ever had. I wish there was a CARL R's near my house. We thought the food was good, service was decent, no complaints.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Glens Falls, NY
“Good Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2009

Decent food, not the best in the world, but good none the less. Great nachos, awesome fried ice cream and bananas foster. Best margarita's in town.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Upstate NY
“Horrible food and service - better off eating at a gas station”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2009

They claim to be a Mexican restaurant, but Mexican TV dinners are better. Been there twice (not by choice the second time) and the second time a waitress spilled my beer on me - maybe a third of a bottle - I asked for another bottle and was BILLED for BOTH. Stay away from here. I will say that this place is still better than Jake's Roundup just across the bridge into South Glens Falls though. I'd give that dump minus 1 star. If you want REAL Mexican food, go to El Mexicano in Hudson Falls, or Raul's in GF for a decent second choice.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere