“Try the Specials” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Try the Specials”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

We've eaten here several times and enjoyed the specials. We have also had some disappointing meals. Outdoor dining is fun but real noisey.

Visited September 2011

CT
“This is my new favorite dining spot in Glens Falls”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

I tried this establishment recently and it has become my favorite dining spot whenever we visit Glens Falls. The service was excellent, the food was creative and outstanding and the location was very convienent. Even though au poivre is not on the menu, the chef was able to accommodate my request and served me a delicious steak au poivre.

Visited May 2012
Sunnyside, New York
“Great Bistro”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

I've been eating here regularly while on business. The cafe has a homey ambience, the food is terrifc and the prices won't break the bank. I particularly enjoy the roast turkey, prime rib and roast pork but all their dishes are really good served homestyle, low on salt. I've met Kevin, the owner and chef and since I've been a regular he's made sure to connect with me and really treat me like one of the family. His wife, Patty makes the desserts and they will satisfy your sweet tooth. The wait staff are all very nice and even greet me by name. I will miss this cute little bistro so if you're here you should definitely try this place out. It won't disappoint!

• Visited May 2012
Bloomingdale, New York
“Best Crab Cakes!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

Very delicious meal, excellent service.
Their crab cakes consist of large pieces of crab, not a puree of crab meat like I have gotten in restaurants near the ocean. The dinner started with crisp salad and warm delicious bread. Then your entree which in my case was the crab cakes, my friend had the prime rib and we both choose mashed potatoes and the vegetable medley. Both side dishes were delicious.
My friend's Prime Rib was the best she ever had. We also ordered one glass of wine each the price being very reasonable and enjoyed the selection immensely. The cost of the dinner is what you would expect from a French Bistro with the quality of food you get there. The meal was just the right amount, we left feeling very satisfied but not stuffed..

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Why did we wait so long??”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

My husband and I visited on a Wednesday for dinner. The dining area is small, and the kitchen is visible to most tables. We were seated promptly and the service through our visit was pleasant. I ordered a pork chop with an apple, onion stew and pumpkin butternut soup My husband ordered blackened bluefish and onion gratin soup. We were both extremely happy with our dinners. The portions were generous and the flavors were delicious. Each dinner came with some of the best mashed potatoes we've had and a vegetable saute. My husband especially liked the onion soup; it was similar to french onlon, but with less cheese so it wasn't so heavy. The only criticism I have is my pork chop was cold in the middle. It seems they roast the pork whole, then cut it into chops when ordered. I didn't mention it to the server, because it was such a big chop that I was pretty much done with it anyway and asked to bring the rest home. We also ordered a slice of chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting to share. Very moist and delicious. They serve local brews on tap which is always a plus and even the coffee was excellent! The prices were very reasonable, especially when you go on Wed or Thursday as many entrees are only $12 and include soup or salad. I would HUGELY recommend this restaurant. On a side note, we noticed the chef/owner come out a couple of times to make sure entrees were cooked to order. It's very apparent that he cares about his food and his customers.

• Visited April 2012